The See-Saw: Fat v Muscle

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Ricky 9 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Although I am happy with my overall weight with a BMI of 24.5, I am not entirely happy with the amount of body fat I have. My aim, therefore, is to reduce my body fat whilst increasing muscle mass; a bit like trying to prevent one end of an unbalanced see-saw suddenly crashing to the ground. I also have a problem with the bad kind of cholesterol. Tomorrow (26th May) is the day I try to try to address this.

To help me with keeping a check on how I am doing, I have created an excel worksheet showing my body fat, muscle and water content percentages. From there it is quite a simple task to create a chart to make it easier to see if things are moving in the right direction and make some adjustments as necessary. I think my non fast days will be crucial in getting this right so I’ve used the calculator on this site which gives me a tdee of 2419 calories on non fast days to maintain my weight for the amount of exercise I do.

I am using weighing scales that gives me the numbers I need for the fat/muscle/water percentages. I appreciate that the scales will not be one hundred percent accurate but they should show me if I’m going in the right direction.

Hopefully, I will get the benefit of fasting to resolve the cholesterol problem but if not, I’ll have to stick with the statins. I will update here with how I get on.

Hey!

There are natural ways to get a good body!

What helped me a lot in order to get more consistent and motivated with my exercises to be fit were plenty blogs and articles, one would be for example http://goo.gl/eRWml3

If it’s not allowed to post links here (I haven’t found anything about these rules) please feel free to remove it.

Thanks again,

Ricky T.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.