Saucy and Svelte September!

This topic contains 272 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by  BrightonBelle 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 101 through 150 (of 279 total)

• Day 10 – South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – NFD

Had a good FD yesterday, & managed to prolong it until after noon & clocking up nearly 10,000 steps this morning.

We’ve been without power the entire day – again ๐Ÿ˜ฃ. I heard a rumour about a substation being sabotaged during the night. What people won’t do for weekend overtime?! Anyway, it’s back on now. @matpi – I think there’ll be more than one nice glass of something tonight. Very apt poem; straight to bed with no supper for that little girl ๐Ÿ˜…

@i-hate-lettuce – good to hear from you.

@gardenlily – ‘God save the King’ really does sound odd. The only time we’ve heard it until now is in an old movie or period drama.

I hope everyone’s having a good weekend ๐ŸŒค ๐ŸŒˆ

Day 10 Ohio, US — NFD

The scales showed 181 lb again. I think there are two reasons for this: apparently my stress levels are very high and a food experiment didn’t work out. I thought that I was handling the increased activity that the new academic year has brought rather well. Then my acupuncturist said on Thursday: “What’s going on? Your stress levels are sky high!” And as we all know high stress levels means high cortisol levels which means added adipose tissue. So this week I need to work on reducing my stress levels. The food experiment was prompted by a science news report this week that a small amount of chocolate every day can help with brain function long term. It’s been many years since I’ve eaten chocolate, and since the amounts being talked about in the article were very small, I thought that it might be possible to eat that amount of chocolate without adverse effects. That’s proven not be the case, and I’ve had a reaction to that. And allergic reactions can cause the body to hold water. So no more chocolate! I’m hopeful that by my making these changes, the weight will go back down.

@funshipfreddie Definitely a good program: good fasting and good exercise. Bummer about the power. Do you have a generator?

@brightonbelle Glad the penny has dropped. I can learn from you —- my food experiments don’t seemed to have turned out well recently.

@northgeorgia It’s amazing how the weight can jump up! Definitely speaking from personal experience this week!

@ihatelettuce Glad to hear from you! Your “social media” break is quite admirable!

Day 11 – South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – FD

I’m feeling kind of invincible today, so I’m going for another FD while it lasts ๐Ÿ’ช

@matpi – no, unfortunately I don’t have a generator. The regular ones are horrible, noisy things anyway. I’ve got a couple of power banks, so I can at least keep my phone charged, & I’ve got a portable gas stove. But I’ve heard great things about these inverter generators. Although they’re expensive, they’re becoming cheaper & they’re almost silent. So that’s something I’ll definitely look into once I’ve found a permanent place.

Looking forward to Monday morning PFDS. Anyone else…? ๐Ÿ‘€

Happy S๐ŸŒžnday!

Pocket List – Day 11 ๐Ÿ
    @funshipfreddie

Day 11 UK NFD

Invincible – how lovely @funshipfreddie Iโ€™m feeling rather normal ๐Ÿ˜•

See you on the list tomorrow , forum very quiet x

Day 10 16:8

Returned home a couple of days ago, and have been so very busy. The visit to my family was wonderful, my friendโ€™s wedding was beautiful. Both Brides were radiant and their almost adult children were their attendants and they were all so happy for their moms. The weather threatened, but stayed clear for the outdoor event and afterward there were games like croquet, sandbag toss, and other such old-fashioned outdoor entertainments – and after dark a bonfire and sโ€™mores! โ€˜โ€˜Twas so much fun and a joyous day. The hundreds of photos I took will be culled and put into a photo book I will send on to them next week.

Saw DH ex-girlfriend and she (as usual) looked fantastic so was very happy I had shed those dozens of extra pounds so I could look my best. Her news – that she is moving to Hawaii- helped me feel more comfortable, as she is the touchy-feely flirty type. My dress fit perfectly, and I was confident because I knew it looked good on me. I did get lots of compliments, but less so for the dress, than the navy pea coat style hoodie I donned when it got cooler later on in the evening. That hoodie was a big hit with so many people commenting on it. My comfortable sensible but still stylish shoes were also a hit, and I sent the link to buy them to several friends.

It was odd, we havenโ€™t seen many of the these long distance friends in years – and age has pushed topics like health to the fore. And although I am the eldest (by a few months to a few years) I seem to be one of the few without chronic health conditions. We arrived early and helped set up wedding decorations and preparations โ€” that day I ran up and down the stairs so many times as few others outside of the brides children were physically fit enough to carry stuff down the stairs. Physical limitations have changed the group dynamics quite a bit. And yes, it does appear to me that extra carrying that weight is a particular indicator of the other health concerns.

Returning to routine has required resolve – my hunger is up due to eating many things I normally eschew and my body quickly adapted to the lesser amount of exercise I got on the trip and keeps urging me to put off exercising so I am having to be strict with myself. I know Iโ€™ll adapt back but it is requiring a lot of attention and willpower to do so at the moment. I picked up 2.5 pounds so I need to make sure I reverse that.

So hello to all, glad to be back and see everyone is safe and sound here. Just a few mentions or Iโ€™ll never get moving today – @michelleinme – that is very impressive progress since May, good for you! @matpi I had acupuncture for a strained back/neck a few years ago – it was the only thing that could relax those muscles so I could heal! Iโ€™m glad it gave you a good night rest! @funshipfreddie I have so much sympathy for the power troubles, and am glad to hear power has returned. Otherwise It sounds like you and Boo are settling into to the new quarters happily ๐Ÿ˜€

Cheers!

Day 11 – USA/GA – FD

Weigh-in: 216 lbs. So, after two days of NFDs, I weigh less than I did on Friday. I was reading over some of my posts in February, when I was losing weight and not on this half a year slight increase and plateau I’ve been on. My biggest takeaways (no pun intended) are to do a 4:3 once a month, or at least a few more OMADs, but most of all to get back to the simplicity of healthier choices. Yes, I should congratulate myself for getting most of the junk out of my house: ice cream, cereal, potato chips/crisps, candy, soft drinks, etc. The problem is when I’m out eating or at someone else’s place, I think somehow those foods and drinks don’t count at all! “Yes, I’ll have a third tall glass of Coca-Cola; I’m eating out today! Why not have some ice cream today? I can’t tomorrow. Let’s stop for a Whopper with fries! It doesn’t taste that good, but I had some coupons…” Again, occasionally eating something? Sure! But daily justifying it? No wonder things are status quo. I may start a simple food log over the next few weeks. A simple checklist, for example:

MONDAY

Breakfast: () Nothing () Excellent choices () Overall OK () Lacking quality () Self-destructive

Lunch: …
    Supper: …
    Illegal snacking: …

I made a template for download if anyone wants to try it with me ๐Ÿ™‚
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1T9VGfOXxKiTR41gI5xdV5_u9ywGbrMV38tlVv9pILsY/edit?usp=sharing

Pocket List โ€“ Day 11 ๐Ÿ
    @funshipfreddie
    @northgeorgia

Day 11 – UK Cam – NFD
    Totally hectic day yesterday so no post. Started the day with usual dog walk – glorious morning out at 7 am and, after a quick breakfast, off to judge at the local garden show – NEVER AGAIN!! Oh my, how on earth do you judge the ‘longest marrow’ when there is only one, rather sad specimen on the bench? OK, the tastiest carrot was fun (apart from 1 carrot that was absolutely foul – thank goodness I took a bottle of water with me). The main problem was the lack of entries – caused partly by the awful growing season / hot weather we have had this year and, of course, by the death of the Queen. I was surprised they went ahead with the show. Anyway, that took up all the morning (no snacks, save those carrot pieces!) and dash home, baked beans on rye toast and off to visit GD for an intensive Lego session (3 hours). By the time I caught my breath and sat down (in the dark!) it was supper time and, guess what, nothing planned. Anyway, today has been much calmer and spent the morning picking and sorting my delicious cox eating apples. Sewing an Advent Calendar for my niece’s little boy all afternoon and lemon & herb roast chicken for dinner.
    Tomorrow will be a FD as usual – volunteer day at the gardens. Hope it’s not too hot.

@northgeorgia – I sympathise with you – eating at a friends house can be fraught with dangers – just another chocolate ginger biscuit/slice of chocolate cake … But at least you have cleared temptation out of your own home and that’s a positive move.

@funshipfreddie – methinks many of us will be looking at getting home generators with the increased cost of power in the UK. My memory is of really noisy smelly machines in the cow shed and there’s no way one of those (ancient) things is coming in my home!

@MarieElena – sounds like you had a wonderful time at the wedding and saw off your DH’s ex – well done. Your outfit sounds great – and when something fits well, you always feel so much better and self-confident.

Off to baste that chicken and pour myself a glass of lime & soda – my go-to long drink on a Sunday.

Day 12, FD, Aus

Catching up with posts. Happy Monday everyone.

Day 11 Ohio, US — NFD

Today has been a fairly ordinary Sunday — church in the morning and reading group in the afternoon. Eating a little more than TDEE, but probably 200 calories over.

@penz Happy start of the work week to you too!

@gardenlily What did your GD build with the Legos?

@northgeorgia When I travel, the same thing happens — it’s as if all holds come off the eating and anything goes. I call it my “just out of prison” syndrome, and it’s something that I really need to work on.

@mariaelena Wow! That sounds like an ideal wedding! On a day to day basis we hardly notice how much good this WOL is doing for us. And then comes a check-in with people we haven’t seen for a while, and suddenly everything comes into perspective!

@brightonbelle The quietness belies powerful fasting mojo lurking just below the surface!

@funshipfreddie I used to live in rural northern Ohio, and there almost everyone had a generator, since each winter a snow or ice storm would hit and the village would be without power for about a week. The village had been built on former swamp land and without power to keep the sump pumps going, people’s houses would flood. I am so glad to have moved away from there!

Day 12 – South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – NFD

I nailed yesterdays’s FD, but the scales were not impressed ๐Ÿ˜’

@mariaelena – welcome back!

@gardenlily – the expected energy price increases are mind-boggling. Fortunately we don’t really need central heating here, but I know what UK winters are like. And having to decide whether to eat or heat in one of the worlds wealthiest countries…?

Dr Jason Fung’s best weight loss advice. Common sense, but a good reminder…
    https://www.dietdoctor.com/my-single-best-weight-loss-tip

Gotta dash. have a good week everyone ๐ŸŽฏ

Pocket List – Day 12 ๐Ÿ„
    @penz

Day 12 UK FD

Monday reset , last week went well but the scales ainโ€™t budging but I do โ€œfeelโ€ lighter so just keep on I guess

Pocket List โ€“ Day 12 ๐Ÿ„
    @penz
    @brightonbelle

Day 12 – UK – FD

Just calling in to add to Mondays unusually short pocket list.

Pocket List โ€“ Day 12
    @penz
    @brightonbelle
    @i-hate-lettuce

Day 12 – FD 800

Thanks for the Fung link, @funshipfreddie and I had a morning coffee spit take when he said to remember the 1970โ€™s and wrote this: โ€œIf you looked at an old photograph from that era, perhaps you might be amazed at several things. First, why anybody ever thought bell bottoms were cool.โ€ – ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ But seriously, it is a great read. I do think it is a bit simplistic (Iโ€™m becoming more and more convinced individuals need individual solutions, person A might need more attention to calories and person B to when they intake the calories – because bodies and hormones are complicated!) to say just address the when we eat part of the matter โ€” but to ignore the hormonal part of the equation – as most do – is indeed why most diets fail, imo. Great read, good reminders.

And the funny thing is I seem to have intuitively known this. In college, to reduce the โ€˜freshman 15โ€™ pounds I had put on I decided not to diet, but to eat dinner at the earliest time available (5pm) and then stop. Unless it was a party or โ€˜eventโ€™ I just stopped eating for the day at about 6pm. Since I was never a big breakfast person (Iโ€™d choose the extra sleep 45 minutes over walking to the cafeteria or later, messing in the kitchen every time) I was naturally doing an intermittent fasting 16:8 life most days. It worked and so effortlessly I almost forgot that was what I was doing. But, I do remember that I just donโ€™t have the same sweet tooth that many others have – so my insulin levels probably donโ€™t spike as high as the next person with a Western diet regularly- and thus IF protocols appear to work especially well for me.

That so many struggle with weight, diet, hunger cues (not to mention impulsive and emotional eating) etc., is the best proof to me that this is complicated (hormone control (timing, spikes, effect of sleep and stress) AND calories AND energy expenditure). And diet advice that only addresses one factor – especially calories – and then shames those for whom it doesnโ€™t work is both obtuse and cruel, imo.

Now I say to myself, enough with the seriousness! Basta!

@matpi – this trip I just returned from was one of those
    All holds came off my eating and anything goes seemed to have been my mantra. I did try to temper that with a sincere attempt to make sure I had the proper amount of veg every day, but that is hard for me to do, especially when eating in restaurants. And my favourite Chicago meal – hot dog and fries – well it comes with a pickle sliver and a tiny amount of diced onion, but ๐Ÿ˜‚ not the proper amount of veg for sure! Now that Iโ€™m back, I am enjoying my regular roasted veg and/or homemade salad and dressing quite a bit – I missed them!

Joining the Monday pocketlist and this will be my first FD in three weeks, so Iโ€™m hoping it goes smoothly.

Warm wishes to all!

Pocket List โ€“ Day 12
    @penz
    @brightonbelle
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @mariaelena

Day 12 UK FD
    Day 11 CD
    Day 10 NFD

Jumping back in after a hectic / wiped out weekend. Friday was a bit bulky with red lentil pasta and 3 slices of homemade fruit & nut gf oat sodabread! Saturday was a overindulgent and bulky with 1 slice of the bread, the leftover pasta, vegan ice cream AND porridge oats, Sunday was a bit of a reset day in prep for today’s FD, more protein and less carb.

Unsurprisingly today I feel puffier and woke up feeling hungry, but immediately remembered that today is all about drinking and not eating! I’ve had water, black coffee and marmite tea today but a little more drinking ahead before zzzz

On Saturday i joined a community awayday which was a very early start for a Saturday but good to be there. On the way home I went into church to join the welcome for those in central London paying their respects to the Queen. It was a really precious way to spend a couple of hours, welcoming and listening to people who were looking for somewhere and something, so many stories. Being a central London church it’s going to be a really busy 10 days so there’s a rota of congregation to welcome,signpost and listen to people 10-12 hours a day until after the funeral.

Sunday I was wiped out and could hardly move, but quiet day and a good soak in the bath, fast asleep by 9pm. Today was slow to start but done around 9 hours of urgent stuff so that tomorrow morning I’m free help prepare a memorial service for my friend who died in July. Also got my mother coming to tea and an online book launch in the evening, with a talk to write at some point during the day. That sounds as tho it might be a good day to fast too. I’m SO glad I’ve prepped ahead for the rest of the week and cleared an extra rest day on Friday…. Onwards and thinwards!

@mariaelena welcome back! that sounds like a real eye-opener, spending time with long-distant/distanced friends. I hope you are so proud of you for the work you put into being healthier

@funshipfreddie thank you for the fung link – another interesting one

@brightonbelle that’s key i think – keeping going when we feel lighter but scales haven’t budged. I find it too easy to get demotivated and only then do i realise the progress i’ve made. Sometimes we shrink before we lose, but there’s always something good happening when we fast

@northgeorgia i also find that treats can easily become habits! A food diary is a really helpful tool for keeping track and making better progress. I look forward to sharing your learning

It’s pretty quiet round here at the moment, lots of people busy or away. Hoping we’ll hear back from @daffodil2010 @jaifaim @at and other stalwarts soon – Hope things are going okay

Pocket List โ€“ Day 12
    @penz
    @brightonbelle
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @mariaelena
    @gardenlily
    @michelinme

Day 13, NFD, Aus

Took some will power (or “won’t” power) but another successful FD yesterday. I still don’t feel in control, but.

Interesting article, @funshipfreddie and reflections @mariaelena. When I started university, I was very much an OMAD eater (dinner). I recall for a special treat – often on exam days, I would treat myself to a black olive bagel for lunch, but such snacks were rare. These days I defn eat two meals a day. I might try to revert to my old ways, because they worked.

Day 12 – USA/GA – FD

Weigh-in: 213 lbs. Forgot to post this morning, and had no idea what kind of day to make today, but I decided to try a B2B FD as it’s been a while. I’ll post my results when I awake in a few hours. Tomorrow is lunch with a colleague, so probably a regular NFD.

Day 12 Ohio, US — MFD

Today has been a good fasting day. There was an article about walking in today’s issue of The Guardian. In it a report is given about a scientific study that present compelling (at least to me) that 10, 000 steps is the optimum amount to walk each day. A couple of years ago another study seemed to show that just walking half an hour a day is the optimum amount. It seems to me that the study described in The Guardian is more compelling. So I got out my step counter and will return to counting my daily steps with a goal of 10 K steps each day. Here’s a link to the article:
    https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2022/sep/13/step-on-it-walking-is-good-for-health-but-walking-faster-is-even-better-study-finds

@penz Something I’ve been pondering is replacing the scone I eat during the Sunday reading group gathering with a plain bagel. But I’ve been thinking that a plain bagel would be too hard to eat without some sort of topping, like cream cheese or jam. Can you eat a black olive bagel plain (and enjoy it)? Which other types of bagel could be eaten plain with enjoyment?

@michelinme The amount you do is really impressive!! And you’re right — zzzz is a good way to end a FD.

@mariaelena You’re right about the importance of a person’s individual metabolism, imho. From high school on my weight stayed a constant 155 lb until I got ill and then the weight dropped to 110 lb. After I began to recover from the illness, the weight popped up to 185 lb, and it takes a lot of work to get it back down. By the way, the weight loss and the rebound are not unusual for chronic fatigue syndrome.

@ihatelettuce Thanks for calling in! The list is slowly getting longer!

@brightonbelle Keeping on going is the secret, indeed. I definitely believe that this WOL is an example of a game in which the only way to lose the game is to stop playing!

@funshipfreddie Thanks for the link to the Fung article. I like his emphasis on the role of hormones, food, and timing. Even on the so-called “Twinkie” diet, the calorie restriction was enough to ensure a time restriction as well.

Pocket List โ€“ Day 12
    @penz
    @brightonbelle
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @mariaelena
    @gardenlily
    @michelinme
    @matpi

Day 13 – South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – NFD

@matpi – great article re walking & 10,000 steps. The fireworks go off on my Fitbit at 8500, so now I’m thinking I should reset it. I often go over 10,000 steps anyway. But I’m surprised the article never mentioned spreading out those 10,000 steps over a few hours. I can’t help wondering – if I went out in the morning & walked for a couple of hours; then came home & spent most of the day slumped in an armchair – just how much better off would I be compared to someone who did little to no exercise?

Lovely day here. 18ยฐ C, but clear blue sky, so I’m off for a looong walk & a leisurely lunch๐Ÿšถโ€โ™‚๏ธ

Day 13 UK NFD

Horrid grey rainy weather here today , but apparently itโ€™s only for a couple of days and then we get the sun back , good for the garden to get a bit of rain

Off for an eye test later , I was planning to walk in and get my 10k in but weโ€™ll see might need to drive in

Have a good one all

Day 13 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 210 lbs. Breaking fast today; yay! Will try not to go crazy with it. Just a light breaking this morning, especially after two days of B2B WFDs! A handful of nuts, and a banana now help to settle the tummy before lunchtime hits.

Day 13, FD, Scotland

Well this is a first for me, a fast day on a Tuesday, but here goes! Im unsure whether to do Tuesday/Wednesday,or Tuesday/Thursday, i will see how I feel tomorrow. Ive never did consecutive days.Body attack after work.

Lets go Tuesday fasters!!!

Pocket List
    @goal10kg

Day 13 – Rural Nebraska, USA – WFD

Hello, everyone! My sisters and I had a lovely time together, and it’s even lovelier to be home again. I ate decently and am up only a single pound, so today’s WF will hopefully dispense with that.

I tried to read everyone’s posts while I was gone, but didn’t manage entirely, so I’ll need to catch up later, after I’ve finished unpacking and putting away and so on…there’s always lots to do after a trip, huh?

I just want to add that I found out the news on my layover when flying down to San Antonio, and I was so astonished to find my eyes immediately filled with tears. Such a grand woman, and such a huge change for so many. It’s been fascinating to see the coverage of the events on TV; my sisters and I didn’t have much time to watch, but there was lots of coverage, even here in the states.

So that’s my chatter for this morning. More later or tomorrow!

Pocket List, Day 13
    @goal10kg
    @stitchincarol WF

Day 13 UK FD

I managed a WFD with just marmite tea, black decaf coffee, ginger tea and fizzy water – yay! it was wonderful to wake up this morning and feel my fat suit had shrunk in the last 24 hours. I’m back down to where I was last Friday, at 173lb.

Today is full on and it makes sense to have another FD, tho more likely a FD500 or 800 than a WFD. Thus far tho I’m finding fasting energy and brain boost is really helpful. I’ve got thru the memorial service planning, which left me really moved and sad, and production planning for tonight’s book launch – phew! My mother is due for tea any moment then I have 3 hours to write my piece for this evening and relax until later. I’m hoping it will all be straightforward once i get started!!!

It’s funny how fasting becomes easier when you do it! And definitely easier for me to have non-food fast days. Going with what works, and going with the flow.

Doorbell!

Day 13 – UK-Cam, NFD
    Yesterday’s FD went well, at least the fasting bit did – otherwise I was stung, scratched, bitten and then rained on – but I still enjoyed the day’s gardening AND finished my section of the ‘jungle’ (aka long border). Relaxed in a long hot bubble bath and had lamb & lentil bake with greens for supper before crawling off to bed, utterly worn out. Best way to tackle a FD!
    Today I have been back on the Lego front, DD had hospital appt so I did school run and stayed on to play with GD. We have created a large Lego town with a thriving community – today’s session revolved around elections for the government and law & order issues (I should add that GD is autistic and our game involves a lot of role playing) so we were exploring very topical issues, although I do keep forgetting which characters I am playing! I think I ate sensibly but have a glass of wine with supper – I needed it!

@matpi – plain bagel? Well I love the raisin & cinnamon ones, just toasted on their own. But do check the calorie count on the bagel – I think they are quite high? You could try one of the rice cake variations – over here M&S do a great milk chocolate topped one that is about 80 cals per cake.

@funshipfreddie – I love the idea of fireworks from my step counter! I shall dig out mine and start using it again – no fireworks unfortunately. I have not been quite so active recently and that may be the reason the scales are being a bit ‘sticky’. (or is it perhaps the evening nibbles on NFD???) Tomorrow is a busy allotment day so should easily clock up the 10,000 steps ๐Ÿ™‚

Day 14, NFD, Aus

Iโ€™m donating blood today; had to change my appointments so many times that I completely misaligned this with my new Wed FD. Oh well. Maybe I can do OMAD instead.

@matpi โ€“ I think if the bagel is fresh enough, and you donโ€™t mind a bit of extra chewing, a bagel with nothing on it is completely doable. I quite liked the saltiness of the olive bagel and didnโ€™t feel the need for any topping. Give it a go!

