September 30 Day Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
September 30 Day Challenge

This topic contains 1,604 replies, has 110 voices, and was last updated by  lmrenfrey 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 901 through 950 (of 1,605 total)

• Day 16 Chester UK NFD

Wow day 16, only 2 weeks of the month left. Weight holding at 198 this morning – only 2 lbs to goal. @okeydokey, thinking of you and your father. Virtual hug, hoping everything going ok for you.
    Today is nieces 21st Birthday so there’s a family party tonight. I’ve offered to drive so no alcohol, dry winos – I’m nowhere near your league- I’m so regretting the offer, it’s done now and can’t take it back!

Have a lovely weekend everyone.

Day 16 Belfast NFD

Day 16, Guildford UK, CFD

Was planning a feast day today and tomorrow is better for it.

Very low mood still and stressed about the house sale.

Hope all is well in Florida now. And luckily no one seems affected by the bomb on this thread. Relief all around it didn’t explode.

No weight loss yet to report. Plateau time.

Many hugs to all

Mari

Day 16, Gozo, Malta, nfd

Yesterday eating out in the evening ended with hot chocolate rather than a dessert.

Today I had a piece of fish pie and apple crisp for lunch. I also had around 250 calories for breakfast when usually I skip breakfast. I have to control my intake today not to go over tdee.

Have a great Saturday everyone.

Day 16 Wales NFD

Have a good weekend everyone.

@okeydokey – hope your dad’s condition improves, it sounds like he’s getting good care.

Day 16……Florida…..FD

Good Morning!

Well, it’s been 1 full week since I’ve fasted. Let’s be honest, I’m sooo feeling the effects. My body is not liking me right now! And doing a 500 calorie days is seeming impossible at this point but I’m determined today! Plus, I’m up nearly 5lbs.
    I’ve told myself even if I can’t do 500 calories and I end up going over, two things are a definite must. No food until dinner which will give me a proper gut healing and no pop, soda or fizzy drink until dinner which means water will and must be my friend today!

My prayers to those in London! In our area, things are getting back to normal, and electricity is being restored. We are having some issues with the folks living in low lying areas. Yesterday, we received a emergency broadcast of our rivers swelling rapidly and evacuations are mandatory!
    I’m not sure about the rest of the state because our news is only doing our area but good news is, tons of help is on its way. I constantly see big trucks, lineman trucks and others driving south towards the heaviest hit. Many have signs hanging on them that says Florida here we come, Florida strong and my favorite which I might add had Texas license plates…. the sign on their truck said…. Now, it’s our turn!

Okay, well that’s my book for the day! I’ve got to get around here, do my weekly home blessing then I’m off to drop of donations. There are a couple trucks headed south, one for clothes and household items, one for food and water, then one for treats and gifts for the men and women helping put our state back together.
    I cant physically go down and put in my sweat but I can help those get back what they lost.

My husband told me to stop acting like a flamingo, so I had to put my foot down!

Day 16 – USA – NFD

Good fast day yesterday, but 581 cals.; I miscalculated at the end of the day and had to add 90 cals to an otherwise under 500 day…oh well. Congrats to all who are dispatching those lbs./kgs! I’m up here on the plateau…weigh-in today: 175.8 lbs., up 1.6 lbs even after 2 FDs. Not too worried about it, though. @bert1802 and @penz, so glad to hear from both of you and that you did not lose everything. @okeydokey, hope your dad gets better.

Day 16 – SW WA USA – NFD

Had a safe travel time after school yesterday. It was like driving through fog for the first while due to fires. Fortunately rain is in the forces for later Sunday.

I did indulge in dome peanut M & Ms plus a small bag of Chef Mix along with my salad I ha packed.

Got to my son’s & enjoying our visit already. Having a birthday celebration of my former MIL later today. I’m still a welcome part of the family.

@bert1802 – good to hear of the Texas help & more.

On the Norway theme, my ex is not in oil, rather in higher education

Enjoy the weekend everyone!

Day 16 – Woking, UK – NFD
    237.7lbs
    Clinging on to 16st 13lbs, trying to have a reasonably controlled day today.

Day 16,Emden Germany, NFD

@penz thought you were on champagne, how did the tasting go? Any favorites?

@annemarilyn only ~115 days to go, then RETIREMENT, hugs also for being there

it’s raining again, but I have new books (a lot of older ones not read too, but from April on I can read as much as I want)

Have a nice weekend everyone!

Day 15 Newcastle UK ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง NFD.
    Busy busy day

Day 16, Rocky Mountains, US, CD

My junk food dragon was awakened by Thursday’s pizza and continued with a chicken sandwich and fries yesterday. Oh boy, oh boy. Today scales are up again and it is time to push the reset button. Today I am aiming for a controlled day, 16:8, also tomorrow and then Monday will be a FD.
    Volunteering today and tomorrow afternoon at an Arts Festival. Will add a hike this morning and also tomorrow morning. So, everything is nicely planned, now I have to follow through with my plans! ๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„

@keetseel: when I don’t need to push the reset button (when I am maintaining at my goal weight), I normally follow 16:8 every day, sometimes I narrow the food window more, 18:6 or even 20:4.

@penz: Glad you are OK! ๐Ÿ˜Š

@okeydokey: Sending healing vibes to your father! โš˜โš˜โš˜

Have a good Saturday everyone! ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒผ

MA, USA
    Day 14–NFD
    Day 15–NFD
    Day 16–FD

Day 16 – McMinnville Oregon USA – NFD
    Yesterdays FD ended up closer to 900 calories. Woke up hungry this morning so I donโ€™t want to attempt a FD today. I will regroup tomorrow.
    Happy weekend everyone. ๐ŸŒธ

Off out for dinner in a few minutes. And not quite sure how, but a rather large birthday chocolate cake made its way into our shopping trolley at the supermarket earlier. Thank goodness I’m off the booze, as this could be a calorific evening!

Day 16 UK NFD

Day 16 Akron OH NFD. The weather is absolutely delightful up here, I had planned to fast this weekend but with winter coming, I figure enjoy this weather and family time while I can. I will regroup on Monday. I never thought this would happen but I fit into a size zero jacket last week!!!

Day16 Massachusetts USA NFD I’ve accepted that it’s going to take me longer to get to my goal (2 more pounds.) I’m maintaining well and clothes fit me comfortably. Summer has been a huge challenge. For some folks I know it’s the other way around but I have less temptation in the Winter.

Day 16– Colorado USA–FD

@mogaman – I’m exactly reverse of you, season-wise. Funny how we each have our own individual diet or food quirks!

Summer is easier for me to Fast because “it’s just too hot” to eat a large meal. In the Winter, it’s far too easy to comfort eat with fattening foods, sit around inside more due to cold weather & hide extra pounds under sweaters/ hoodies/ jumpers.
    So I’d better get busy & make the most out of what’s left of Summer heat!

@bigviking – thanks for throwing down the Dry-Wino Challenge for September. I’m finding not only am I saving calories galore, but making better food choices too. Without the wine or beer, I’m definitely having fewer “oh screw it, I’ll order the fish n chips” moments.

Day 16 – Reykjavik – NFD

After a brilliant last few days I let my guard down a little today. For dinner, I prepared a pizza with lobster, rucola, parmesan, topped with slices of green apple. It was simply great, out of this world :-). And naturally I had to open a bottle of Chablis to complete it. It feels so good when you have been minimising in food for many days to treat oneself with something spectacular. And this recipe actually wasn’t all that unhealthy.
    I’m changing the rhythm somewhat by fasting tomorrow, on Sunday, instead of usually on a Monday. And than plan to do a CFD on Monday.
    Hoping to continue the good run…
    Piece and love

Hello co down ni
    Day 15 nfd
    Day 16 nfd
    Hmmm it’s a time of adjustment, out of my usual routine completely. I need to find a new method of coping and mindset.

Day 16 – Cumbria UK – NFD

Weight this morning 53.6kg/118lbs – loving maintenance ๐Ÿ’ƒ

Busy day out marshalling at a fell race – lovely autumn sunny day but a bit cool – perfect for the runners! Everyone safely back!

Lovely home cooked meal by OH (he was not running for a change!) when I got back and enjoyed a couple of glasses of a Wiston bubbly – perfect and within TDEE!

Night all

3rd post.
    Happy to say meal out didn’t even entail a pudding! And when we got back, my wife decided she didn’t want cake, so that saved me being tempted by that too. Result! With a FD tomorrow, I’m hoping my weekly weigh-in on Monday will be good ๐Ÿ˜€

Day 16 Vancouver Island
    NFD
    Once again just wanted to mention how great it is to read all your posts.. big thanks for sharing !
    Happy Saturday!

Day 16 NFD-USA
    First fast day in a long time, tomorrow. Looking forward to it. Can’t believe September is half over! After reading posts, are people doing 500-600 cal fasts or 800 cal day fasts? Thoughts? Suggestions? Not sure which I should do. I save most of my calories for the evening so i can do either one.

Day 16 – USA (UT last day) – NFD

Skipped breakfast, but then ate junk food the rest of the day. Oh well.. that happened. Hope it didn’t hurt me too much, Scale this morning still showed 160# maintenance.

Had a day with family and friends doing football. One of my favorite activities – college NCAA football.

Will be good tomorrow – flying home to Illinois.

Onward and downward!

Day 17 Sydney, Australia WFD (first of B2B)

Hi everybody, hope you’re all doing well? I think this month I might be on a plateau, regardless of doing 4:3 each week so far. However, I haven’t weighed myself, and won’t until the end of the month, so I won’t know for sure. I’m just going from how I look and how clothes are fitting me. I will try to not let it get to me, and am trying to focus on how much weight I have lost over the past couple of months, and how much better I look, so if I have a month where the scales don’t move downwards, that shouldn’t matter so much. Trying to make sure I see the positives ๐Ÿ™‚

Good luck to anybody else out there fasting today. This is a marathon, not a sprint.

Day 17 – Tokyo, Japan – NFD 80.2kg

I eat ~700 calorie dinner, so that my wife wouldn’t be concerned. Now I’m with my daughter for a couple days and will likely delay any fasting until we are back to normal. However my body is doing okay.

@bert1802 – Over the last 9 days, I’ve only had one so-so fast. However I have really pushed exercise a few times. I think that works at least in the short-term. Sometimes life just interferes with fasting.

Norway, Day 17, NFD

Have had a good weekend. Some wine on Friday and some chocolate yesterday, but the total I think have been OK. Thinking a controlled day today.

Happy to hear everyone in Florida are OK! My dad has a house in Miami, but that too survived ๐Ÿ™‚

Looking forward to FD tomorrow, and weigh-in on Tuesday.

It is very inspiring to read about all the goals reached and inspirational quotes in here, thank you all for being you and being in this journey together โค๏ธ

Day 17, Emden Germany, NFD

@lorky35 I stick to the 500 cal a day on a FD, I’m on maintenance, 500 cal twice a week seems to be enough, so why change it? If the 500 cal are enough for you, then why take the 800 cal? I also mostly do 16:8, so no breakfast.

@losing_it I don’t use the scales either during the month, I just go by a dress I want to fit in and by the mirror.

Have a nice Sunday everyone!

Day 17-NFD-UK

Day 17, UK, FD
    Up 0.1kg from yesterday, which isn’t too bad considering we ate out last night. Need to lose 0.6k today to get below the lowest I’ve seen so far this month. And still need 2.6kg in a fortnight to hit my monthly target.

Two weeks until the end of the challenge – keep going team. We’ve got this!

Day 17, Gozo,Malta, nfd

Yesterday I went over tdee. This morning my weight was 0.1 kilo more than last Thursday the day I weigh myself.

Today we’re going to my son s favorite restaurant for lunch so no breakfast for me except coffee and semi skimmed milk. This afternoon I might go out for a coffee.

Tomorrow will be the first of three B2B2B fast days.

Have a great Sunday everyone

Day 17 Belfast๐ŸŒค NFD ๐Ÿข๐Ÿ—ก๐Ÿท๐Ÿ’ช

Home after an indulgent couple of days and confession time – I ate a small packet of wine gums (sorry to the sugar abstainers!) and the scales are up a pound. Back on the straight and narrow today. I think I might try a water fast for the first time this week.
    @snowflake56 – exciting times ahead! – I think one of the challenges of retirement is not to sit for too long. I’m loving not having to go work. I don’t know how I had time to work!
    @lorky35 – I try to stick to 500 cals on FDs and follow a 16:8 eating pattern everyday. Sometimes my FDs morph to a few more calories but the fewer calories you eat, the quicker your weight loss will be in theory.
    @johnnyr I like your scales wisdom
    @liathanail – what great progress you’ve made. You should be proud.
    @belfastsink – wow!
    @okeydokey – so sorry to hear about your dad’s health issues. Old age is not an easy thing.
    @Imrenfrey – lime and courgette cake? Yum!

I think the scales are not going to play ball this month, but my clothes are neater. I need a new winter coat, and have been trying on size 12s which is when I want to be.

Happy Sunday everyone.

Day 17 Chester UK. NFD
    Yesterday was a NFD and for a Saturday I was under TDEE, must be the first time in months. Dinner out in Liverpool at a burger joint and I went for a Caeser salad with dressing on the side. Where did this woman come from ? No dessert and Diet Coke all night. I can tell though I didn’t drink enough water, had cramp in the night quite badly so expecting the scales to go up a bit.

Today we will have red wine with dinner- first alcohol in a week, again I seem to be living a strangers life at the minute.

@debster251 – wine gums are the sweets of the devil, too tempting by half. I’m the one one that lost the battle to eat a few last week and ate half a bag.

Have a peaceful Sunday everyone.

DAY 16 – UK – NFD

DAY 17 – UK – NFD

Yesterday went to Royal Opera House to see La Boheme (fabulous)…but went with friends and we ended up in Chinatown afterwards and had a Chinese meal – as the friends were Singaporean they ordered for us all, so it was really enjoyable. The saving grace was that we walked from Marylebone station to Covent Garden and back…so at least did some exercise too. However, we snacked later (it was a noon performance, so we were home by 6.30 pm) so I know I went above my tdee. Will try to be more mindful to-day….a bit gloomy here down south to-day, but will go for a brisk walk and do without lunch. I am not weighing myself until the end of the month…I think that 3lbs. I want to lose for this month will turn out to be an optimistic target!.

Enjoy your Sunday all.

Day 17 – Woking, UK – NFD
    238lbs

Day 17 โ€“ UAE โ€“ NFD
    A quick check-in

Day 17, London, UK, NFD

My B2B2B2B gave me the push I needed (-4lb week), but I won’t be doing it again anytime soon!!! Today, Iโ€™m 1lb above the low I reached before my holiday in July, itโ€™s taken a little while to get back here, managing to get through the holiday excesses (+7lbs), an August funeral and the wine dragon who moved in and took over after the funeral and seemed to want to stay!!! When I posted my September aims including โ€˜Dry-Septemberโ€™ I actually thought Iโ€™d give it a damned good go, but I could see myself falling off the wagon!!! Now I think itโ€™s no hardship to NOT have a glass of wine, and come October, Iโ€™ll be very mindful and not feel like I have to empty the bottle!!! โ€“ I hope so anyhow!!!

Well done @bigviking on the โ€˜pudding swerveโ€™, @saffy420 that stranger is the new and improved โ€“ YOU!!!!

@saffy420 & @debster251, as you may know, itโ€™s a well-known fact that there is no such thing as consuming 1 wine gum!!! Iโ€™ve had at least 3 occasions, duly noted on these forums, over the last 6 months where an entire bag of the tangy wine gums (500+ cal) was devoured in a single day (almost a single sitting to be honest!!).

Keep the faith people, this WOL works if you work IT!!!!

I am intrigued with these “wine gums”. Where do you buy them?

Day 17……Florida……CD

Woke up this morning with a hell of a headache and a blemish on my cheek. Which, I’m taking as a sign that my body is very very mad at me. I did manage a strong 18 hour fast. Win-win…… food choices not good but it is what it is. At least, Imdoing some good for you fasting hours….

