What's your meal plan on fast days?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
What's your meal plan on fast days?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  OZSharon 8 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Just wonderning what’s your meal plan on fast days? what times of the day? how many meals? and when your fast days started to be more easier for you?

Hey I find the fast days quite easy….the first thing is I weigh all food and use a calorie calculator to measure energy content….I miss breakfast totally…I snack around 11am and have either 100g of snow peas 40cal or celery 17cal and a small apple 50 cal…all up that is less then 100 cal…lunch is around 1pm and have 150g broccoli and 100g of chicken that is around 225 cal….dinner I have learned to use low cal things to bulk it up….bean sprouts are great….so a stir fry of 100 gram bean sprouts 20cal, 100 g tomato 18cal , 50g red onion 17 cal, 50g mushrooms 23cal, 50g snow peas 20cal and 100g of diced pork fillet 115 cal …I eat that with lettuce leafs which I put on a plate and stuff them much like a taco about 5 cal…gives extra bulk and texture…all up this is around 220 cal… also I drink coffee no sugar with 30g milk which is 15 cal..have 3 a day so 45 cal there… the trick I find is start eating as late in the day as possible and have dinner as late as possible…some times I have 6-7 hours between lunch and dinner….I have found consecutive fast days best but it does not matter as long as you have 2 a week…I am a 59 year old male who has a BMI of 24 I am fit and only have about 21% body fat but in the last 3 weeks I have lost 3kg…and 8 cm from around my waist…

Water. Nothing but water.

I have nothing but black coffee till lunch at 2.30pm – 300ml soup, a satsuma & a cup of tea. Dinner at 7.30pm – more soup, 65g skinless chicken, a satsuma, another cup of tea. Works for me!

Always the same for me too. 2 coffees with small splash of almond milk, holds me til 1:30 ish.if I feel wobbly I will have a cup of veggie broth between meals. Lunch is Shirataki zero noodles with 2 tbsp of parmesan. Dinner is a cup of habitant pea soup,plus 1 slice of squirreley bread dry toast, 1 apple or orange for dessert and 4-8 almonds before bed. I also have large bottle of mineral water, the fizzy water seems like a bit of a treat on fast days.

I see that several people have broths….that is great but I am not…never have been a soup person…just not the thing to eat in tropical Northern Australia…I find that weighing food gives you a great insight into the volume you eat….I can make a meal with fresh ingredients that is under 250cal but will put 1/2 a kilo or more of bulk in the stomach….it is very filling and I do not feel hungry at all…I also have a spread sheet where I track all meal calories every day..fast and non fast…and have my common food calories per 100g so I can track them easily… even on blow out days I estimate my Total calorie intake…I also have a food diary where I right down my meals how much they weight, ingredients etc on all days….thing is I do all the cooking and the wife is not on 5:2 so I have to make sure she is being fed as well….she eats what I have at night on the fast days and she is always full after dinner…

I wake up and start drinking water and have a brewed coffee and a bit of milk (10cals) About 11.00 depends on what I’m doing I have a glass of homemade Kefir (110 cals) and probably a another cup of coffee with milk (10 cals). For lunch I’ve boiled a 120 gram piece of chicken breast which I eat with sambal olek (3 cals) (103 cals) sometimes the chicken is half size so 60 cals. For dinner I eat a salad – dark green leaves, purple cabbage, 1 chopped carrot, chopped celery stick, 3 slices of homemade beetroot, a piece of capsicum (70 cals) + small piece of steak (50 cals) + fat reduced cheddar (70 cals) total 190 cals. I drink water all day about 2 litres and 2 litr
    es of tea green tea or ginger and lemon grass. I eat the same pattern of food for long periods of time e.g. breakfast, substantial lunch and salad – more than on fast days. I find ful lfat European hard cheese hard to digest so the only yellow cheese I eat is low fat cheddar eating more Fetta, Ricotta, quarg and yogurt dairy products.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply.