Week 1, 2nd Fast day

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Cathyork 10 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Hello
    I started IF on Monday and today was my second day fasting. I’m just home from work am tired, hungry and have a bit of a headache but am in control. Supper is heating in the oven and I’m looking forward to eating it.

In between fasting, I feel more aware of what I’m eating, portion sizes and when I’m hungry and want to eat how quickly that feeling passes if I don’t mindlessly pop food/snacks in my mouth.

I couldn’t resist stepping on the scales this morning and since I weighed myself on Monday morning I’ve lost 5 lbs! I know that will even out over the next 3 days when I’m eating normally but looking forward to my “official” weigh in next Monday.

So far, so good and I’m enjoying being in control again! Good luck everyone.

Hi LouB,

Well done that sounds great!

I also started Monday and have fasted Tuesday and today. I normally travel a lot for work but I have been working from home this week so I think I have probably thought more about being hungry that I would otherwise. But I have stuck to the fast and I am really looking forward to my husband getting home so we can eat (a small) dinner together (and soon!).

Really agree that it makes you far more aware of what you are eating and drinking on non-fast days – I am so hopeful of this working after reading the posts on this site.

Good luck and fingers crossed for the Monday weigh in 🙂

Cath

Hi Cath

Well done to you too! Enjoy your dinner – is your husband doing it too?

Louise 🙂

Hi Louise,

Thank you. I did enjoy my dinner (small amount of pasta with mushroom & tomato sauce and a large salad).

My husband isn’t doing it at the moment. After years of being overweight he recently lost 3 stones whilst I was working abroad for a while (as I think he lived on toast!) Meanwhile I have gained weight and have hip and back issues currently preventing exercise. But I really want to have a ‘normal’ a life as possible so trying to arrange it so that we can still eat together. Although he did add a whole load of chorizo to his pasta last night and had twice the portion size!

Anyway feel quite good this morning that I managed to stick to it. Roll on my first weigh in on Monday. I am travelling on Tuesday and Thursday next week for work – as they are my fast days that will be a challenge!

Cath 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.