Wedding weight loss…anyone joining me?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Wedding weight loss…anyone joining me?

This topic contains 13 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Missyv2000 8 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

• Hi, I have returned to the 5:2 way of life this week. I lost my way after injury and when buying and renovating our house and spent most days eating takeaway and chocolate bars! I had great success, losing around a stone with what I would say,relative ease but now that stone has returned ?
    I get married in June 2016 so I am back and focussed.

Anyone else here to lose weight and have a wedding coming up and would like to be encouraged and supported and provide support and encouragement?

Emma

Hi Emma,
    Where are all the brides to be?
    Since none seem to be here, I thought I would pop in and send you some good wishes. I’m a grandma, and not about to get married, but I hope you have a great time with 5:2 so that you are healthy and feeling wonderful by the time your wedding date arrives.

Cinque, I didnt get a notification that there had been a reply so I do apologise. It doesn’t look like there are any brides to be here, just me! 🙂
    Thank you for your good wishes 🙂

Wedding end of Feb 2016. I wasn’t planning on trying to lose weight (no willpower and not technically overweight) but my wedding dress zipping up a bit tight forced my hand and this was the only diet I felt I could stick to.

Started on 21st sept at 10st 2 (am 5’4) now 9st 8 and my dress probably fits now but actually I look a bit big for my liking and with a measurement of 36″ around my belly button I’m not exactly healthy. So I’ve decided to try and lose more. Goal weight is 8 1/2 stone eventually and then I’ll go to 6:1 to maintain. No goal weight for the wedding.

I used to be a sports nut, was in the RAF and have been a size 6 most of my adult life. But a fibromyalgia diagnosis changed all that and I’ve been slowly creeping up ever since. Am a size 10/12 with a large belly at the moment, would like to be a size 8 with a reasonable belly ideally!

Hi Emma,
    I’ve just signed up to the site after doing 5:2 for a few months at the start of last year – I didn’t stick it for the rest of the year but kept off what I’d lost so was happy with that.
    I’m getting married at the end of July (only 6 months away, scary how fast it has come around…!) and have my first dress fitting in about 6 weeks, so I’m back in the fast lane as of today. Feeling good so far – just need to stick with it.
    I’d be a big stress eater, so will need to look out for that when I’m planning…

How’s your 5:2’ing going? How are the wedding plans coming along, not long for you now!

Hello…
    I am getting married in October and have just picked up the 5:2 again having had a year long (at least!) break off of it.
    I had great success with this plan before losing over a stone and keeping it off for a long time! I’m gutted that I slipped back into old and bad habits! I’ve also found it really difficult to pick it up again having failed miserably in Jan despite efforts! New month and new attitude 🙂

Somehow a whole stone has crept on since I came off the plan and I’m desperate to get back to my usual happy slimmer self…

I’m dress trying on on Saturday and feel awful that I haven’t lost any weight in the lead up to it so am going to do a 4:3 week this week to kick start things and prey that I can shift a couple of lbs in time for Saturday!

I never joined the forums before but saw your post and wanted to let you know that you’re not the only bride 🙂

I should add that I’m 11st now (and only 5ft3) so definitely feeling plump right now-in fact the heaviest I’ve ever been! My ‘normal’ weight is 10st and my target weight is around 9.7st-I am definitely happiest at that weight (my holiday weight) 🙂

Can I join? I am 5’3″ and about 70kg (start weigh in tomorrow).

My target weight is about 60kg and my wedding is in August – I am worried there is not enough time to make a real difference 🙁

Hello

I am also getting married in June this year. I did the 5:2 diet two years ago and lost 3 and a half stone but after a month in Australia where I wasn’t sticking to it, I just couldn’t get back into it when I came home. Over the past two years I have tried various other diets, usually the one that all the girls in the office are trying that particular week, it changes on a regular basis but none have worked like this one! I have been back on it now for 3 weeks and have lost 6lbs. I find the two days horrendous but I can stick to this so much better than other diets that are 7 days a week.

Although I am getting married in June, my first dress alterations appointment is the first weekend of May so ideally I need to reach my target by then and then remain there! I would like to loose a further 8 lbs so if anyone has any tips of how they do things, how they cope of the 2 days that would be fab!!

Thank you and good luck to everyone!

Harriet91 – easiest way for me to cope with the 2 days is to eat nothing at all until dinner, that way I never really get hungry. Although this plan backfired when I started getting really bad stomach acid 4 weeks before the wedding and had to come off the diet.

I don’t want to get on the scales, but I reckon I’m probably around 9 stone 4 now. Wedding in just under 2 weeks, had my final fitting a few days ago and it’s been taken in a little around the waist – just not as much as I was hoping it would be.

My final aim is to be 8 stone 7 by our honeymoon which will be later in the year and finally lose this stupid 36″ belly! I’m trying a couple of fasting days this week to see how it goes. Stomach is fine today so far…..

I’ve just joined this diet as nothing else seems to work for long and I am pretty bad at moderation (alcohol mainly)!

My wedding is also in June and I need to lose some weight to fit into my dress – I’d say 2 inches around my waist (judging by the dress).

I’m 5ft8 and 81kilos. I’ve always had a massive bum and thighs which I don’t mind so much but I’m cross with the growing middle..!

First day today!!!

Hello all you lovely brides to be!

I’m not getting married until August 2017 but want to go dress shopping in October (this year) and would love to lose as much as possible before then so that I feel comfortable trying dresses on.

At the moment I weigh 14 stone and 13lbs and at 5ft4 that’s rather a lot. I’d like to be 10 stone by the time I get married and maybe 11 by the time I go dress shopping so I’ve got an awful lot of work to do!

On a fast day today and so far, so good!

Teeshabell good luck 🙂 if you can stick to it, it’s an awesome diet. I wish I’d tried to lose the weight earlier. My dress has been taken in now but the seams don’t line up anymore (chiffon over satin) you can see the seams in the satin through the chiffon now. Dressmaker couldn’t have made it any different but had I decided to lose the weight earlier it would never have had to be taken in. Hope you get there and enjoy dress shopping 🙂

Hi ladies
    I’m new to 5:2 today and I’m not getting married myself but I am attending a school friend’s wedding in June 16 and I’ve bought a dress that is slightly snug! It’s my first day fasting ever and I’ve been going about today with a foggy brain and had a few big hunger pangs one right now actually but I’ll be going to bed very soon and I’m sure I’ll get to sleep. I’m 5ft 2 and 11st 3 and the biggest I’ve been since having my second child. I really would like to get down to around the 10 stone mark by June and feel comfortable in that dress! Good luck ladies xx

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply.