Three weeks and no weight loss – help!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Three weeks and no weight loss – help!

This topic contains 14 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  CarlosCont 9 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

• Can someone help me? Anyone else had this? Feel like giving up!

Don’t give up …not everyone loses immediately. Did you take your chest/waist/ hip measurements before you started? Sometimes there is an inch loss but no weight loss. Are staying above your BMR and at or below your TDEE on non fast days? If you haven’t calculated these figures you can do this by going to the ‘how?’ link at the top of the page. Remember you can eat WHAT you want but not HOW MUCH you want.

It really is worth persevering and as others will tell you too, the weight does move eventually. It’s just that everyone is different and this is a very different way of eating to the usual ‘diets’

Good luck and hang on in there

xx

Hi yes I haven’t lost any weight either. I know this is only my first week but I’ve actually put on weight…1 whole kilo.
    It’s hard to stay motivated.

Thanks so much – BMR AND TDEE? What are these?

Hi Vikkirose!

BMR and TDEE are the amount of calories you should be consuming on normal and resting days, there is a tool that will calculate these for you, top of the page, under the “how?” section

good luck!!:-)

oops Sorry Sylvestra, didn’t see you already mentioned the “how?” section, doh!!!

Keep going, but remember you can eat what you like, but not how much you like of anything, because some foods are very calorie dense.

I couldn’t understand how I was ever going to lose weight when I had no idea of what eating normally was…..because I was overweight.But I found that the experience of limiting calories on 2 days a week, had a big impact on my relationship with food. Over the weeks I became more mindful of what I was eating and how much. I became aware of when I was actually hungry and when i was full. I realized that I didn’t like the feeling of being full, so started to stop a little bit sooner.I also learned that I wasn’t going to fall into a sobbing heap when I was fasting. It all just takes time. They say that a habit takes 6 weeks to form. So why not try this for 6 weeks and see what happens?

You may not be losing weight on the scales, but shrinking nevertheless.One month my weight was static, but I lost 7 inches all over.There was someone on this forum who went down 3 dress sizes but initially the scales didn’t move!

Sorry to bore all of those that hear me say time and again, weigh yourself once a week only, measure your bust,waist,hips,thighs and upper arms then and try on your clothes. Sometimes when the scales seem to be broken and the tape measure also doesn’t move, it is clear from your clothes exactly where you are shrinking. I didn’t notice my back fat going, but I did when I tried on some rather unforgiving tops.

A realistic weight loss is just 1 lb a week. This is a new way of life and will take time.It is a marathon not a sprint.

For me a life without sticky toffee pudding is not one I want. I can still have it and I do, but I have less of other lovely things on other days to compensate.It does get easier, especially when you see the rewards of a skirt that is done up but slides down over your hips.

If you want to speed things up then increasing walking is a great way to build muscle and whittle down the waist. More muscle mass burns more calories even when you are sitting down.I have found that swimming is great for toning too.

Thank you so much for your reply and for taking the time to write it. I think I have gone wrong because I haven’t been calorie counting on non fast days – will start this week. What is the dofferenxe between the BMR and the TDEE?! I am confused. Also I drink a lot of caffine (tea) on fast days do you think I should stop?

I will defo measure my waist, bum etc

Go to the menu at the top of the page and look under How?”
    It explains the difference and how to calculate,

vikkirose,
    Glad that you found it useful.I don’t count calories, except for the fast days. I have done it for a week when I hit my first plateau to see if there were any changes that I might want to make, but other than that I don’t count them.

You may well get a cracking headache if you stop the tea. I compromise by having a morning, lunchtime and evening cuppa, but spend the rest of the day on water.

It might be useful to count calories for a week just to see how much you are consuming. You only need to consume a little less than your TDEE for the weight to start moving. If you make drastic cuts, then you will not lose any as the body will cling onto what calories it has.

I think that it is very early days for you.Keep going and see where you are in another couple of weeks.For me the whole attraction of this way of eating was just to count calories on the fast days.

Your choice completely, but why not just count calories on your fast days and then see what difference there is to your measurements and weight in another 3 weeks time and then make a decision?

@vikkirose there is no need to go without your tea on fast days, just make sure you include any milk or sugar as part of your 500 calories. there is no proof that caffeine has an effect on weight loss, I drink loads of black coffee on all days and it hasn’t made any difference. As Annette says you may get a withdrawal headache if you stop. There is absolutely no need to ‘go without’ anything on 5:2 as long as you practise moderation.

As I said in my earlier post, go to the ‘how?’ link at the top of the page there is a BMR/TDEE calculator there and an explanation of why you need to know these.

It may help to track calories on both fast and non fast days so you can get to grips with portion sizes. It is all too easy to underestimate calories or ‘not count’ that sneaky chocolate biscuit.

Good luck

xx

@vikkirose You may only need to count calories on non-fast days for a couple of weeks – just so that you get a better idea of what a normal day’s food is for you (we’re all a little different).

Thank you all so much. Starting again today. Will measure myself and will stick to under my allowance on non fast days. Will give it 4 weeks and see what I can loose.

Final question – does it matter if you do fast days next to each other or spread out?

Hi Vikkirose,
    If you are serious weight loss is simple but it takes time and effort.
    Here is your exercise routine. Do a warm up for 5-10 minutes then do some weight training for half an hour or more. Never do the same exercise two days in a row. Give your muscles time to heal after working them.Then do aerobics for up to an hour.

You can not gain and lose weight at the same time. Or choose one or the other. You take a surplus, the other a deficit.
    Do not worry both the abdominals now if you are trying to gain weight. Progressive overload with high volume (16 sets per body part) to put on muscle with a decent surplus. Once you reach the size you like, then “cut” to lose body fat and muscle show better. Known as a cycle of “more and cut.”

I started 126 pounds at 19 years, so I know exactly how you feel. I was able to put 30 pounds on my first year. But I did the above to do so.
    http://weightlosssure.com/

The weight loss is not only eating less, its eating the right foods at the right time. Eat 4-5 smaller meals daily instead of 3 big meals.Consume more of fresh vegetables and fruits and avoid packaged food.You don’t have to follow a strict diet to reduce your weight , just follow basic steps which a speed up the metabolism and fat burning hormones and reduce weight.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply.