UNSWEETENED ALMOND MILK

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Food Top tips
UNSWEETENED ALMOND MILK

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Emmz19 3 weeks, 3 days ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• I love my morning coffee but can’t bear it black. I have a big glug of u/s almond milk with it. I know it’s very low in cals but will it break my fast? I have it about 8.30-9 but carry on fasting until lunchtime/early afternoon most days.

I’m not doing true 5:2 or 800 cals. I’m aiming to eat healthily all the time, no sugar and carbs except for veg and salad but eating good fats. And I fast for anything between 12 and 17 hours every day. This has worked for me in the past but it took me a year to lose a stone with doing exercise 3 times a week 😮

I started 2 weeks ago and lost 4.5 lbs in the first week but only 0.5lb last week 🙁 I struggled and slipped up a couple of times with chocolate and biscuits. I find once I start, I can’t stop.

Wondering if I should let myself have the odd treat on some days and just stick with 5:2. The trouble with me is, I’m all or nothing!! I need the rigidity of the rules and once I deviate, I start cheating all over the place!

Any thoughts?

Thank you 🙂

My comment: Whatever lets you fast is okay. It is better to mostly fast with a small treat than not to fast at all.

—- My coffee strangeness …

Lately I’ve been avoiding pure black coffee except when I’m water fasting. However what I like in my coffee might seem strange. I tend to add a tablespoon of ground flax seed into my coffee. If the flax seed is fresh enough you get they tiny fatty beads in the coffee and the taste is also smoother. I like the texture.

Personally I don’t care much for milk or cream in coffee. It does curb the bitterness a bit, but it doesn’t give me enough of what I like. I’ve also tried melting some chocolate in coffee, but it doesn’t work that well for me. However I’ve slowly become fond of ground flax seed in the coffee.

I used to try to add some ground flax seed to oatmeal, but it just didn’t work for me, and I started adding some to coffee mostly to mask the favor. However it strangely seemed to enhance the favor. I was doing this to get more omega-3 fatty acids in my diet.

I avoid the flax seed while fasting because there are a lot of calories in ground flax seed. A general rule of thumb seems to be if it is under 30 calories total per day, it doesn’t count. I just prefer to keep things as near to zero as possible. A cup of coffee already as a calorie or two in it.

Hi, I use almond milk. On non fast days I use it freely, but on fast days I alternate tea and oat milk with a flavoured green tea. That way I only have two or three glugs of oat milk and allow for 100ml of unsweetened oat milk in my calories. Only been doing it a week but lost 3lb in my first week.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.