the scales aren't moving!

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  vicky75x 8 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• I have been doing the 5:2 diet for 7 weeks, the first 5 weeks were brilliant and I was getting to the point where the fast days were fairly easy as long as I kept myself busy. I have a total of a stone I would like to use and by the end of week 5 the scales were looking good I had lost 5 pounds. For some reason week 6 and week 7 have totally gone out the window. The scales didn’t budge and I have found it difficult to stick to my fasts, I have given in to every temptation and feel so unmotivated:(

I hope to start my fast again properly tomorrow. I was wondering if anyone else had found certain points hard? or the scales weren’t moving for you?
    any tips would be greatly appreciated

Hi, I’m starting week 4 tomorrow and seem to keep losing and gaining the same 3 pounds. I share your frustration as I’m sticking to the 500 calories on fast days. I want to stick with it but getting disheartened.

I do observe this fluctuations on the scale, and try hard not to get distracted/demotivated by that.

I’m sure that, if the weight loss is halted for more than 2-3 weeks, we need to see our food intake, coz, none other than, calorie intake is the reason for this. Either we are miscalculating the calories that we’re taking in or the calories that we’re burning from exercise(if any).

Trying to re-focus on the cal intake should solve this issue. Try to recalculate your TDEE and adjust accordingly.

Today i motivated myself and I fasted and found it very easy which really surprised me. I also did a lot of exercise and felt really good.

I think I was weighing myself too much hence the fluctuations and disappointment and I had the exact same thing, lose 3lbs and over a couple of days it would come back. I think I know I haven’t been eating as well as I could on non fast days which probably doesn’t help.

It’s hard not to get disheartened jillybean and I feel some what more positive today. I guess when you go on any diet/ healthy eating there will be times when I scales don’t move and we don’t get the results we want. I think I’m going to keep going and persevere, I’m also only going to weigh myself once a week. Doing it everyday I really think was a bad idea and contributed to disappointment. I hope you stay motivated and get the results you want.

I am exactly the same, for the past 4 wks ive stayed the same and this week gained! very disappointed with myself x

Hi! I found that doing an alternating day fast for a few weeks (4:3) tends to restart the loss after a plateau. Hope this helps.

Thanks Carla, im going to try this nxt week. im desperate to get this weight off, need to lose 7 stone!!

Vicky…if you go to my profile I documented my entire journey on this diet (which is more of a lifestyle change)_ with pictures before and after. You will find tips in there as well. I am now doing the maintenance 6:1 Program after losing 4 sizes…and many inches and pounds. This is my second year after starting. Eat whatever I want. Fast once a week now and the weight has stayed gone. Labs are great and feel 20 years younger. I am 55. It really really works! Good luck!

Thanks Carla!

Your info is very valuable. I was going to chime in with the same thing. I’ve been pretty much doing 5-2 since early Jan. Now I only had about 10 to 15 lbs to lose so weight comes off slowly. My body seemed to have halted at 7 pounds and somewhere on this forum I read about changing to alternate day fasting and decided to give it a try. It works!

I won’t lie and say it can be tougher with more 500 calorie days but on the upside you can really not feel guilty and eat what you want on the other days. I just don’t think the 2 days a week was enough for me. You need to mix it up and try different things as Carla mentioned.

Good luck! DD

Thanks Carla, you’ve done so well! i will look at ur profile and hopefully i can get some motivation x

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply.