When is your weigh in day and why?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
When is your weigh in day and why?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  aglowworm 5 years ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Hi guys,
    I’m starting 5:2 tomorrow so here goes!
    I’ve chosen Tues and Thurs to fast as this is what my husband does (he started a couple of weeks ago).
    My question is when is the best day to weigh? I’m going to take a guess at the day after your second fast maybe?
    I could be wrong but I’d like to get an idea on what you all do so I can make a decision xx

I don’t think it really matters as long as time of day is consistent. I was always told that your weight is most accurate when you get up in morning. Generally I weighed myself on Fridays when I was losing weight – first thing in the morning, when possible. I varied my fast days due my schedule.
    I weigh myself most mornings, these days. weight fluctuates +/- 4 lbs over a typical week.

Hiya,
    Sorry for the confusion but I meant more in relation to fasting. I get that if you weigh the same time every week it’s by the by when you do it (agreed morning is best) but what I wanted to know is if most people choose to do it after a first fast, second fast in case therewas a trend I wasn’t aware of x

When I was actively working to lose weight, I weighed every couple of days, but recorded on a Saturday morning. Now I’m maintaining, I weigh every day, keeping myself within a three pounds wriggle room. I do not want to lose any more.

Hi @mrsp2008 I’m also interested in this question. I’m currently in the habit of weighing every day which I know doesn’t suit everyone. I’m on my first week of 5:2 and am interested to see – and hear others’ experiences of – how much weight fluctuates over the week.

So my fast days last week were Tuesday and Thursday. I weighed myself on Friday (day after 2nd fast) and found it no different from Thursday. However, I weighed myself this morning and was down 2lbs.

As I say, it’s only my first week and I’m interested to hear your and other people’s experiences, but it seems that it’s 2 days after fasting that I get some movement on the scales.

I hope this helps. I see you started about 2 weeks ago. How are things going so far?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.