Will not be fat-mum!

This topic contains 11 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Clare_429 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• Hi all,

I’m Clare, I’m 24 and I have a 5 month old daughter.

I’m not gonna lie and say I’ve only been struggling with my weight since I had my daughter, I’ve been struggling since I can remember! I’ve tried pretty much every diet going with varied success but it’s never stayed off! I was initially sceptical about how I’d cope on the 5:2 as I tend to feel ill on vlcd’s but I thought I’d give it a go.

My first fast was last Friday but I’ve decided on Tuesday and Thursday as my fast days so I’m on my 3rd day so far. Whisper it, but I’m finding it remarkably easy! I’ve chosen to use my 500cals for a small evening meal because I find I can’t stop with snacks and they actually make me hungrier.

I weighed in last Thursday at 12st 3.5lb and today at 12st 2lb. Not a huge loss but it’s going the right direction and I probably have over eaten on normal days – still in the Christmas mood I think!

Hope you don’t mind my ramblings here, I quite like to ‘tell’ someone my thoughts – seems to make it a bit easier.

Today, for example, has been horrendous. I was up at 5am settling a baby who usually sleeps through the night and she’s been pretty unsettled all day – tough going as anyone who’s been through it will know! Popped into town to pick up photos but had a half hour wait spent in the food court! Now, I must confess I popped a few different options into the my fitness pal app, but decided on a diet coke instead. Small victory for me, even if it’s a victory OVER me too!

I look forward to sharing my general musings and complaints 🙂

Hi Clare, 1.5lb is good, the recommended amount is between 1 & 2 lb per week – and we are always told that a slow loss means you are more likely to keep it off.

I’ve been doing this since the beginning of October and have lost 14lb. I put some on over Christmas but have lost it again now so am back on track to carry on from where I left off! I have found it quite easy but changed from splitting the calories into 3 to eating nothing all day and having most of them at dinner time leaving 100 or so for a snack later. I have been doing Mondays and Wednesday because I am at work and it’s easier when you are busy not to think about eating!

I love to read everyone else’s stories and thoughts as I nobody I know is doing this plan so I haven’t any other support. It’s a long time since I was up at night with a baby but I can sympathise with you.

Good luck with the weight loss – it does work.

Good to read your story Clare. My daughter also has a 5 month old and has weight to lose. I’ve been doing this since July and have lost 2 stone. She’s seen my success but I’ve been hesitant to recommend it to her because of having to deal with the baby with all that that entails. Having read your story I might suggest she give it a go.

Welcome Clare – and well done – it is moving in the right direction! I think you’ll find this forum a great support – I definitely have!

I am about the same size as you (at least weight-wise) been on 5:2 since mid-August and had shed 1.5 stone up to Xmas – but gained 3lb back due to overindulging – so I was 12st 4.5lb last Friday. I am hoping tomorrow’s weigh in will show a decent loss as I have added an extra fast day this week. My main motivation was pre-surgery weight loss and I now have only 9 days to go – so this week and next week I am making an extra-special effort.

Good luck continuing to lose – it really works and the fast days get easier and more ‘routine’ as time goes on.

Keep us posted! 🙂

Cath x

Hi linds! Thanks for your reply, it’s nice to know that someone is reading. I’ve chosen my fast days to coincide with the evenings I’m at college to stop me snacking in the house!

Sonunda – I’d definitely say to your daughter! You’ll probably find she’s struggling to find time to eat anyway so she may as well do it on purpose!

Welcome Clare and well done for starting 5.2!

my hat goes out to you doing all this with a small baby, and a loss is a loss no matter how small and it shows its working!!

happy fasting 🙂

Thanks cath, good luck with your surgery x

Hi Angie, thanks for your support, really appreciate it!

I must confess to going slightly over my calories with my dinner tonight – I think my lasagne was around 525cals rather than the 500cals but I’m hoping it won’t make too much difference.

My husband had his first fast day today, left him in the house with a grumpy baby while I’m at college. I’ll be very surprised if he’s stuck to it by the time I get home!

You are very welcome Clare!!

I wouldnt worry too much about the extra 25 cals, i sometimes go over too lol, hope your hubby stuck with it hehe!!
    Its great that he is doing this with you, after taking the plunge and telling mine i was doing 5.2, he thinks its nuts, i tried to explain to him but once pig headed always pig headed grrr but he lets me get on with it so thats ok 🙂

Way to go now!! X

He thought I was crazy to begin with I think but he’s finding it difficult to stick to slimming world which was his original plan, he doesn’t like learning the rules 😀

I guarantee I’ll be asked to bring good home with me but he’ll be told no! I’m hoping babypops went for a nap shortly after I’m left but who knows. I do feel bad leaving her in such a bad mood but this is my first Thursday back at college after Christmas so I really need to be here.

Noticed a huge difference in ease of fasting between Tuesday and today – which is always good. Considering intermittent fasting through the week (mon, wed, fri one week ; tues, thurs) the next) but that may be over ambitious.

Well he managed his fast. As did I 🙂

Up at 5am with the baby (again!) and all I can say is thank goodness it’s Friday so I can relax tonight and hand over baby duties. Not that it ever actually works out like that. I’ll be here tomorrow morning too.

Fell off the wagon somewhat. Fasted ’till dinner on Tuesday when my husband announced he was phoning a pizza. On bogof day. So I had pizza.

Back on again tomorrow! Weighed this morning and it doesn’t seem to have done me much harm but we’ll see in the long run.

Had a good day today. Sirloin steak & baked potato for dinner – fingers crossed this is me back on the right track.

Husband on the other hand had a donut. Hmm.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply.