Stop watching the news

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Quick 10 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Quick has posted this excellent suggestion for controlling appetite. And I think it’s also an excellent suggestion for general health. I know for me that news, especially some political news, sends me right to the refrigerator or pantry. And I suspect that it’s also raising my blood pressure and generally wrecking havoc with my body. What good is it anyway? I guess I don’t want to be totally ignorant, but I think I need to control my news reading and watching.

Couldn’t agree more……I stopped watching the news for two weeks and I felt so much happier as a person and started reading books more!

@dlroseberry
    “I know for me that news, especially some political news, sends me right to the refrigerator or pantry. ”

More directly, watching food commercials will drive people to the fridge faster.

I always record any tv that I intend to watch & fast forward through all commercials. It’s served me well by doing this.

Hi,

It is so much easier to just read the Headlines on Google News and then I can pick what I want to learn more about. The nice thing about Google News is that it has headlines from many different sources so you can get differing points of view on the same news item.

I started doing it in an effort to be Happier. So not only do I not listen to news, I don’t watch TV about really awful things happening. I also limit my time with people who are negative. It works too, I’m much happier ignoring or not even hearing about all of the bad things that go on around us every day.

Definitely eliminated the excuse that “I may as well eat, because I could be blown apart tomorrow”.

Quick

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.