Struggling to lose weight on the 20/4 diet

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Struggling to lose weight on the 20/4 diet

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  HappyNow 8 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• I’ve been doing the 20/4 diet for 2 weeks now – and I’ve only lost 3 lbs. I’m concerned that I’m not getting enough calories in my 4 hour eating window and my metabolism has stopped and my weight loss has plateaued. I’m definitely not going over my calories. I’m also working out 5 days a week alternating between HIIT and weights.

I’m 6’0 tall and 270 lbs.

I’m probably getting about 1700-2000 calories a day – and I’m finding it hard to eat more than that in my 4 hour eating window without eating carbs.

I typically eat the same thing every day:

– spinach salad w/ grilled chicken and lots of veg (500 calories)
    – 2 cups of chili (500 calories)
    – 3/4 large plate of steamed veggies (150 calories)
    – 1 steak or 1 chicken breast (250 calories)
    – protein shake (300 calories)

Any suggestions…

I should also mention i’m following this plan 7 days a week.

@davidg75 is it an IF diet?
    If it is allowed on your diet you could include cream, butter or cheese to make sauces for your veg and meat, they are mainly high in fat but low in carbs, also you can add some nuts and seeds(in moderation as they contain carbs but high in calories. All within reason i would advice. I hope that helps.

Hi David,

This is a 5:2 diet forum. I don’t know if there is a 20:4 diet forum, but you might be asking the wrong people?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.