Weight gain

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Mogs 9 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Have read through some of the posts and feel a bit better ! Been doing 5.2 for 3 weeks. Lost 3 lb first two weeks then gained a pond this week. !! Nothing has been different, in fact have walked the dog more. I guess I just stick with it. Need to loose at least a stone and feel more comfortable in my trousers.

Hi grumpy grandad! I too have gained weight this week and it is very disheartening! Having read lots of other posts though it seems most people have a gain one week out of the first 5 but overall will steadily lose weight. Maybe we should weigh ourselves monthly although I’m not sure I could avoid the scales for that long? Good luck anyway and hopefully it will help to know you’re not the only one x

I think you do have to take the monthly weight rather than the weekly as I think there are fluctuations. Although I can’t resist weighing myself I always weigh myself on the last Thurs of the month and that is what I make a note of so I can see the monthly difference. This way it seems clear how much I have lost that month.

Fluctuations are absolutely normal and there are a gazillion of reasons why you might have “gained” weight!

If I weigh myself on the same day (!) my weight can fluctuate easily by two pounds. It could be water weight, too much sodium, not having gone to the toilet…

I have been on this way of life for over a year and I have reached my goal weight some months ago. I stopped weighing myself daily and just look at the longer trend. I have been on a business trip to Europe for a couple of weeks and when I came home I had two more kilos on the scale. At the beginning I though it might have been water retention from the long flight but after a couple of days I realised…it was the good food in Europe.

Two weeks later, a lot of exercising and watching my intake and I am back at my goal weight. Some might have been water but the rest was gain. Back on the waggon and you start loosing again.

So do not look at the daily fluctuations but the longer trend.

Best of luck
    Stef.

I’ve asked my husband to hide the scales, and intend to weigh myself once every 4 weeks – I’m just starting week 4 of the 5:2 plan so will see if anything has happened at all this weekend.

Not sure what I’ll do if I’ve not lost or if I’ve gained weight. Unfortunately I couldn’t find my tape measure at the start, so I’ve only got measurements from 3 weeks in – won’t be able to see if I’m losing inches for a while yet. I’m much more interested in losing inches than pounds – in my book, your weight only matters if you’ve fallen off a cliff and someone has to haul you back up – how I look and how my clothes fit is of far more interest.

I started 3 weeks ago. Two total fasts per week. No pigging out on non-fast days. I don’t do any exercise at the moment as there is a lot of snow outside. Result: I have gained 1 kilo in weight. Disappointing.

Oh, that’s a sod, Vron. Did you measure yourself at the start, have you noticed any inch loss?

My scales also show body fat percentage, so I’m hoping that even if the weight stays the same the fat percentage might improve.

It’s hard to keep going and keep motivated when you can’t see any results. Maybe if we had our IGF-1 and insulin resistance etc measured at the start, like MM did in the original Horizon program, it might give us more concrete feedback – it’s hard to know what’s going on inside.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply.