Starting today (5/20), but for anyone just starting

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Starting today (5/20), but for anyone just starting

This topic contains 427 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by  NorthGeorgia 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 151 through 200 (of 435 total)

• A very good morning from sunny Wellington!

Hope Penguinchick & Graham are keeping cool in England. 32’c is no fun for a country/ city that is not equipped for it.

Alex, hope your Friday fast day went well.

Last fast day on Friday went ok. But ate too much calories during weekend. So a weight gain of 300g. I need to face reality and don’t want to blame on water retention etc anymore.

So I have asked my daughter to design me a lite body building and eating program for NFD. After plateauing for months I need to try something different. I hope I can manage better within a structure eating program.

Found some interesting documentaries for inspiration: Barkley Marathon and Cross Fit world championships. After watching them I found the step class was like a walk in the park. At yesterday step class, I was one of the very few who could complete the highest intensity workout. I was completely out of breath at the end of the class. But so happy that I’m fitter than people years younger than me.

Fasting today and it will go well.

Have a lovely day everyone!

Good Monday All!

Weekends, ah weekends. Not sure what I am going to do with those two days of leisure and good food and drink. It seems the more enjoyable the weekend is, the worse I do calorically. All I can do is start again on Monday. Weigh-in this morning is unimpressive.

Fast day today. I do not expect any issues there.

Exercise. It still eludes me.

Alex

Hey all,

Hope you’re having a good one if fasting today (Al), and don’t worry about the weekend, you’ll get it off soon enough, remember DON’T QUIT!

I must admit during this heat, I’ve been unable to do my HIIT workouts, I have managed a little yoga with my kids in the evenings, but I have done a lot of gardening (mostly cutting back weeds, I’m not remotely green fingered!), so that’s pretty energetic activity, I’m certainly sore like I’ve done a workout! I have managed to drop 1/2lb since my ranting last week, so something good came from my anger/disgust at myself as I had a couple of restrictive days during the weekend. I also have very little food in the house, as the kids are at my sisters for a couple of days with their cousins, so I didn’t go shopping and packed them off with all the naughty food, to share with their cousins!
    It’s a bit cooler in the south today, so if my current headache abates, I will try to do some pilates/yoga later.

Good luck with your body building/eating Phoenix, that would probably be a good thing if it helps you control better and great that your daughter can help too!

I’m on NFD today/tomorrow, then fasting Thursday, but very busy, so might not be able to chat again for a few days, so good luck all for a successful week of FD’s/NFD’s – we’re stronger by helping each other, keep it going, stay strong and don’t quit!

Happy Tuesday to you all xx

No Quitting. Won’t happen.

My fast days are getting easier. I do not sweat them at all. NFD today and I will strive to be responsible. This is my real challenge. Tonight I have a really nice dinner out followed by QUEEN in concert (w/ Adam Lambert as if anyone could hold a candle to Freddie Mercury). So that meal plus the temptation to have a few adult beverages will be todays challenge. And tomorrow I am throwing a pizza party lunch at work.

That said, it took a week but going back to 5:2 after the weeks vacation has brought me back very quickly to the pre-vacation numbers. Glad that didn’t persist longer. So I am back to that resistance point. Hope I can break through, a milestone is just 3 pounds away!

Graham, where are you buddy? We are not quitting on you.

On leave yesterday. Lots of running around thus didn’t check in.

Penguinchick, good on you to persevere with exercises during the heat wave. I think you will experience a loss of a few kgs from water retention when the weather gets cooler.

Alex, I love both the Queen and Adam Lambert! Enjoy the concert.

Graham, hope you are doing well.

NFD went ok yesterday. Researching on lite body building exercises & food intake. A bit worried about the amount of food recommended. I need to reduce it somehow otherwise I may put on weight.

Another NFD today and it should be reasonably easy. Working in an office during weekdays give me good structure to manage calories intake. My problem is always the weekend ….

Checking out the gym downstairs (we are very lucky the building owner provides a gym) today to see how to utilize the equipment at lunch break.

Have a lovely Wednesday everyone!

Wednesday. ugh. Concert was great. Dinner was also delicious. Calorically the day was probably just a bit high, but not too bad considering.

There is nothing worse to starting your day than a terrible cup of coffee. I mean undrinkable. Sitting at my desk without my usual coffee I need a fix and my only option is the soda machine. I just realized that i have not had a diet soda in a long time. I basically drink water, iced tea, or an adult beverage when out to dinner. Looks like I am about to be reacquainted with diet coke.

What are your thoughts on diet soda?

Hi Alex, there are lots of research debating whether diet drinks are ok or bad. I avoid full soda, cordial, fruit juice etc (because of their high calories) but have been drinking diet soda/drink all my life without any known ill effect. I limit to no more than 1 glass a day, usually no more than 5 glasses a week.

I also use natural or artificial sweeteners in my coffee.

One reason (I think) why artificial sweetener is discouraged is because when we taste food (sweet drink), then our bodies don’t receive the expected calories, we will mark
    up insulin (or another chemical). So I consume artificially sweeten drink with food. Or use natural sweeteners as they have some calories.

Yesterday NFD went ok. Didn’t have time to research gym equipment downstairs, due to a longish external meeting.

Fasting today, and will book an one hour massage for later today.

Have a happy Thursday everyone!

Good evening all!

Hope you are doing well, haven’t see Graham for a few days, more guests staying maybe?! Hope you’re well and you’re staying mostly on track?
    The concert sounds awesome Alex, I’m also a fan of both, you lucky thing!

I’ve managed to get an infected cut on my gum, so I am on antibiotics/ can’t eat anything crunchy at all! Had to eat soft food, like rice (risotto) and soft bread etc. It’s messing with my normal intake of veggies, as I can’t eat anything hot/cold (acidic), only room temp and the pain from the infection has meant super-strong painkillers, which have knocked me out!
    Managing to drink some water and tepid coffee, which has helped on my FD today, but it’s been a real struggle to find anything I can bear to eat, without huge pain, so I just had a soft bagel with smoked salmon, which has been plain and boring, but filled me, so I am within my 500 kcal for today and a little to spare, though I’m stuck for what other food I can eat – all I have are veggies/meat/fish and pasta and I’m not eating pasta (it makes my tummy uncomfortable).
    Hopefully, I’ll heal up fast and be able to get back to my veggies over the weekend, it’s been a very odd week for food! I have managed to drink plenty of water, but almost no veg/fruit, just fish/soft chicken and rice mostly!

@alex – Re: carbonated drinks (diet soda) – I don’t drink them myself, for two main reasons – dental protection (!) and I don’t like the taste of artificial sweeteners. I helped wean my husband off diet coke, which took around a year, he was totally addicted and his teeth suffered a lot with many cavities! He also gained weight, as he would always eat something when he had a diet coke, kind of pointless drinking diet soda if you then also eat a pack of Doritos, or something similar!
    So no, I’m very much NOT a fan, I won’t have it in the house and my DH has now switched to water, with the occasional fruit squash. He does sometimes have a diet coke, but only if we’re out at a bar/restaurant and he’s much happier not to be drinking it! He sleeps better too! I only ever drink it flat, when I’ve got an upset tummy lol!
    I also make him up a lovely coffee and put in a flask for him to take to work, so he doesn’t have to drink the stuff they have at the office, maybe you could do that instead? Make your favourite coffee and take it with you?

Happy fasting and Phoenix, hope you had a nice massage?! It’s been a few years since I was in NZ, but I remember going to a lovely spa near Auckland and having a pamper day, such bliss! 🙂

So sorry to hear about your illness Penguinchick. One recipe you may want to try is chicken, vege & brown rice soup. Simmer them for about 45 minutes so everything is soft, then eat them at the temperature that suit you. Hope you will get better soon.

Interested to know diet soda can cause dental problem. May be another option is to use soda machine with plain water fuse with lemon etc. For me I’ve actively reduced diet soda, by drinking water first then see whether I still want the soda. May consider the soda machine option, or just buy plain soda water.

Yesterday fast day went well. The Tuina (Chinese massage) was quite painful. Probably due to higher intensity exercises lately that caused some problems – I’m 53 after all. But I felt very good after that.

NFD today. Hope to investigate gym equipment today.

Have a wonderful Friday everyone!

Happy Friday everyone!

I am bumbling through my week like a yo-yo. Fast days went well, non-fast day on Wednesday was a train-wreck. If they offset themselves I will consider myself lucky. The only upside was that I finally got off my ass and went for a 3.5 mile walk last night in 90 degree heat. It’s a start.

Today is a non-fast day. Looking for the strength to keep things in control because honestly all I am thinking about this morning is lunch and dinner.

Alex

Good on you Alex, for doing a long walk in such heat. I managed to attend both Zumba and step classes over the weekend. But need to do more during the week.

NFDs went ok last few days and got back to normal plateau weight (around 70kg) this morning. Still not organised re lite body building exercise and diets (for NFD) yet.

I found more documentaries on ultra marathon including the one about Courtney Dauwalter. What an amazing young women.

It’s freezing this morning in Wellington/New Zealand with snow falling up and down the country. Have a wonderful Monday everyone!

Happy Monday All,

Hope everyone had a good weekend. Mine was relatively uneventful. Here’s hoping to an easy fast day today!

Alex

Too relaxed on fast day yesterday. Went ok till around 3pm & started eating vege crisps. I must stop buying these treats.

A slight weight loss this morning and I hope to be more discipline today (NFD).

Working late tonight so have time to investigate the gym downstairs today.

Another chilly morning in Wellington/New Zealand. Hope all the ski fields fill up with nice snow.

Have a lovely Tuesday everyone!

Happy Monday/Tuesday all,

Uneventful FD today for me, not been on the scales yet, I’ll wait til morning, but had a bit of a stodgy weekend, bread (fresh/homemade), homemade cookies (I only ate 2 small ones), small bowl of B&J Ice cream… I LOVE ice cream SO MUCH! lol! I wish it were as delicious, but with zero fat… I’d eat it all day, plain vanilla is perfect!
    Sorry – that’s no help to anyone is it?! I’ve no idea if I’ve lost anything, probably stayed the same weight, or gained 😮 I’ll maybe post tomorrow if it’s not awful!

Really easy FD today, had a bowl of soup and 1 small slice homemade wholemeal bread, no butter/margarine. Few coffees and lots of water and haven’t really felt hungry, until this minute as I post that I didn’t feel hungry!
    Well done on the loss Phoenix, it’s always worth mentioning losses, no matter how small, well done 😀
    @al – hope your FD went well/easy? Good work on the walk too, I must get back into activity this week, it’s been hard with the kids off school, we’ve had a lot of stuff to do, none of it involved going outside to go walking! We are on holiday next week though, which will involve climbing hills/mountains and 4-8 hrs of walking/hiking rough terrain… kids included lol!
    Have a great day everyone, hope all is ok Graham? Not seen you for a while!

OMG. Today will serve as the warning sign marking how not to eat after a fast day. My fast yesterday went well. Smooth even, though I was hungry in the evening I did not give in to any temptation. I awoke hungry.

Then I ate poorly. I had a cookie with my coffee on my way to work. A big sugary cookie and I sweetened my coffee a bit too. Then I went to an early lunch hungry and ate grilled sausages, heavy sides, and lots of sweets for dessert.

And boy am I sick. You simply cannot settle your body into a good 5:2 regime and assault it in this manner. Not sure if it was the sugar, the fat, or what, but I hope I do not forget how I am feeling right now. Weight be damned, this sucks at any size.

So gluttony 1, Alex 0. Maybe ill skip dinner.

Alex

My NFD didn’t go well yesterday too. Should have sub 2 muffins and a chocolate cake for fruits but didn’t. The plan to visit gym didn’t happen because of too much office work – didn’t even leave the office at lunch time.

So today (NFD) I will eat fruits instead of muffins/cake. Also have decided to access work gym in the morning, rather than during the day (otherwise I get too busy and will not do it) – starting tomorrow. This will force me to confirm a work out program tonight.

A lovely sunny day in Wellington, and hope you all have a great day too!

Success! Just completed a planned workout at the gym downstairs of my office. I’ve been trying to do this at lunch time with no luck. So I thought I will try it first thing in the morning (I’m at work before 7am anyway). I plan to do this every morning during week days.

Fasting today and I feel very positive.

Warmish and sunny day today in Wellington. Hope you all have an enjoyably day.

Way to go Pheonix! Good on you. Maybe you will get into my head to try morning workouts. I do have a gym at work.

My horrible eating myself into sickness day ended on a slightly better note. I did have dinner, albeit a reasonable one. Interesting NFD today. My healthy light salad lunch also did not sit well. Maybe I just have a stomach bug. I am staying off the scale this week so who knows what impact this is all having on the overall plan.

Tomorrow is a fast day and I am also hoping that will reset and settle me down. New challenge is hydration as I will spend this weekend in the rocky mountains at altitude and am being urged to come well-hydrated. Not going to fast Monday next week so I will have to figure that out as well.

Glad to have you gals still with me. I’m a bit worried about Graham. Hope he chimes back in.

Hey all!

Well done Phoenix! Good work there, you go girl! 😉 Alex, hope you feel better soon, it’s horrid to feel bloaty/sick and icky at any point, wishing you well and hope your FD helps a little. I had a bit of a bad tummy last week with the antibiotics/painkillers and my FD helped to settle that down quite well, though I did drink a lot of water, which also helped.
    I’m worried about Graham as well, but I think he mentioned it’s really busy for him with guests, so perhaps that’s why he’s not posted? If you are having lots of fun Graham, go for it! If you’re lurking and needing a boost, we’re here for you!
    That said – I’m off on hols for a week, I’m having to juggle my FD’s about a bit, as we’re climbing a mountain 😮 That’ll be interesting! I’m sure your Rockies are wonderful Al, but I’m not a fan of heights, so I’m a bit nervous lol!
    I didn’t lose anything this week after my weigh in, but not gained either… I’m going to have a chilled week and enjoy my holiday/family, then get back to the hard work when I’m back. I won’t have access to any pc/electronics, as we’re not taking anything with us, so I won’t be able to post.
    Have a good week and hope you all stay well, happy, hydrated and focused! Sending good thoughts for you all, see you when I return! xx

I admire your discipline Penguinchick! When I was not feeling well I would not fast for that day, and you persevere through your illness! All the best with your mountain climbing.

Alex, I’ve been procrastinating for a long term before committing to the work gym. When I tried and failed to go there during the day for weeks, I decided to try it first thing in the morning. I’m an early stater so this fits into my schedule well. Second morning to gym today.

Graham, hope you are well. We are thinking of you.

My fast day yesterday was less disciplined. Maybe because I went to the gym I’ve unconsciously allowed myself more calories. Need to work on this.

NFD and Friday today, YA! Have a fantastic day everyone!

Did zumba and step at weekends, and did a lower body work out this morning at work gym. I’m now struggling walking up and down the stairs. I was a bit sore over the weekend too. Good to find the muscles are working.

No change in Weigh in last 7 days. I’m ok with that. I was not disciplined eating wise last week. The plans to do more exercises distracted me so will need to re-focus.

Have a wonderful Monday everyone!

Had breakfast in town with husband this morning, so no gym session.

Whole day meeting today. Our EA has ordered healthy lunch for us (also a charity thing that it donates one lunch to school for each order). Unfortunately tonight will stuck in front of PC to complete accounts for a new charity I have decided to help out.

Will hit the gym tomorrow for a longer session.

A sunny day today in Wellington. Hope you all enjoy today too.

Hey gals, I’m back!

What an amazing weekend in the mountains. Had a great time catching up with an old friend and his family, then the two of us went up into the Rockies to fly-fish and hike and hang out. We were pretty active the whole time which seemed to offset the very nice meals we worked in. More amazing is that I lost 2 pounds.

So my Tuesday weigh-in was 184 and this after a long weekend and missed fast day last week. 12 pounds gone since May 20, which is behind the pace I wanted, but still not a bad place to be. This has been my floor. I cannot seem to consistently get below this weight. I have seen 182 but that was after a fast day and I know I was dehydrated, so it was nice to see but I know it wasn’t real.

I am taking this as an opportunity to break through. I am actually looking forward to fasting today. I am hungry and it took everything I had to skip the BBQ being hosted on campus for lunch, but I did it. If you are starting at your floor, it has to be the start of a breakthrough, right?

Given the weekend was super-active, I also feel like I may be on the cusp of restarting regular exercise. I have another long Fri-Tues weekend coming this weekend that should also allow me to up my activity… so maybe, just maybe I can do it AND navigate through another busted week. I am probably only looking at one fast day next week.

Just because I go quiet, you gals should know that I read all of your posts even when I am offline. They come to my phone by email and are great reminders to keep it going. Thank you!

Alex

Well done Alex for your weight loss when you were on holiday. My family trip to the Cooks Island is at end of Aug. I hope my weight will not increase during that time.

Completed another workout at the work gym this morning. And I plan to continue this every week/working day.

My weight has plateau for months now, thus decided to increase the exercise level. So far my weight has not gone down, and sometimes up a little (it may be due to the increased exercise). I’ll continue my current regime: body workouts 4-5 times a week, zumba & step classes at weekend, try to control the calories intake plus 2 days fasting. Then assess it after the holiday to see what else need to change.

NFD today and preparing mentally for fasting tomorrow.

Have a great day everyone.

Way to go Pheonix! There is no way that upping your exercise is a bad thing. I too will often gain a few pounds when starting back, but then when it starts to creep down, it does so pretty consistently. Remember that muscle weighs more than fat, so my guess is that you are toning, even if you do not feel or see it.

I gutted out a good fast day and indeed weighed in at that mystical 182lb mark this morning. Its a mirage, but its nice to see anyway. Will try to keep it healthy today.

Penguin, I wish you a great vacation.

Alex

I hope so too, Alex, that I gained muscles due to the increased exercise. Early days yet, I’m still familiarizing with the workout routines. What I try to do it’s to make each session more challenging than the last one. Otherwise it can get quite boring after a while.

Fasting today and it should go reasonably well.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Hit the gym this morning again, despite the body was quite sore all over. I felt good afterwards though, as always.

Fasting went reasonably ok yesterday despite I’ve eaten more like 800c.

NFD today and today is Friday – Hooray!

Have a lovely day everyone!

Busy busy busy. Work is kicking my butt this week. Had a fast day fail yesterday where I definitely exceeded my caloric allotment, but apparently not by much, still lost another pound. This morning I was locked in a 3-hour conference with donuts. You can guess how that went.

I start another long vacation weekend tonight. Back Wednesday. Goal will be to maintain weight by offsetting what I know will be a lot eating out with a lot of exercise. Wish me luck.

Keep at it guys. While progress has been slow, it has been there!

Alex

Didn’t do zumba or step last weekend due to busy schedule. Accompanied daughter to watch a body building competition. All the competitors look so amazing – they must have worked very hard to tone their bodies.

I’ve decided to relax last weekend – husband went to a ski trip. Resulted in my weigh in this morning remains unchanged. I’m not worried. Will re-adjust after the one week holiday in the Cooks Island this coming Saturday.

Did upper body workout this morning in work gym, and ready for the fasting today.

Super cold this morning in Wellington (-2’c), and it will be sunny and beautiful. Thinking of you all and hope you have a lovely day.

Hey all!

Back from holiday, it was just lovely! Did so much walking/hiking and climbed a mountain for the first time too, went to the beach and ate out every night (I know! Madness!)…
    No weight gained, which quite frankly, I’m amazed at!
    I guess it was all the activity that kept the balance, but I didn’t fast once, I ate the odd pudding (two in total) and just enjoyed my hols, without thinking once about watching my food. There wasn’t really the option for cooking for ourselves, as we were out all day every day until late, so I did compromise and made sandwiches for our hikes and a picnic lunch for our beach day, but even so, the bread I ate! 😮

Anyway, I’ve had a quick skim through the posts since I went away and you are both doing so well! Good work to both of you! I’m back on a FD day today, I’ve had a tiny snack for brunch and planning a very low cal soup for dinner, so if I can keep it under 500, I’ll be happy!
    No news from Graham still I see? :/ Hope you’re ok Graham if you’re at least reading now and then?

I’m doing a catch up day with laundry etc before going back to work tomorrow, so I will pop back later in the week!
    Happy Monday guys, I’m so proud of you both, you’re doing great & it’s fab to come back and be inspired again, thank you! 😉

Warmer this morning at 9’c and completed a whole body workout this morning.

Yesterday fast day went ok. Probably consumed closer to 800c.

Husband wanted to try Keto diet, so will do some research about meal plan for him. I won’t join him however, 5:2 is working for me and I may use body building diet to guide my meal pan.

NFD today and it should go well.

Arrgh, my post has vanished! I did a post today to say hi and how is everyone and it’s gone! lol
    Here again very briefly:

Hope you’re all doing good, I am back and just did a FD for the first time in more than a week, not too bad, but might have gone slightly over! No weight gain from holiday (Yay!) and had a fab time, very chilled and had loads of exercise with the walking/hiking and climbing, tiring but so much fun 😀

I’ll check back later this week, as I have lots to catch up with.
    Happy week to all and ‘wave’ to Graham if you’re lurking, hope all is ok with you!
    Well done Al and Phoenix on your respective achievements – weight lost/exercise! Good going both of you! 😉

Welcome back Penguinchick. It was odd your Monday’s post only shows up today.

Glad to know your trip went well. Sounds like you have conquered the fear of height.

Completed the lower body workout this morning. The gym workout is getting easier and quicker, now I have done the routines a few times. I get to the gym at around 7am, and back to the office at 8am. Still have time for coffee and do a post before starting work.

Planning/packing (I’m very bad in packing) for the week long trip to the Cooks Island this Saturday. It’s about 3-4 hours flight from Auckland, and Auckland is about one hour flight from Wellington. We look forward to the warmer weather (around 24-26’c maximum).

NFD today and hope you all have a lovely day!

Hey Guys,

I am back from a long weekend and so happy to see your posts. Amazing job on vacation, Penguin. And Pheonix, it seems you are in a good place hitting the gym. I am going to have to up my game… and so I shall.

Spent a lovely 4 days in Florida visiting family. No fast days and probably ate a little more than I should. Came back weighing up 3 pounds, but let’s see what a fast day or two does to that. More importantly, I worked out twice! A good weight-lifting session on Monday and a spirited 45 minutes of cardio on Tuesday. I am pretty sore today, tired from delayed travel, and also fasting, so no workout today. My goal will be to hit the weights again tomorrow.

I am entering into my busiest time of year. Starting today, until about mid-October work goes crazy. I am not going to let that disrupt me from the 5:2, but it certainly will make things more challenging.

For now, it’s just about today.

Alex

Welcome back Alex! Great effort to exercise when the weather is warm.

We turned the fan on in the work gym this morning and the temperature was 10’c outside. Can’t imagine how hot the gym will be during summer.

The soreness means our muscles are working hard – a good thing! This is what I tell myself anyway.

Fasting today – last one before going away for holiday.

Have a wonderful Thursday everyone!

Just completed a lower body workout, my least favorite, half an hour hour ago & I’m still sweating. Cannot imagine how hot it will get when summer arrives.

Supposed to fast yesterday but it didn’t happen. The increased exercise has resulted in higher consumption of food, which I need to combat. NFD today and will try to rein in.

Going away for a week from tomorrow, so no post from me during this time. Hope you guys continue to post and I’ll report on Monday 2 Sep about my trip and 5:2.

Have a lovely week everyone!

Hi all,

Hope you have a lovely holiday Phoenix, I’ve never been to the Cook Islands, but have heard great things about the beauty of them! Enjoy! Good work on the workouts too, you’re doing great! I must get back into workouts, I’ve been a slacker!
    FD for me today, just about to go to bed and I’m feeling the hunger… I can eat tomorrow! I’ll try and be good! I’m well under 500 calories atm, by about 70/80, so I will have a small glass of warm milk before I sleep, anything small to stop the rumbles, I’ve been really good today, so don’t want to spoil it.
    Welcome back Alex too and again, well done on the cardio/workouts, it all helps, even if you think it’s not enough, it’s better than nothing at all 🙂

I’ve got a morning hike planned with the kids, so I’m going to be up early and do around 7 miles with them – they walk around 5 miles every weekend anyway, so a couple more won’t harm them and it’ll do us all good (me especially!).
    Have a great week/end, I’m pretty busy and it’s a public holiday here on Monday, so I may have to switch my FD’s next week, as we’re going to a family birthday party!

Night all and hope you’re doing well too Graham!

Hey guys,

Tough week back at work and the beginning of a long stretch of hard weeks. My fast day went fine, yesterdays NFD calories were probably ok, but my food selection was not its best self.

I coming to think that the most helpful thing to assist me in my 5:2 plan now would be a regimen for NFDs. I have a rock-solid one for fast days, but when my NFDs get crazy, perhaps my best defense would be to have a similar plan. Thankfully next week this should get easier because my generous options of food choices return. At least at that point if I can steer away from bad choices, there are always salad and simple protein options.

Exercise, you are a tricky bitch. But I will tame you yet.

Monday Monday, da da da da daaa.

So only one fast day last week and two long weekends of heavy eating. One should not be surprised to see a few pounds creep back on. That’s on me.

Fast day today and a busy work schedule for as far as the eye can see. Just do the plan. This is all I can cling to. I expect a difficult fast day. I am already hungry. I expect a difficult fast week, but what else can I do? In fact, my birthday is this week and it may wind up being a fast day. How about that! If I can do three fast days this week, I am going to do that because I want to get back to where I was.

I am fighting the floor. Just when I seem to be able to maintain at the new lower weight, and maybe even break through it, I get thrown off. My body seems to want to be at a number that I know to be higher than what it should.

Do the 5:2. Its what I can do.

Hey all,

I think Phoenix is away atm, if you’re reading this, have a fab holiday and hope you manage to stay reasonably good with the food 😀
    @al I feel your pain today, I too am fasting and was hungry from the moment I woke, which isn’t like me at all! I’ve stuck to black coffee so far, but my tummy is rumbling constantly. I do 500 kc on my FD’s, so what I might do is have half my soup a little earlier, then have some 0% fat greek yogurt, as that’s a good filler for me, stops me feeling hungry for a short time. Maybe you could try it and see if that works for you?

Hope you have a better afternoon, lots of water! It’s SO hot here right now, I think in the shade, it’s 28/29 degrees, my car says 33, but it’s been sat in the sun /yuk! lol

Have to go out in a few, in the car – that’s going to be fun! 😮

Have a good rest of the day Al and hope you cope with the hunger, I’m mirroring you on the other side of the pond! We can do it together 😀

Happy Monday and let’s hope our efforts pay off tomorrow on weigh in day! Whatever you fancy now, you can eat tomorrow… Keep the faith!

Hey Penguin, Looks like its just you and me for a stretch.

Made it to Weds, which is my second fast day this week. Got through the Monday FD ok. Ate too much on Tuesday’s NFD, so I am back fasting today. If I must, I am going to add another FD on Friday until I feel I am going to stable myself out.

At least my weight isn’t completely going all wonky during this vacation, bad scheduling thing. The scale added 4 pounds during the worst of it, but three came off very quickly. While I am fluctuation, the top end of the range remains 10-11 pounds lower from where I started and I am still only a few pounds away from my low. So I am going to get back on track and break through.

Results or not, I am three months into this and really feel like I can continue on the plan. Staying positive, also a new thing for me.

Hey Al,

Well done on the balancing act – I feel you there! I seem to have yo-yo’d this week, also gaining 4lbs, then losing the same by Tuesday’s weigh in!
    I’m also fasting today after a really naughty day yesterday, I actually ate a snickers bar, which I haven’t done in over a year! I blame my kids, they made me get a 3 for 1 offer on chocolate lol! Still, I’m doing a hardcore fast today, just had black coffee and water so far and planning on a maximum of 350 kc with my soup today, though I’m leaving room for a little 0% yogurt, which is 54 kc per 100g and full of protein/calcium, which I need for my ageing bones!
    I’ve been a bit low today too, mood wise, so trying to also stay positive 🙂

Good luck today, I’m supporting you here and take comfort in knowing I’m not alone!

Hi all, I’m back from Rarotonga. Got home at 11pm last night.

My weight seems to remain the same – thank goodness. I mainly lazed around or working on a lap top – work and helping daughter’s accounting assignment. The most active exercise was a few snorkels in the beautiful lagoon. Food wise it was ok. I didn’t over eat – got others to help out if lunch/dinner portions are too big. But I didn’t eat as much fruit and vege (due to lack of supply) as planned.

We suffered from severe sleep deprivation due to many roosters crowing throughout the night within one meter of the cottage (a holiday home among the locals) we stayed. Also there were wondering dogs barking throughout the night too. Fortunately we found resorts for our daughter and her boy friend to stay for the last 4 nights, and they at least got some sleep.

The weather was beautiful at 22-26’c, lovely lagoon and beaches, very nice people and the cottage is very well equipped and within 50 meters to a lovely beach. If I go back again I’ll ensure staying at a place with much less noise.

So here I am at work, with a brain that only 50% functioning. The auditors are here so need to be at work today.

Well done Penguinchick on your hard fast and exercise. Happy belated birthday Alex and well done on your exercise too.

Not fasting today but will start getting into the routine tomorrow.

Have a lovely Monday everyone!

Welcome back Phoenix!
    Glad you had a nice time, shame about the noise :/ Hope you get through today ok and you can look forward to a very good sleep in your own bed tonight! Good work on maintaining over the holiday, it’s very easy to gain weight on holiday, so I think we’ve all done pretty well through this summer period! High fives all round!

I’m fasting today, did a quick weight check this morning and I’m the same as last week, so hopefully, with a good fast today, I might lose the tiniest bit by tomorrows weight check! I know I need to up the exercise again, it’s just been so busy with being away so much/kids/birthdays/parties etc, so I’ll get back on top of things once the kids are back at school (3 days to go!!).
    Happy fasting for anyone else fasting today – oh and not sure if you guys feel it too now, but I’m finding that I go into auto pilot on FD’s and despite any hunger, I manage to stick to not being sidelined at all? This must be a good thing, as my body is totally ‘Pavlov’d up’ and doesn’t expect food on Mondays or Thursdays now! Hurrah! 😉

Hey Guys, glad to have you both back! I am puttering along here. My non-fast days have gone completely crazy. Too much of the wrong stuff. I feel gross after a weekend of overeating.

So fast day today AND special attention to my non-fast day choices. That’s what’s killing me. I need to ignore the scale because I know what that news is going to be and get my calorie count and quality on track.

Monday is a fast day… the easier of days apparently.

Alex

Good morning everyone! I’m feeling like a human today thanks to a good night sleep – you are spot on Penguinchick. Plan to go back to the routine and already done upper body workout this morning at the work gym.

Yesterday was supposed to be the fast day but I took it easy. Probably overate dinner.

NFD today and will try to eat more fruits. May be only eat fruits tomorrow during the day. I found the morning exercise has increased my appetite, so will need to try managing it by eating fruits instead of carbs.

Alex & Penguinchick, you are both doing so well and please don’t be discouraged by the plateau & the occasional hiccups. We will achieve our weight goals eventually.

A beautiful sunny spring day in Wellington today. Hope you all have an enjoyable day.

Hey guys. So I am into NFD. Made good choices for small protein breakfast and a reasonable lunch. And now an hour after lunch i am carb-craving. Already ate 2 mini chocolates. Grrr.

Alex

Alex, 2 mini chocolate bars is a better choice than 2 full size ones. I found my craving for bad carb food increases after the gym work outs and am trying eating fruits instead of cake/pastry etc.

Completed a lower body workout, my least favorite, this morning. Plan for a lower calories NFD today in preparation for a good fast day tomorrow.

My husband has been skipping breakfast and is only 4 kg away from his goal weight, and I have 6 kg to go. I need to be strict on fasting so I can reach my goal first.

Hey guys,

Glad you had a fab sleep Phoenix, it’s always such a healer for the mind and the body! Well done on the workout too, go you! 😉
    If you could add some protein instead of fruit after your hunger hits, like chicken breast or a couple of eggs, that would also reduce massively the sugar intake – which turns to fat, whereas the protein would be to build muscle and is also much more filling short term… just a small suggestion, if it’s at all helpful? Another brilliant source of low fat, high protein is a 0% fat greek yogurt, which I find really filling, you could add a handful of berries (blue or red) to sate the need for sugar perhaps? Hope that’s a little helpful, I don’t mean to suggest you shouldn’t eat any fruit! 😀

As for my FD/weigh in – NO movement again, despite a seriously severe FD and then yesterday I went and climbed another huge hill near Wales, well two hills… almost 2 hours of climbing/hiking, less than 1k cals yesterday after my hard FD and still nothing off… I know it can ebb and flow, but really?! 😮
    My husband has done supremely well, he’s now doing hardcore weight training and has banished all bread/carbs for 4 weeks, while he builds muscle, so I’m going to ditch the carbs too, that might be where my weight isn’t budging, I’m going to try adding more protein as a filler, as I’m doing more Pilates/weights (we have a full set of weights at home now), then I’ll add my walking back in each day after the kids are back in school tomorrow.
    It does get a bit disheartening when you stick to the routine and nothing moves for more than a month, I sympathise Al, some of my holiday NFD’s have been less than good, but I’ve been good on my FD’s: I’m clearly not a body that can cheat, ever!

Go Phoenix, I’m cheering you on for those last 6 kgs! 😉 Well done you!

Have a great day everyone, I’m off to do some Pilates!

Hi Everyone I am new 🙂 I started about two weeks ago and have lost 10 lbs. I found what works for me is cutting out sugar and gluten. I am vegetarian. I eat healthy fats, nuts, beans, lentils, eggs, veggies and some fruit like berries.I eat very little carbs.

I love Shiitake noodles! They are made out of mushrooms. They taste like rice noodles but don’t spoke your blood sugar. I have no sugar cravings anymore. I need to adjust the amount of food I make. My stomach can no longer eat regualr size portions.

I also take psyllium husk and ACV. They have also helped prevent blood sugar spike and help you feel fuller for longer and of course keep you regular.

Viewing 50 posts - 151 through 200 (of 435 total)

You must be logged in to reply.