Weight loss has stopped

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Weight loss has stopped

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Paula Jayne 10 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Hi,

I know there have been a few threads on this, but they’re old, so I hope it’s ok to start a new one!

I am 51, and I started the Fast Diet at end of February. I am doing it, alongside another diet plan. I need the discipline of a weekly weigh in, to keep me motivated. I have lost 2 and a half stone, but despite still fasting 2 days a week, I am now starting to gain weight. I introduced a 3rd fast day, for 2 weeks, which helped, but I find that hard to maintain.

I do the other diet on non fast days and this diet allows unlimited free and super free foods. I suspect I’m being too greedy on non fast days, as the calculator now shows I should only eat 1700 calories on non fast, as opposed to 2200 at the start. But I find it hard to calorie count on non fast days, as the other diet doesn’t do this and I’ve got used to eating!

I’m looking for helpful hints and tips, to get this last half stone off. I want to be the weight Mimi Spencer was when she started, and she managed a 21 pound loss, so surely I should get 7lbs off!

Thanks in advance

Annie

HI Annie

Firstly a huge congratulations – 2 and a half stone since February is very impressive going.

I think that the closer we are to our goal weight, the slower the progress is likely to be. I am about half a stone (7lbs) off my absolute ideal weight but I’ve got to say that if I stayed the weight I am now I wouldn’t be too disappointed.

Having read Mimi’s column in the Mail on Sunday each week, I do know that she has changed her lifestyle including lots more exercise, very little alcohol etc in a way that I’m just not ready for right now. So, I would ask you, how important is that last half stone to you?

Remembering that you have reversed the gain and got this far is important.

All the best

(another) Annie x

I’m 51 too, and have been fasting since late July. I was 9 stone 9 and have dropped to 8 stone 8. I plateaued for four weeks in late August, but this was due to eating too much (in terms of calories) on the non-fast days. Once I got a grip on that, the weight started to drop again. I simply don’t have the metabolism to eat everything I might want, even though I am very active (walk 8 miles a day minimum and do 3 exercise classes a week too), so I try to keep at or below the TDEE figure that I calculate from this site, then calorie count and restrict my intake of some high calorie/high fat foods. I know some people find that a fag, but it works for me.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.