Week 1 – 2 fasts completed

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  fast for life 10 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Hi

I’m on week 1..I fasted on Monday & Thursday…I have to say it’s been very interesting. The fasting days haven’t been as bad as I thought they might be. As a professional dieter for almost 15 years..I’ve been used to eating on a schedule..Breakfast/mid-day snack/Lunch/mid-afternoon snack/dinner/dessert. Always eating every 3 hours..because all the literature says you can’t get really hungry or go too long between meals/snacks your metabolism will go down. I noticed on my on-fast days, I wasn’t as famished as I imagined I’d be. It’s a non-fast day and my appetite has been quite. I had a good breakfast..but then..no appetite for atleast 6 hours..which is amazing..I had some light. Just surprised how my is respoding to it. My intense cravings for all things chocolate and sugar are gone..or at the very least..comfortable which is wonderful.

As far as weight..down a couple pounds, I’m assuming water, but I don’t mind, I like that it’s been easy going so far.

Tiffany

well done tiffany on your first week of the plan, im always suprised how long i can wait after my fast day before i feel i want to eat anything, then how long the full feeling lasts, im trying now to listen more to my body and only eat if i feel real hunger, a few days to go and ive been doing this a year, its so easy to fit around every day living and i see myself sticking with it for life now in one form or another, good luck on your journey and keep us posted on your progress xx

Thank you. Wow that’s great so you’ve been handling it for about a year now well done. And yes I agree it is easy to fit into your life. Hopeful for week 2 to go as well!

I am confused….can you add more than 2 days fast if you want to, and on a fast day do you have to stay with the 500 cal…what happens if you have less than the 500 ?

lolli welcome

ur fine

u can have water 4 40 days only like the religious groups

or

0 cals

lower than 500

4/3 5/2 6/1

whatever u wish

just don’t let ur body go in2 starvation mode & tell ur doc ur on this

hi lolli and welcome,
    as wiltldnrUSA says you can fast 2 days a week or 3, some here do the alt day fasting which is eating one day then fasting the next, whatever method you use do the one that suits you best, if you have less than 500 cals its not a problem the cals are there to make the plan easier long term.
    then the 6 1 plan is advised to maintain your goal weight x

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply.