Travelling to Singapore for work

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Food Eating out
Travelling to Singapore for work

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Ellie Rainbow 9 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Hi there,

I’ve just completed my first two IF days (so far so good) and looking forward to next week to see if this initial week’s success continues.
    The following week however, I’m travelling to Singapore on business for a week and have no idea what I can eat there on my IF days.

Can anyone help me out with suggestions?

Thanks,
    ER

Hi ER,

I’d recommend Pho – Vietnamese noodle/broth soups with lots of veggies (and added chicken or prawns or whatever if you fancy them). There’s so much Asian food – Vietnamese & Thai available and they all do these kind of soups and have great fresh salads too, which are perfect for being filling & tasty but low in calories.

I was there for work for a few weeks a couple of years ago, actually way before I started 5:2, and the reason I had them was because I had a really upset stomach after weeks in India and they were filling but easy on the digestion. Obviously you can add as much chilli as you like – at the time I had very neutral ones!

Hope you find something you enjoy!

Cath x

I would suggest you do the fasting on both flying days? 🙂 Flying is anyway not easy to get access to food as long as you turn down the meal on flight!

Otherwise, go for any kind of clear broth soup, skip the noodle and ask for protein instead. They are always tasty, low calorie and filling. It is so hot there now, I found myself keep drinking water and don’t really eat alot in my last trip to Thailand. So I think it must be the same in Singapore. Have fun!

Great tips, Cathy and Gerry, thanks a million.

ER

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.