UNSWEETENED ALMOND MILK

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Food Top tips
UNSWEETENED ALMOND MILK

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  2MAD 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• I love my morning coffee but can’t bear it black. I have a big glug of u/s almond milk with it. I know it’s very low in cals but will it break my fast? I have it about 8.30-9 but carry on fasting until lunchtime/early afternoon most days.

I’m not doing true 5:2 or 800 cals. I’m aiming to eat healthily all the time, no sugar and carbs except for veg and salad but eating good fats. And I fast for anything between 12 and 17 hours every day. This has worked for me in the past but it took me a year to lose a stone with doing exercise 3 times a week 😮

I started 2 weeks ago and lost 4.5 lbs in the first week but only 0.5lb last week 🙁 I struggled and slipped up a couple of times with chocolate and biscuits. I find once I start, I can’t stop.

Wondering if I should let myself have the odd treat on some days and just stick with 5:2. The trouble with me is, I’m all or nothing!! I need the rigidity of the rules and once I deviate, I start cheating all over the place!

Any thoughts?

Thank you 🙂

My comment: Whatever lets you fast is okay. It is better to mostly fast with a small treat than not to fast at all.

—- My coffee strangeness …

Lately I’ve been avoiding pure black coffee except when I’m water fasting. However what I like in my coffee might seem strange. I tend to add a tablespoon of ground flax seed into my coffee. If the flax seed is fresh enough you get they tiny fatty beads in the coffee and the taste is also smoother. I like the texture.

Personally I don’t care much for milk or cream in coffee. It does curb the bitterness a bit, but it doesn’t give me enough of what I like. I’ve also tried melting some chocolate in coffee, but it doesn’t work that well for me. However I’ve slowly become fond of ground flax seed in the coffee.

I used to try to add some ground flax seed to oatmeal, but it just didn’t work for me, and I started adding some to coffee mostly to mask the favor. However it strangely seemed to enhance the favor. I was doing this to get more omega-3 fatty acids in my diet.

I avoid the flax seed while fasting because there are a lot of calories in ground flax seed. A general rule of thumb seems to be if it is under 30 calories total per day, it doesn’t count. I just prefer to keep things as near to zero as possible. A cup of coffee already as a calorie or two in it.

Hi, I use almond milk. On non fast days I use it freely, but on fast days I alternate tea and oat milk with a flavoured green tea. That way I only have two or three glugs of oat milk and allow for 100ml of unsweetened oat milk in my calories. Only been doing it a week but lost 3lb in my first week.

Hi, some researchs shows that it is OK to drink coffee during fast days. black coffee and flavored coffee are both OK. Just watch the calorie count and avoid sugars.

I just discovered this a few weeks ago.
    I gone on a low carb diet of less than 100gm carbs a day.
    The nutrition facts lable for unsweetened chocolate almond milk.
    Shows only 160 calories per large containers.
    It has
    8g carbohydrate

140% calcium
    24% iron
    16% potassium
    140% vitamin E
    8% phosphorus
    24% magnesium

….
    When I combine these 160 calories
    On fasting day.

I can only eat once per day.
    And very strict with eating twice per day.
    So looking for a combination pairing.
    I found that mixing with 30g protein shake.only 160 calories.

Is 320 calories, and I don’t feel hunger again for 3hours.
    Personally my 2mad meal times are 1pm and then 5pm .
    Careful to eat enough at the 5pm time to not get get hungry until 10 pm.

I found that doing this every fast day was not successful, but was successful with not cheating if I had lot fiber the day before.

So I’m saying this is a very good choice for feast day.

And a great choice for fasting day because it has volume and satisfies my hunger if combined with a protein shake as my first meal.@ 320 calories combined.

When I combine
    1 Large cup of coffee
    1 protein shake
    1 carton of chocolate almond milk.

It’s delicious too.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply.