Zero Calorie Days? Increased benefits?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  simcoeluv 10 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Hi All,

I know this has been touched upon a little bit but was hoping to discuss further. I have only been fasting for a few weeks but have definitely found that restricting myself to one evening meal is much easier then having breakfast at the start of the day.

I was wondering if anyone has tried the zero calorie approach on fast days? I actually think I’d find this easier. Today I’m fasting and had porridge this morning but am really struggling and wishing I hadn’t eaten at all.

Also, I am wondering if the zero calorie approach might have accelerated benefits? My aim is to lose 3 stone in around 23 weeks (I go to the gym five days a week for approx 60-80mins) so I’m hoping the zero cal approach might be help me achieve my goal for definite?!

Any thoughts appreciated 🙂

xxx

If you would rather not eat anything on your fast days then don’t. Most people do use their 6/500 calorie ration but there are a fair number who survive on water, black teas, herb teas, green teas from supper the night before to breakfast the morning after.

As for whether this is ‘better’, I don’t think there is any evidence either way. My gut feeling is that the benefits of fasting (as opposed to plain weight loss) would be greater the less your body had to digest, so maybe the ‘ideal’ would be water only. As for the weight loss, I don’t know, fewer calories may not necessarily result in faster loss, on the other hand I don’t think.there is some magic voodoo effect on eating the 6/500. I wonder if anyone has experimented on themselves and compared the results.

Hi and welcome:

It is totally acceptable to not eat on your diet days.

This will tell you how much additional weight loss to expect if you eat nothing: http://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/tdee-for-the-curious-or-why-dont-i-lose-weight-faster/

Good Luck!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.