With best intentions and will power

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
With best intentions and will power

This topic contains 10 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  franfit 9 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• Here I am a 36 year old woman on my second week of ADF trying not only to loose weight (about 27 kg or approx. 61 lb) but also to improve general health and regain energy. On the energy front after 2 weeks of fast I can feel change. There has been also some weight loss since this Monday 28 April.
    Overall stats:
    Height 165cm
    Start weight 83.9kg (sorry don’t do Imperial)
    Current weight 82.4kg
    lost 1.5kg
    Goal 55kg
    Anyone join in and let’s do it together.
    Dietingbaker (DB)

Hey DB

I started last week so my second is coming up.

Whilst I had a cheeky look at the scales this morning and it told me I had lost two pounds (almost 1kg) the thing that i have found this week is that clothes are a bit better fit around my waist.

Measuring is the one thing that I didn’t do but must as that can be a substitute for teh negative feelings if the scales haven’t shown a loss but the tape measure has.

How have you found the ADF? I may try that but am sticking to the 5:2 at the moment

Jen

Hi db,
    I am 49 and mum to a very active 9 yr old boy! I took him to a sailing lesson yesterday and stood by the side of the lake yearning to join in! But alas, this is not possible as the pounds have crept up over the years and I am totally unfit. So I have just ordered the 5 : 2 books and looking forward to a whole new me! I have a similar amount to lose as you, tried every diet going but never managed to stick to it! Hopefully, this is going to be a bit more sustainable. Eager to watch ur progress as ur a couple of weeks ahead of me! Good luck.
    Bunty.

Hello Dietingbaker, Lilly and Bunty. I’ll join you all too. I’m also 49 and wanting to lose around 15 kilos (33 lbs) I hope to improve my triglycerides which are way too high and reduce my future risk of diabetes and if more energy and looking better follows I will be very pleased!
    I also follow metric (I’m in Spain)

My second fast day will be next Tuesday

Start weight 82.3 kilos
    Height 1.68
    Goal 67 kilos

Best of luck to all! 🙂

Measure your vitals and don’t forget upper arms, thighs and calves. Check them once a week when you weigh and try on your clothes then too. There will be times when the scales or tape measure doesn’t move, but your clothes fit better.Just keep going and remember that this a marathon and not a sprint.

Annette (15lb and 25″/65cms less of me)

How nice to hear from you all. It looks like that we will be a nice little support group. I am also a mother of two an 8 year and a 6 year old and over the years I found that I could join in less and less in their games and fun so I know how you feel Bunty. Hi Lillythepink I find ADF a bit challenging but tomorrows keep me going.
    I have also downloaded the app that monitors what I eat on my feast days to make sure I don’t overdo it by trying and tasting my own produce too much which is mainly bread and pastry. As for my fast days I found soy bean miso paste a nice appetite suppressor.
    I never really tried measuring myself before and perhaps I should start especially I store most of my fat around my waist, so thanks annette52.
    Can’t wait now to hear about your progress and how you do.
    DB

Good luck to all of you and a very warm welcome!

I am 49, 170cm, three kids and and started on the 6th of November 2013 with 65 kg. I am now at 56.7kg, which is in my opinion quite an achievement as I did not have to lose too much.

What helped me is to weigh my food and log it in myfitnesspal. This makes tracking calories soo much easier as long as you are honest re the size of your portions, hence the weighing of food!

I also made some fundamental dietary changes, such as no more Coke, no more coffee with sugar…every step towards a healthier diet will help not only to lose weight, but also to maintain it.

Best of luck to all of you
    Stef.

Hi All
    I have been busy last weekend with kids and other things. Third week of ADF stated great. I am now trying to fit some activities into my every day with the weather being so wonderful. So this last three days I went for an hour swim and a walk and tah-dah! I lost more weight. Here is the recent update:
    Start weight 83.9kg
    Previous weight 82.4
    Current weight 81.8kg (loss 600g)
    Total so far 2.1kg
    Goal 55kg

Really exciting. How are you all doing?

Hi All,
    My 3rd fasting day today and beginning of my second week. Scales tell me I’ve lost around 2 kilos but I tell myself this is just water. I don’t want to measure or weigh myself again until I’ve completed two full weeks.

Hope you all have a great week!

Hi
    I just hit the dreaded 50 – am 165 cms and 59 Kgs.

My problem is I have been trying to do this for about a month and have yet to succeed in sticking to 500 cals on a fast day. I just crash at around 4 or 5 pm. I’ve tried drinking instead of eating, waiting a certain amount of time etc beut I just cant seem to reach my goal – any ideas?

willowgreen, you could try starting with 800-calorie “half-fasting” days (or any number of calories you chose) and gradually work your way down to 500 calories. Plan to add a high-protein 200-calorie snack for about 3:30 pm and see if that helps. Then gradually work your way down to 500 calories total.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply.