Slow weight loss

This topic contains -14 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Genny008 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Hi,

I’ve been doing daily intermittent fasting for close to a month now. Im lucky enough to find the fasting easy if I’m honest and plan to continue with it as a lifestyle rather than a diet. I initially lost 8lbs in the first 3 weeks but I seem to have reached a plateau. I only need to lose another 7-10lbs maximum.

Why has my weight loss stopped? I’m not cheating at all and consume between 800-1300 calories a day in my eating window. My average fasting time is 18hrs but can easily go to 21 hours simply because of the logistics of getting the time to eat (kids, school etc). On the weekends I may have maybe 200 calories more or have a slightly longer eating window. I don’t eat lots of carbs. The only thing I’m not great at is drink throughout the day. I just don’t get thirsty then I’ll force myself to drink a few big glasses in the evening because I know I should.

I’ve been pretty slack about exercise mainly because of time again. Could this be the problem?

I’m 42 and female for reference. 129lbs.

Anyone? X

Fastingalways – my humble opinion – I don’t think you lost 8lb of fat in the first 3 weeks. That would have computed to a 1,300 calorie per day deficit (8lb*3,500cal/21 days).
    I think the rapid initial weight loss was likely a bunch of body weight in the form water, which is now adjusting itself.
    Your calorie deficit based on the figures you mention, just to take a wild guess, could have been more like 7-800 per day, which would result in a 1.5 lb per week loss. That would be an outstanding long-term result, especially for such an already light weight female.
    Generally, I do believe that the calorie deficit governs, even with fasting regimens.
    Good luck!

Hi Fastingalways,

Everyone plateaus for a while. I did at least 3 times in my first 6 months of doing 5:2, but it still only took me 6 months to lose the excess weight it took me 10 years to put on. 9 years later I’m still doing 5:2 and the weight has stayed off.

I’ve no idea if any of the advice above will help you – personally I’ve just stuck to the original basic 5:2 principles because that’s what makes this a long term plan you can stick too. Many people seem to make it very complicated and over think it. Just stick to the basic rules and, hopefully, it will work for you – one of the basic premises of 5:2 is that it is easy and sustainable to do and you really only have to think about what you consume for 2 days a week. It is also very much a marathon and not a sprint. You’ve only been at it for 4 weeks (at the time of writing) – give it at least 6 months and then assess how you’ve done.

Very best of luck to you.

It has been said already, but I just want to stress that we all have plateau (I have it now). It can be not motivative but all in all you should follow your goal

Fasting is the best way to weight loss quickly with the keto diet. Intermittent fasting can result in ketosis, a metabolic state in which the body burns down stored fat for energy when there is insufficient glucose available to do so. Ketone-like compounds grow as a result of this. This can result in weight loss along with consuming fewer calories overall.

I heard that garlic water helps with weight loss

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply.