Taking the stairs

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  rockyromero 9 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Hello everyone

First time poster. I’ve been on the fast diet for just under 2 weeks. So far so good.

I wanted to set myself a challenge with exercise. I have 13 stairs in my home.

The Empire State Building has 1886 stairs.

I hope to someday make it a goal to go up and down the stairs just over 143 times and complete the Empire State Challenge.

I have a number of rules.

Do not use the banisters as support- however don’t risk falling if dizzy from tiredness!
    What ever number of cycles ( 1cycle = 1 climb and 1 descent) I do I must equal or better it on the next visit.

When I started I could feel the burn after 5 cycles and stopped at 10.
    Today is day 11 and I’m up to 35 cycles.

So after this long intro can I ask is stair climbs and descents an example of HIIT exercise? If so how many times a day and a week should I do it?

Many thanks.

@safewing
    “Do not use the banisters as support- however don’t risk falling if dizzy from tiredness!”

Be safe, grab the banister. I do.

“is stair climbs and descents an example of HIIT exercise?”

It is good exercise. I’ve never thought of stair climbing as a HIIT exercise. I climb continuously for 36 flights without stopping. I rest at the top then run down.

” If so how many times a day and a week should I do it?

There’s no limit. I thought a daily regimen would be interesting. It didn’t last long for me.

Keep us posted on your progress?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.