TDEE – bit confused…..

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
TDEE – bit confused…..

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ammette 7 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• my TDEE comes to @ 1500 per day but sites say this is to maintain current weight. This would give me @ 10, 500 per week to maintain. If I do two 500 fasts, im still taking @ 9,500 per week. I seem to do ok on 500 but could easily do a 700 day every other day with maybe the remaining days at my TDEE or at 1200? I know this is nt strictly the principal of 5 : 2 but am amazed how well I can feel on 500 and significant reductions on other days -all achieved by less wine n no crisps n nonsense. Any thoughts? Does anyone do one fast on, one fast off?

Hi ammette:

If you do two 500 cal. per day diet days per week, you will be taking in 8,500 cal. because you will be cutting 1000 cal. out of your diet in each of the two days.

Some people do alternate day fasting (ADF). It is just one of many forms of intermittent fasting.

Here are some tips: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/. Among them is a detailed explanation of TDEE.

Good Luck!

thanks simonco – I ma bit overwhelmed with all the data 🙂 and I can add up – but obviously not correctly :):):) xx thanks for your help. I ll check out the SDF too – think that might be the way to go for me. I’m finishing today on 588 but I ll probably be another 80 cals on top – 668? Guilty pleasure at bedtime – I read before I fall asleep n my sugar free polos make me feel naughty and nice as me and the detectives solve a paperback mystery !! ADF at 700 alt days might be best .

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.