The 2 Day Diet By Harvie

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Stef. 9 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• I am doing my first fast today, and will also be fasting tomorrow. I’m eating slightly more calories than Dr. Mosley recommends, but fasting two consecutive days burns more fat (lower insulin levels), so I’m hoping it all works out.

I’m reading the book The 2 Day Diet Quick & Easy by Dr. Harvie (Dr. Mosley talks about her in his book), and I like the apparent benefits from two consecutive days, as discussed in her book. Also, the thought of getting them out of the way for the week is very appealing.

Also, I’m just going to eat normally (which for me is plant-based), not Harvie’s recommended Mediterannean diet for the rest of the week.

It’s nice that there’s so many variations to the 2 day theme.

Whatever works for you and is sustainable is great. I think the sustainability question is a huge one as if you are dieting too aggressive you might end up with binging at some point.

As I have said numerous times before, I get easily bored with doing the same thing week after week. I am now at goal weight and I have been doing variations of the 5:2 diet over the last 7 months with success.

Some weeks I did ADF, then 4:3, then 5:2, then calorie counting (I use the Myfitnesspal app to log all of my food and I have set my goals to lose a pound a week), then a week “normal” eating and then all over again.

One of the most important improvements I made is to exercise much (!) more. I use a fitbit One fitness tracker plus a multisportswatch with heart rate monitor to calculate my calorie expenditure through exercise. It is fun to “earn” extra calories and to watch my progress on the website where I download my results.

Anyhow, good luck with your approach and let us know how it goes?
    Stef.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.