ten pounds down! but….

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
ten pounds down! but….

This topic contains 16 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Nika 10 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

• this is really the miracle diet for food addicts like myself. for me to be able to lose 10lb in 5 weeks is amazing. However, slightly disappointed that I am not “feeling” any different…I have a good 3 stone to lose so maybe it’s because I have so much to go that I won’t feel or look any different for a while. But I don’t feel any more healthy or energetic and my clothes don’t feel any looser either. I am expecting these things too soon? Ten pounds is quite a lot though isn’t it? needing a little motivation since its 2nd fasting day of the week and I always find this one the hardest!!

Hi Molly69

I also find the 2nd day harder and the day after my 2nd fast I feel really tired. I’m just learning to cope with it though and it does get easier.
    10lbs is a fantastic result and you should be incredibley proud of what you have achieved.
    Give it time and you will start to notice the difference. Are you exercising as well? – This really helps to burn off that fat.
    Good luck!

thanks pinksta – I am walking daily but nothing else as I have a knee problem plus a bad foot too (and probably both weight induced ironically) – so probably not as much exercise as I should. I hope to join a gym once both issues are better. I am having physio at the moment. Do you think that is why my shape isn’t changing 🙁

hi molly.me 2 i also find the second fast day really hard.keep going you will be fine,good luck.x

hi molly.me 2 i also find the second fast day really hard.keep going you will be fine,good luck.xi also have 2 more stone to loose.

thanks ladybird – good luck to you too 🙂 it only occurred to me when you said you have 2 more stone to lose that I have the same (almost) because it WAS 3 before losing 10 lb 🙂 now I feel better haha!!

Molly, superb news. Next time you go to the supermarket just pick up a bag of potatoes and you know how much you have lost!
    I am sure that the change of your body shape would come with time and you should also see other benefits rather sooner than later.
    Best of luck
    Stef.

thanks Stef – I just picked up a 5lb bag of potatoes in my fridge and am astounded that I have lost 2 of them! wow 🙂 thanks that has made me really happy!

Hi molly congrats on the 10lb loss thats a great amount in just 5 weeks,
    i didn’t see much change in my shape to begin with until i’d lost over a stone (14lbs) so i wouldn’t worry to much, it may well be once you hit a plateau then the shape change will happen, i didn’t lose for almost 4 months but dropped 3 dress sizes. xx

Hehe…told you…it is amazing when you pick up a bag of potatoes and can tell yourself that once you were carrying this around on a daily basis. Can you imagine how grateful your knees will be 😉

My mother had to have a knee replacement a couple of years ago and that was not a pleasure trip… she has been an avid skiier all her life and this and her ever so slight weight gain did not help the matter.

So another reason for me to keep my weight under control!
    Stef.
    P.S Second fast day this week is nearly over and jipee!!! I can eat something in a hour.

Wow…when you put it in terms of potatoes…it really hits home. I have lost a 20 pound sack of potatoes that I used to have to lug with me everywhere. No wonder I feel better 🙂

This hit me too just last week when I picked up a 2.5kg bag of potatoes and realised I’d been carrying EIGHT of them around attached to my body……and I still have another four of them to get rid of.

I have lost 17 lbs since April 1st of last year. I still have 20 lbs to go and it blows my mind that I use to carry that much extra crap around inside my body. Great job on your weight loss and hang in there. They say it takes 10 weeks for you to notice a real change, 15 weeks for everyone else!

So you are half way there!

Hey molly! Quick comment re the exercise / weight loss. Exercise is great for toning and strengthening, but it’s only about 15% of weight loss. The other 85% is purely what you put in your body. So don’t worry too much about not being able to exercise at the moment, if you keep up the good food intake you’ll be just fine 🙂

Hi Molly, Well done on the 10lb loss. Don’t be discouraged – your weight loss will continue and your shape will change – it just may be slightly slower without exercise.

I’m not really able to do much real exercise as I am awaiting a hip replacement (in about 5 weeks time!) and like you started with about 3 stone to lose. I am almost at the 1.5 stone mark (started 19th Aug) and apart from about 10 trips to the gym for really gentle cardio and a swim (it was a special trial membership offer a couple of weeks ago) I have done very little over this period – not even much walking, as that is what I am least able to do.

Hang in there – you know it works! 🙂

@cathyork
    “as I am awaiting a hip replacement ”

It occurred to me that most of us in the future will go through some sort of body part replacement.

A brain replacement seems to be the only part that has yet to happen.

I’ll be in line for that one.

Haha hey Cathy, your hip replacement is about as close as my finishing my internship here! Let’s count days together 😉

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply.