Six weeks in now

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  And… exhale 8 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Dear “fasters”

I am relatively new to this fasting programme, just started fasting 2 days a week six weeks ago. I have been struggling with extra baggage since I gave birth to my son 3 years ago and it just seemed to stay. I was 12 kg over my pre-pregnancy weight until I started in late September and my attempts to loose weight until then had failed. I tried the fasting diet before when I was still breastfeeding but that was not a wise decision since I couldn’t handle it. But this time I decided that I’d give it a second chance and I also decided that I would NOT weigh myself at all until after six weeks of 5:2, because I figured I needed that time to start seeing some real progress.

And needless to say, I stepped on the scale today and I am 4 kg lighter than when I started 6 weeks ago. Actually I feel even lighter than that since I can already use some of the pre-pregnancy clothes that I had grown out of. But all in all I am pleased to see the results and not surprised. I can feel that the stomach seems to have shrunk so I have room for less food on non-fasting days.

If I would loose 6-10 kg additionally I would be super happy so I will continue doing this 5:2 programme and check my weight again in six weeks. What I wonder is weather it is reasonable to expect the same amount of weight loss as I have seen so far? Given that not much else changes.
    I am overweight, although not obese, so I can do more weightloss, I am just wondering if I can expect a slower weightloss from now.

Hi Sav,

Congratulations on the 4kg loss.

The plan is designed to create a calorie-deficit that will produce a loss of around 1lb/0.46kg per week in women, if you eat within your TDEE for five days a week and reduce to 500 kcals on two Fast Days per week. So in 6 weeks, now that your body has settled into this way of eating, you’d expect to lose 2.7kgs.

I lost a lot in the first 2-3 weeks, but have now settled into a gradual loss of about 2kgs per month, although I wandered ‘off-plan’ a bit recently and stopped keeping track of non-Fast Day calories. Unsurprisingly my weight-loss also tailed-off…

Good luck for the next 6 weeks.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.