I’m so happy to hear everyone is doing so well! @bigviking…… you made my day when you said go team….. It made me invasion you as Our very own cheerleader in size 32 jeans….

@debster and stuffy…… may I ask… what is wine gum? When I picture it, all I can see is gummy candy filled with wine and when you bite into it, you get a burst of flavor.

@dyskak…… glad to hear you made it safely back from your trip. Also, you are absolutely right…. sometimes life does get in the way of the best laid out plans. Sometimes life can get the best of me, I do know that…..

@flourbaby….. you can make it…. Oct is only around the corner….

Today, officials are going to finally allow the people in the Fl. Keys back in to survey, the extent of the damage. From the news, they say the keys will never be the same since 75% of the island suffered complete loss. Hopefully, FEMA, the government and humanity will work quickly to get these fine folk a place to call home again.

I’m going to get ready and head down to a fundraiser car wash they are having in town. It’s not so much that my truck needs a bath but since my family was so lucky, I want to give back when I can….

My husband told me to stop acting like a flamingo, so I had to put my foot down..

2nd post,

@maddyg & @bert1802https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wine_gum

very addictive, probably 99.9% sugar too!!!! Unfortunately no wine in the ingredients!!!

Day 17 – USA – NFD

Day 17 – USA (travel) – NFD

Expecting to do okay today. In spite of the junk food yesterday, I did a lot of walking and stairs, so no gain today.

@jarbia – another opera lover here! I would love to see anything in the Royal Opera House, and I am sure “Boheme” was stellar. We’ve gone to some great opera houses around the world (Sydney, Paris, Vienna, New York, Chicago, Verona) but never London! Maybe someday…. We did see “My Fair Lady” near Covent Garden though!

Wine gum @flourbaby – sounds delicious!

Onward and downward.

Day 17 USA NFD

Hello day 17 co down ni nfd
    Still adjusting the mindset so not saying poor me, go on you deserve it. I took a b4 op weight and hopefully the after weight should be same or less if I am to make my interim goal. That way i have a rough idea that i am still on target. Planning a fd as normal tomorrow. So frustrating as i have not got back to my low weight in june. But in it for the long haul so gotta just keep on keeping on.

Day 17, Rocky Mountains, US, CD

Off to a hike, then volunteering.๐Ÿ˜Š
    Hope to get rid of the water retention due to the overly salty take out food (three days in a row- naughty) in the next couple of days. Planning on fasting Mon through Friday.

Have a good Sunday everyone!๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š

Day 17, Rocky Mountains, US, CD

Off to a hike, then volunteering.๐Ÿ˜Š
    Hope to get rid of the water retention due to the overly salty take out food (three days in a row- naughty) in the next couple of days. Planning on fasting Mon through Friday.

Have a good Sunday everyone!๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š

Day 17 – Ireland – NFD

Just back from holidays. Back to work tomorrow and back to fasting tomorrow. Official weigh-in in the morning and hoping that not too much damage caused by holiday eating and drinking. But if so….well, it’s time to get back on track.

See y’all tomorrow โ˜บ๏ธ

Day 17 – SW WA USA – NFD

Had a good family day yesterday, celebrating my former MIL’s 8th b-day. I focused on the bbq’d sausage & hamburger plus veggies. I did enjoy one bite of a couple of the desserts. Felt good about the choices. NFD again today making it a 16:8 at least.
    So church with some of the family, followed by amother short visit with my daughter who’s not feeling well. Then road tripping home the rest of the day;driving around the fire situation.

@Flourbaby- sounds like you’ve been doing well. My challenge is keeping the ground made during the b2bs. I’m working at keeping the NFDS controlled.

@bert1802 – it’s so good to hear how people are coming around the folks suffering damages from the hurricanes. My son just recently moved from Florida after 13 years down there. We’ve been hearing some phenomenal stories.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend fasters around the world! We can do this.

Viewing 50 posts - 901 through 950 (of 1,605 total)

You must be logged in to reply.