Shifting the plateau and more

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  PeterC 9 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Hi Guys
    This is my experience since I’ve been doing the Fast Diet, that is 36 weeks now.
    My target was to lose the 10 kilos I gained during pregnancy. So, my initial weight was 69kg, target weight was 59kg.

After 20 weeks of 5:2 I lost 5 kilos and a few centimetres spread around waist, hips, thighs etc. – Great.

Then, 4 weeks later no change whatsoever. Not so great. I started monitoring my daily TDEE which is 1500 calories, but I was staying within the allowance. Another 4 weeks passed, no change in weight, nor in my measurements in cm. That is 8 weeks of plateau.

So I decided to try 4:3 for 4 weeks, doing it on Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
    The results: I lost 2 kilos and a couple of cms around my body. Fantastic!

However, for the last 4 weeks I reverted back to 5:2 and guess what? No change again, neither in weight, nor in measurements.

My conclusions on my ‘experiments’ are:

When it comes to me and my body the 5:2 regime worked in losing fat in the first period. Now if I want to lose fat I have to go 4:3. If if stay on 5:2 I simply manage to keep the current weight, but I don’t lose any more.

This has naturally got implications for the future, for when I will reach my target weight. My worry is this: once I reach my target weight, does it mean I have to stay on 5:2 forever in order to keep my weight? Because if I switch to 6:1, as the book recommends, I might start to put fat back on.

Any thoughts? I’d be curious to know what others have experienced when switching between 5:2 and 4:3

Hi Martina

Your post was interesting as for the last month I too have plateaued on 5:2 despite sticking to 1500 cals on non fast days! I have lost 21lbs from 11st 8 to 10st 1. I am 5ft 4 and now a healthy BMI but would like to get to 9st 7 and see how I look.
    Ke I have noticed over the last 6 weeks I lose a couple of pounds and then gain it again it seems to take a while for my body to settle at a new weight but it is soul destroying to try so hard and not see the scales move although hopefully the fasting benefits our health. I do seem to be changing shape even though the scales have slowed down and I have dropped three dress sizes since February.
    I am pleased that 4:3 works for you I am trying this for the first time this week to try and speed things up on the scales. Keep posting your news and good luck!

This video has an interesting take on weight-loss plateaux:

http://www.metaboliceffect.com/weight-loss-plateau/

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.