Wow, that was bad……

This topic contains 13 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  MitzMom 10 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

• Been on 5:2 going on 13 weeks now, and it has been mostly great. Have had just a couple of setbacks, but lost over 20 lbs. I have felt and looked better over the past 3 months than I have in years.

Up until now, I haven’t fallen off the wagon on a fast day, and yesterdays fast day…..yowsers!!!! It was a fast day alright, after having fasted most of the day, and intending to eat my 500 calories for dinner at a relatives house, I ate everything in sight, VERY FAST!!! I had NO control!! I mean none!! Let’s just say calorie city!!

Needless to say, I feel very sleazy and gross today. Have decided to do 3 fast days this week, as I don’t feel so good physically or emotionally right now. Funny how when you are going through life’s difficulties and challenges, that can affect how and what and why you eat. Stress is a naughty factor too.

Don’t want to give up, though.

A little side note and a thought: how about the whole subject of this person or that person talking about fat people or prejudices, etc. just gets dropped here and now. Technology is both a blessing and a curse. We get a lot of news and info at our fingertips, and a byproduct of that seems to be that we as humans, sometimes use this technology to spew forth all sorts of opinions and advice and what not, and tend to feel the need to school each other.

I really appreciate this forum and it has helped me a lot. Thanks for all of your positive feedback and experiences you share with the rest of us!

hi TidyChick, please dont beat yourself up over this little hic-up, im sure after fasting all day long you may not have had half as many cals as you think. tomorrow is another day, pick yourself up, dust down and carry on, its not the end of the world. besides that we all need a blow out every now and then, i know i have mine, xx

p.s agree 100% with your other point xx

Note to self: always eat before going to eat with a group.

I can enjoy the company better.

You mustn’t feel guilty, tidychick! Sometimes it just isn’t meant to be, despite your best intentions at the start of the day. Mimi talks about lapsing in her part of the book. She says “always give in gracefully if that day is not your particular day to fast”. Just remember that this ISN’T like a normal diet (though what constitutes ‘normal’ in the dieting world is a whole other debate!), there’s no failing or falling off the wagon! Tomorrow is always another day! The minute you start to beat yourself up you will begin to resent being on the plan. So keep positive 🙂

2215 cals sunday

i know it is my only feast day of the week the rest is carb cyckling lowcarb med

but still ugh

most of it chocolate ugh:(

all because of an article that type2 diabs can have sweets

once & a while

& others confirmed u can have sweets

so since 2009 i bought a hershey’s symphony bar a jumbo one

thinking that 1’ce a mth i will eat one piece 0:)

but nooooo i eat the whole thing whaaaaa 🙁

950 cals in one gulp 🙁

this is after 7 months of fasting & not cheating

even though sunday i can cheat

but still
    950 cals in one gulp 🙁

so i did what u said a 4/3 this wk

2 make up 4 it 🙂

u r not alone 🙁

we feel 4 u

wish u continued success

TidyChick – remember over 20lb is absolutely amazing. This is one blip. Don’t be hard on yourself. It’s not what goes wrong but how you deal with it that matters 🙂

20lb is brilliant, well done. I don’t think one day of going mad is going to hurt. Sometimes losing control around food is kind’ve a way of being in control, especially when under stress. Perhaps deep down saying I can do whatever I like, when I like and no one will tell me otherwise. Eating is the one thing that we have total control over. The important thing is that you recognised it. 🙂

Hi! I’ve recently done the same thing and felt dreadful after. Things are much more under control now though. I’m back on the wagon now thanks to the support on here. Best of luck!

Hi, TidyChick, as others have said, don’t stress about it, it’s just one day. Tomorrow is still to come, so just stick with it – you’ve done so well up to now and should be proud of yourself. Fast on!

Don’t sulk, win this game!

Let’s settle this fairly on the FAT issue!

You know who you are!

Fight FAT with no FAT – fairly.

Whoever removes the most FAT or other measurements in September wins!

http://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/feed-fast-hiit-september-2013/

I’m on this site and tracking my activity, and I could just as easily track my weight.

You want to throw FAT? Well, what are you waiting for? 3 weeks left, not much, but there you have it.

It’s also an honor system, as we cannot verify this. Calibrate those scales or whatever measurement fits, like weight, BMI, size measurements.

Top 3 are acknowledged, and winner has boasting rights & can close this thread.

Ties are voted on by impartial participants.

Man UP and woman Up!

➖➖➖➖➖➗➗⚫

Thanks to all of you who responded today! That is so awesome to know we are not going this road alone. Also, your tips, advice and experiences really are very helpful! Was able to fast today, a nice feeling, after yesterdays gluttony. Thanks again!

Don’t feel bad or guilty TidyChick, I haven’t had a wobble yet, but only 2 weeks in and I’m sure I’ll have one sooner or later! Just focus on how well you’ve done and get back on track.

Hi, everytime I start a new diet (and they are leigon)I think to myself,back to square one – but at least I’m still in the game! hang in there 🙂

Oh man! I was fasting for about 8 weeks and lost 9 lbs! Yay!! Then I had hip surgery and literally HAD to eat for 7 weeks, so so so hungry that I could not fast…back on the wagon yesterday (gained 5! stinking lbs back!)… it is what it is…………you are not alone!!!!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply.