TDEE for the Curious (or Why Don't I Lose Weight Faster?)

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Benefits and side effects
TDEE for the Curious (or Why Don't I Lose Weight Faster?)

This topic contains 205 replies, has 61 voices, and was last updated by  MrsP2008 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 201 through 206 (of 206 total)

• Merryme, I just read your post and found it very enlightening! I am trying to do a FastEatFast diet as a startup as I read on the internet. My schedule has been fasting Monday Wednesday and Friday. The other days, including weekends, are NFDs. I did not know that I should do three fast days one week and two fast days the next week, alternating weeks. That is good to know! Thanks! Good luck on your plan! I don’t know where you are but if there is a day left, have a nice day! 🙂

bigbooty, I think your advice was spot on!

Simcoeluv, I am glad you wrote that. This can lead to disordered eating for some people and only come to no good!

Chamolly, I don’t know how old you are but I completely sympathize! 🙁 While you don’t drink very much, I drank a glass of wine each evening. (Boy, I loved that! Great way to wind down at the end of the day!) However, I wasn’t losing any weight either. Where I live there is a lot of publicity about how alcohol interferes with metabolism. When you drink, our bodies move first to burn the alcohol, preventing fat from being used as energy. Whether it is true or not, I took a deep breath and gave up my treat. Lo and behold, I began to lose weight! 🙂 I haven’t had a drop since. On the side, once I get to where I want to be, I will most definitely bring back my evening entertainment! Everyone needs a vice!! How boring otherwise! 🙂

Dykask, I agree with you. People sometimes think of all exercise that same way! From what I have been told, aerobic exercise raises your heart rate causing a calorie burn while you are exercising and for a period of time afterwards but does not change metabolism. On the other hand, if you exercise to build muscle, the more muscle you have, the higher your rate of calorie burn. This is also the reason men lose weight more quickly than women. By nature, they have more muscle to begin with. So sad for us women!! Nevertheless, i still recommend aerobic exercise as it is wonderful for our hearts. I do both and I find the combination powerful!

Really helpful thank you. I should have read this before I uploaded my own post earlier!

Viewing 6 posts - 201 through 206 (of 206 total)

You must be logged in to reply.