Yoga

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Odetta4 10 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Hi all

I’m interested in yoga. After years of jump rope, weights and crossfit I am stiff and inflexible. I’m currently injured (foot fracture) and although I plan to reintroduce a little cardio back once healed I would love something more mindful like yoga.

So any yogis (is that a word?) out there and could you recommend any free yoga apps or YouTube videos I could use to get started?

Hi – if your still checking in. I like Dr Melissa West for yoga videos. I would start with gentle or yin so you don’t need to be on your feet.

Yoga with Adriene is a good channel on Youtube too.

Well there’s Yoga with Adriene, Bad Yogi, and Ekhart Yoga on YouTube. However, you might want to try going on a real yoga retreat instead. This might require a bit more cash than watching YT videos, but I’m telling you it’s worth it. I’ve been on this yoga retreat I found online: https://www.harmonicescapes.com recently and it was such an amazing experience. I’ve been doing yoga for just a week when I went to the retreat, and it really helped me improve my practice so much. Plus, I get to do it with other people, who eventually became my friends, while in a beautiful and very relaxing place. It almost felt like a rewarding vacation.

I actually heard about betterme yoga but have not tried it

Hi there!

As a fellow yogi, I can definitely recommend some resources to help you get started with yoga. When it comes to free yoga apps and YouTube channels, there are a few options you can explore. For YouTube, you can check out channels like Yoga with Adriene, Yoga with Kassandra, and Boho Beautiful. These channels offer a variety of yoga practices suitable for all levels.

If you’re specifically looking for yoga routines that cater to your current situation with a foot fracture, I suggest searching for “gentle yoga” or “chair yoga” videos(https://betterme.world/articles/chair-yoga-guide/). Chair yoga can be a great option for beginners or those with limited mobility. It allows you to perform yoga poses while seated or using a chair for support. You can search for “chair yoga for beginners” or “yoga with a chair” to find suitable videos.

Remember to listen to your body and take it slow as you ease into your yoga practice. Enjoy the journey of rediscovering flexibility and finding a mindful approach to exercise. Happy yoga-ing!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply.