Second Fast Day

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  chrobis 8 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Hi everyone!

I just started the 5:2 diet this week and I don’t think I’m doing very well :s

I fasted on Monday: unfortunately I slightly went over my target of 560 calories. I thought spreading my calories throughout the day would be easier but maybe not 🙁 I just couldn’t concentrate. (I ate some boiled eggs, some veggies, some soup and rice crackers and a banana-avocado-smoothie.)

On Tuesday (yesterday) I tried to eat normal but ended up eating more sugar and processed foods than I usually do (mainly as a reward for fasting on Monday). I don’t know how many calories I ate but I didn’t eat a balanced diet, that’s for sure.

Today is again a fast day, and I’ve already eaten more calories than I planned to :/ I’m not sure I’ll be able to stick to my goal of 560. Especially since I’ll be doing 1 hour of high intensity training (CrossFit) later today. (I usually do CrossFit 3-4 times a week, I love it but I’ll be hungry afterward.)

I’ve been so distracted and grumpy too. Pretty pathetic

Any words of advice? Motivation?

Welcome Hanne – Download Myfitnesspal on your App Store if you don’t have it already and you can count calories on that for your fast days. Your doing an it too much exercise, I know I sound crazy but lower the exercise by a small bit so you won’t be craving food as much.

High intensity training should not be done for an hour that’s too much. Just plan out your meals for each day and be sensible, treat yoursef after dinner each non fast day with a small chocolate bar or crisps 🙂

Drink lots of water and tea or black coffee, make sure if you can’t concentrate on a fast day to use energy boosting foods for breakfast like porridge or a banana but make sure you don’t go over your calories on a fast day that’s the whole idea.

You can do it just a bit of willpower and persistence and you’ll be on your way to your dream body, if your binging on a non fast day try to control yourself by having sweet things like sugar free jelly or an apple, Eat filling foods and have lots of protein and veg 🙂

Good Luck- Kyle

It’s almost 6 months after your post but maybe you are still around.

I am starting the 5:2 and also getting back to crossfit after awhile off due to breaking my ankle last year (not at crossfit). I am wondering how it’s going to be. At first I am going to do crossfit 3x a week on non fast days but would like to go back to 4 or 5 like I was doing previously as it was showing results in muscle definition, stamina and general well being but I don’t know how a fast day would do.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.