Sleeping is the original state of fasting?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Science of intermittent fasting
Sleeping is the original state of fasting?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  chris1929 10 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• I would hazard a guess that sleeping is a form of fasting. Thats no food for 8 hours (or in my case 6 hours). Prolonging the fast (i.e. not eating breakfast) on a fast day, should lead to fat stores being tapped into earlier in the day. If you do some light cardio in the morning. This should accelerate fat loss. (I’m following the logic of the other forum members). I have tried this regimen one week (Ive got a back injury at the moment so have laid off the excericse) and have to say that I did not get exhausted (light headed at about 15:30, but that passed). Looking forward to resuming this.

I’ve also seen other blogs where people have eaten one large meal per day (I’d say this was another fasting varient). Ultimately, each person has to choose the regimen that works for them.

That’s right Wong, whatever suits an individual. I have a medical issue which the dr tells me I should eat something in the morning, so I do. I’ve still lost 30 lbs in 30 weeks!

Going to sleep hungry is definitely a positive for losing weight – I find that if I stop eating at 6pm and go to bed early – 9 pm – feeling hungry – then I wake up without hunger and have lost weight

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.