Starting today (5/20), but for anyone just starting

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Starting today (5/20), but for anyone just starting

This topic contains 215 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Penguinchick 9 hours, 50 minutes ago.

Viewing 16 posts - 201 through 216 (of 216 total)

• Thanks Penguinchick for your advice. You are right about I need to increase protein rather than fruits. I ate more fruits yesterday and has resulted in weight increase. I will have eggs or chicken breasts instead. I will look for the zero fat Greek yogurt too.

I think you are building muscles at the moment, thus not loosing weight. It means you should go for the measurements, not the weight?

Welcome Lisa! I admire your effort – a vegetarian & cut out gluten. Interesting to learn about Shiitake noodles – not sure we can find them in New Zealand.

Have completed a full body workout in the gym this morning. Also discovered the scale at the gym shows that I’m at least 1.5kg lighter than the scale at home. Will only use the gym scale from now.

Fast day today and have a fantastic day everyone.

Hi PhoenixW. Actually, I got the Shiitake noodles form Amazon. I would suggest getting fullfat greek yogurt as it will keep you fuller longer with the high fat content. As we know sugar makes us fat not fat 🙂

I agree too much fruit can add lots of sugar depending of the fruit of course. I now only eat low sugar fruit like berries, pears or apples. I read if you have fruit it is better to eat it with a meal or with a fat like cream or cheese.

I have been gluten free off and on over the years. I find I just feel better taking it out of my diet.

Hey all and welcome Lisa 😉

FD for me today and I’m currently making a bone broth (sorry Lisa!) with veggies/herbs, garlic and turmeric, helps to ward off autumn colds! Smells amazing, let’s hope it tastes as good! So much cooler today, autumn is close!

Had zero calories today so far, did a workout first thing and walked my kids to school too, so feeling virtuous!
    I think you could be spot on Phoenix about the muscle, as there’s no way I’ve not ‘lost’ some fat, my clothes are a bit looser and I am doing so much hiking/climbing lately, that I must be burning fat. I haven’t done any measuring yet, so I’ll do that today and again next week, to see if there’s a difference (crosses fingers!).

I’ve got my broth for later, plus a veggie soup ready for my main meal, which I have around 6 pm or so. My last food was a snack of yogurt at 11.30 pm last night, so I woke quite hungry, but it faded after my exercise/water and black coffee and I’ve managed not to feel hungry all day so far, but I have been very busy and active, so that helps too.

I can’t do full fat yogurt, as I really hate the taste of the fat, plus the added calories interfere with my balances – even if the fat is good fat, but we each do what works for us. We don’t eat much bread either, though it’s one of the things I love so much, no pasta, except for the kids, but as none of us have a medical need for gluten free we have whole wheat when we do eat it. I can’t do white bread though, as it bloats me, but brown/wholefood is fine (toast is my weak point, LOVE it!).

@al – how are you doing these last few days?
    @graham – Where are you? Hope all is ok with you, we’re still here and totally in your corner if you’re reading these 😉

Anyway, have a great day all and good luck for anyone else fasting today! 🙂

Hi all,

Have a frantic morning at work already thus check in later than usual.

Yesterday FD went very well – thank to a very busy work day. Completed an upper body workout this morning, and planning for a good NFD today. Again another frantic day so it should reduce food consumption. However work drinks this afternoon.

We are doing a Hangi (traditional Maori cooking food in the ground) tomorrow to celebrate my sort of son-in-law’s birthday. My job is to cook a vege curry and turmeric rice for the vegetarians. Hope I don’t overeat tomorrow.

Have a great Friday and weekend everyone!

Super fast log in from work… 2 lbs off! Hurrah! Have a great day all and a fab weekend if I don’t manage to log on for a couple xx

Hooray Penguinchick! You have broken the plateau.

My weekend eating was not good. Despite a party Saturday was ok. But spending too much time in front of PC (finishing off 2 sets of accounts) on Sunday resulted in munching too much bad food. However still managed to loose about 400g from last week.

I must be strong to stick to 5:2. I have 6.5kg to loose to reach my goal weight; and my husband only need to loose 3kg for his.

Fasting today. Completed an lower body workout this morning and will distract myself from food today.

Have a lovely Monday everyone!

Thanks Phoenix! #feelsgood!
    I fasted yesterday, with my bone broth/added carrots/onions and garlic, was delicious and REALLY filling, which surprised me, as it was the consistency of water! Who knew what a few concentrated nutrients could do?!

I had a mouse-like portion of popped rice (maybe 18g I think), no additives just before bed, when I started rumbling again, along with 20g of milk, heated with boiled water – sounds disgusting, but it’s a snack I loved since I was a kid lol (I just make food up as I go along, it’s great to experiment! lol).

No change in weight since Friday’s loss, but wasn’t expecting any. I’ve definitely found a good way to drop the calories on my FD’s now, that broth is astoundingly good, absolutely bursting with flavour and as it’s so low in calories, you can eat a decent bowl full and have less than the 500 with no hunger at all! If anyone wants to try it, I’ll put the recipe here.

Well done on your workouts Phoenix, you’re doing SO well 😀 I’m so pleased that you got back into it! Sitting at the pc is a pain though, I feel you there. I had a few days of that in the last couple of weeks and you really feel sluggish the day after.

NFD for me today, but having a careful one, as I’d like to keep the losses coming, I get massive motivation when I lose anything, so feeling inspired this week!

Have a fab Tuesday all and hope all’s well with you, Al and also Lisa and Graham! 😉

Missed logging in yesterday due to an early meeting. Then frantically busy rest of the day.

FD on Monday went very well. I do need to stick to a stricter regime and it has shown in a good weight loss of 500g.

Had a big breakfast out with husband yesterday (at the expense of a gym workout). Compensated by light lunch and dinner.

NFD today. Should be a reasonably easy day. Did a whole body work out this morning.

Penguinchick, your soup sounds yummy. And I really admire your discipline. I need to go back to cook chicken, vege and rice soup too. They are very low in calories and filling.

Have a wonderful Wednesday everyone!

Hi guys,

Penguinchic suggested I join u all ( from another post)

Very quick intro. Started 16/8 in Sept 2017 and went from a size 16 to size 8 down from 83kg to 58. Was back up to 64 kilos end of August, mostly because I stopped exercising but also because I got into bad eating habits. I have a few health issues so I need to get back down to around 55 kilos.

Weighed in this morning and down 200 grams from yesterday! Every little helps!!!

Will log in again soon, took me a while to read all the posts here ( haven’t finished in fact!) and don’t have time now as have made myself a picnic and am going to walk to tram stop instead of getting the bus and go and spend a few hours sunbathing at the local lake and get in an hours swimming.

Not on a fast day today but have calculated my calories as around 1300, which with my activity level, should be fine!

Thanks PC for your lovely advice on the other thread. You are right about people’s negativity. I noticed last year when I was losing a lot of weight, lot’s of people narked on about ” you mustn’t lose anymore” and when I started putting on a bit they so loved pointing it out to me! I will do as you say and just smile and ignore them and carry on with what I am doing! I need to get down to 55kg, so I will, and to hell with what everyone else thinks!

It’ll be a high here of 24 degrees, not too hot and I fancy moving and having a swim in the lake! Speak to you soon!

Good luck everyone, keep at it. Lapses will happen, but not today!

Hey all and welcome to Lilimar 😉

It’s late afternoon here on Wednesday and the rain looks set to come soon! Sounds perfect for you Lili with swimming and a picnic, hope you’ve had a lovely day?!

I’m super impressed with your workouts Phoenix! Well done you! You must be so close to your target now, it won’t be long 😀

I’ve had a sort of good NFD so far, we had some croissants leftover from the weekend and they would have gone stale, so as I hate wasting anything, I warmed them this morning and gave the kids some, then ate two myself over the course of the day. I’ve only had the croissants plus water and coffee today and with a roast chicken and salad for dinner, I should be coming in under 1k cals today, so not too bad!

Been quite busy, though not working today for a change, so I write a journal (when I remember!) and I also make up stories (fiction) for the kids and I spent a lovely two hours this morning with a hot coffee, writing another two chapters for a story I began last year. The kids are enjoying reading them and if I ever (Ha!) get one finished, I’ll maybe have a go at having it published (If it’s remotely decent enough!). I’ve always read to the kids and they have a voracious appetite for new stories as a result, so I’m always inspired by their passion for reading.

Tomorrow is another FD, so I am already making a fresh stock and have carrots and shallots to add to it, along with some lovely garlic, lemon and ginger to help ward off any colds (lots going around at the minute here!).

Hope you’ve all had a great Wednesday, really pleased to have another friend to add to our little group, welcome again Lilimar!
    Hope all is well and you’re not too busy with work Al and ‘Hey’ to Graham… keep watching and reading, even if you don’t have time to post!

Over and out ’til Friday! Happy fasting 😉

Welcome Lilimar! There are some similarities in our journey. I started 5:2 in Nov 2017 at around 81kg, got down to around 65kg in June 2018. Fell off the wagon a bit and struggle to get the weight below 70kg. My goal weight is 65kg, though my ideal BMI weight should be around 57kg.

Penguinchick, thanks for your encouragement. I have enjoyed the gym work outs in the morning. I feel a lot more energetic during the day. But my weight has plateau. And I need to face the reality that my food control has not been good.

NFD was not the best yesterday (allowed too much unhealthy favorite food), and probably offset the weight loss achieved on Monday.

FD today and I shall be disciplined.

Have a lovely Thursday everyone!

Completed 3rd gym work out for the week this morning.

Yesterday FD went well. Nearly succumb to eating in the morning. Managed to control the urge by drinking more coffee.

NFD today. Plan to go for a massage in the afternoon.

Going to a 21st event on Saturday. Need to ensure no excessive food intake.

Have a wonderful Friday everyone!

Thank you for your welcome!

I went to the lake 2 days running. Can’t go today as my son gets home from boarding school for the weekend this evening and I have housework to do.

Yes Phoenix, does sound similar, my ideal BMI weight would be around 57kg too, but it is a struggle to get and stay under 60kg. But I am determined, it’s just gotta be done. Anyway I feel so much better when I am physically more active and not flabby!

I weighed in this morning and am down 300 grams from yesterday, yayyyy!!! down to 61.7, and to my delight it IS starting to show, lost 1cm each from bust and hips and 2 from my waist!!! I swam for 1 and a half hours in the lake yesterday and walked a total of 9km, all on a fast day so I expected a change today.

Will be on a fast day again today to prepare for the weekend. Housework is good exercise as well and I’ll be sweaty, it’s going to be 30 degrees here, I’d much rather be by the lake, but still, needs must. Will try and drag hubby and son there tomorrow or just pop off on my own. It will be hot here all next week so I’ll keep going swimming there as it’s nicer than going to the pool and I may as well make the most of it while it lasts !

Duty calls! Speak to you all soon. 💋

Happy Friday to you all!

@phoenix – Good luck at the party, I’m sure you’ll be fine, with all the exercise too, you’ll be ok 😉
    @lilimar – The lake near you sounds just lovely, we have lakes not far away, but they’re too boggy to swim in, as they’re not very big. Well done on the loss too! Good going 😀

I had a really hungry FD yesterday, though I stuck to my calories, my tummy was rumbling almost all day, despite much water and black coffee consumed! No weight lost, but none gained, having a good NFD so far and have only had half a cheese sandwich with homemade bread and some salad so far. Chicken and salad for dinner again, though I’m tempted to switch out for fish tonight, getting a bit fed up of chicken this week lol!
    Had an active day with work/jobs and housework yesterday, tonight I’m writing and tomorrow is active and busy with the kids.

It’s been a stunning day here at around 23 degrees, with sunshine and a light wind, so good for drying all the bedding I’ve washed! Hurrah!

Have a fab weekend all and enjoy the lovely weather!
    /Wave to Al, Graham and Lisa!

Completed a gym workout this morning. Have skipped zumba & step classes (again) at weekend.

Saturday 21st party food was so good, I think I must put on 1kg. Formal weigh in this morning shows a small 300g reduction from last week. Will need to do better this week.

Not feeling the best at the moment. Felt dizzy on and off in last few weeks, and was quite bad yesterday. It may cause by lack of sleep for weeks but will see a doctor today for a check up.

FD today and will need to try hard sticking to fasting.

Have a lovely Monday everyone!

Hey all,

Well I’m back on the exercise horse! Workout and Pilates today, plus gardening and it’s a FD for me, last Thursday’s FD was a tough one, hoping today is slightly easier. Not bad so far, but we’re still in the morning!

Happy fasting anyone doing a FD with me.
    Well done on the reduction Phoenix, it all counts toward that end goal!

I also need to do better this week, as no shift at all since the last 2 lbs came off. My body is so reluctant to accommodate my desires lol! :/

Have a great Monday everyone xx

Viewing 16 posts - 201 through 216 (of 216 total)

You must be logged in to reply.