Tummy Ache

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  atcgirl 8 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• I’ve been doing IF for 3 weeks now and lost 6 pounds! But I’ve noticed that the day after a fast day I get a bad tummy ache when I eat. Anyone else get that, or know why? Thanks 🙂

Hi, Chines990 – It could be for all manner of reasons. I would suggest that you look at your intake on both fasting and non-fasting days and consider factors such as: the timing of your fast day meals; the quantity and type of drinks consumed on fast days; any changes to the type of food/drink consumed on fast days, compared to your usual intake on non-fast days; any change of timing/activity when starting to eat again after a fast day, compared to your previous habits; any tensions or anxieties you may feel about this new regime or, even, any underlying health issues that may have been provoked by it. Perhaps you have introduced some changes that have given your system a bit of a shock? Does the ache feel like trapped wind or more like a muscle spasm, or something else? Hopefully, a bit of detective work will find the culprit and/or things will settle down as your stomach adjusts. I wish you well.

I am only onmmy 2nd fast, but I experience the same thing, just uncomfortable and full feeling just after I eat. going to tyr drinking much more water next time.

I’m on my second week of 5:2, today on a fast day I noticed that after I ate my stomach hurt & I felt a bit sick. Has anyone else had this or may know why? I’d be very grateful for advice

I’m on my 3rd week and also have a really sore stomach on my fast day and a headache to boot. The only thing I did differently was save most of my calories for dinner (400) instead of normally using the 500 throughout the day and having only 200 calories at night. I am wondering if not eating all day and then eating this much at night is too much for my system. How did you space out your 500 calories?

Just been to the doc, severe abdominal pains – she reckons acid from not eating regularly enough (I didn’t even mention I’ve been doing 5:2) she has prescribed some kind of antacid 🙁 been doing this diet since September 2015, first time this has happened. hope it’s not going to be a regular occurrence 🙁

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply.