URGENT!!! Pantry Make Over!!!!!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
URGENT!!! Pantry Make Over!!!!!

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  foodfreedomgirl 6 years ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• I’ve been participating on these forums for a couple of years and I often see a recurring theme “I was having a great fast day and then I came home and went to the pantry and gorged on X, Y or Z rubbish!” “I hate myself and I just don’t think I can do this!”

I scratch my head and wonder “what was x y & z rubbish doing in the pantry?” Sure in theory you can eat whatever you want on a NFD but is it realistic to expect to not eat it if it is there? Especially because it is usually some kind of addictive junk food!

I’ve been very successful in losing and keeping weight off for 17 years. I’m quite disciplined but I know as sure as God made little green apples that sooner or later I’m going to eat junk if it’s in the house. One of my cornerstone rules is no junk in the house. If I want to eat it I have to go to the store and buy it and on rare occasions I will! LOL

There are a ton of excuses why you can’t have a healthy pantry, like my other half has to have junk or what about my kids? If you have a decent relationship with the OH explain what you want and why. Tell them they can have whatever they want outside the house or they can bring home one serving to enjoy but having bushels of it in the house is sabotaging your health and well being. If they don’t agree maybe it’s time for an upgrade to the OH! LOL As for children, they are children and have no say about junk food. They can eat the healthy food on their plate or not. Both are healthy choices! And yes I went through weaning a spouse and kids off junk food.

I don’t want to be overly harsh or judgemental but this is a very sound basic principle recommended by almost all eating experts.

Give yourself a fighting change to succeed.

So true! My kids (16,16,12) certainly get offered enough junk outside of the house why do I even bring some in? I need to give myself a mental-pantry makeover because I am the supplier.
    This year my goal for them all – which we have talked about multiple times – is for them to eat 2 servings of fruit and 3 of vegetables daily. We have been working as a family to make this goal happen so we are on the right track. But if there were no junk food options in the house how much easier would it be!

Thank you for the wake-up call!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.