So true, @michelinme โ€œItโ€™s funny how fasting becomes easier when you do it!โ€ Practice makes perfect! Just gotta focus on control for those NFDsโ€ฆ

Day 13 Ohio, US — NFD

Definitely a super busy day with my online university class for an hour at midday and a three-hour long online personal enrichment course this evening. So far I’ve only gotten about 6600 steps in, so I’ll need to work on 3400 more after I get done here. Back during a former round of step counting, I sometimes did a step-up routine with a six-inch tall step and sometimes I used my sitting elliptical. I’ve often wondered if one is better than the other. Does anyone have any insights about this?

@penz Thanks for the feedback about the bagel. It would be nice to shift to bagels, since the scone has about 540 calories while the bagel about 260. And of course putting butter or cream cheese or jam would negate the calorie difference!

@gardenlily I am always amazed how much imagination Legos generate in children!

@michelinme Congratulations on making that weight fluctuation completely temporary! You are wonderfully productive!! It looks as though the WFD really helps with the energy levels!

@stitchincarol Sounds like you had a good visit with your sisters! And sometimes the after-trip unpacking and clothes washing, etc., can almost take as much time as did the trip!

@goal10kg I’ve never been able to do B2B fast days. I know that most people on this forum have done them to great advantage. So whatever you choose will work out just the way it should!

@northgeorgia Definitely the weight is coming back down. Keep up the good work!

@brightonbelle Hope the eye test went well!

@funshipfreddie I agree with you about the importance of spreading out the steps. I usually set myself hourly quotas to help me do that: 1,000 steps by 1 pm, 2,000 steps by 2 pm, 3,000 steps by 3 pm, etc.

Day 14 โ€“ Wednesdayโ€“ Gold Coast Queensland Australia โ€“ (NFD)๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒบ

Helloooooo everyone, sorry I’ve been missing in action for a few days. Life has suddenly become very complicated and feeling overwhelmed and so tired.

Visitor arrived from NZ last Friday to stay for a bit (she is ex-neighbour who now lives in NZ). There are some complications as her marriage is failing and she is needing some refuge and to download her predicament ….. so employing my listening ear but mouth shut skills. Really that is all I can do at this point, just to let her talk and then I suppose later she’ll start to think about the way forward. But for now, just to listen is all that is needed and that’s what galpals do.๐Ÿ˜Š

Also on Friday discovered major leak in my new kitchen under the sink! Epic fail of very expensive Blanco Silgranit Pull Out Mixer Tap, the leak tracking down from the faucet/hose into the cabinetry.๐Ÿ˜ฌ Why do these things only happen on a Friday or weekend when it is impossible to get a tradesperson? Murphy’s law… Fortunately under warranty still… yay! Blanco call centre took the details and said they’ll have their service department call me FIRST thing Monday morning… ha ha ha ha … but don’t get my own plumber as will void the warranty…. ha ha ha ha! ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿฅด๐Ÿ˜ต. Put buckets into cupboard and emptying regularly. Mid morning on Monday I followed up with a call to Blanco to be told that it would be 3-4 weeks! ha ha ha ha ha!๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜… a full and frank discussion ensued! Faucet and hose replaced on Tuesday.โœ…

Still trying to work in between all of this and getting further and further behind and distracted with everything going on. Honestly I feel just so very tired and thinking how @michelinme ๐Ÿคฉ was able to plan some ‘me-time’and just did it. Really just want to crawl into bed and pull up the covers. Rant over! Now I’ll just get on with it for now.

Ok, on the positive front, I’ve maintained my WOL and completed my FDs as per plan. Scale stable. At least that is one thing under my control.โœ…

Also had a very physical day on Sunday spring cleaning the deck with visitor watching on (she has an injury) as I scrubbed the decking, attended to the neglected potted plants, tidying up, pulling down the old fairy lights, and three trips to Bunnings (do you have Bunnings in the UK?) Man at Bunnings suggested I tape up the leaking hose and faucet with self-fusing silicone tape as a stop-gap measure. Worked fine until turned on tap when the silicon expanded with the water under pressure like a balloon๐ŸŽˆ and then… exploded….. ha ha ha ha! ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚ Mop up kitchen. If it wasn’t so funny, you’d cry! ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜

@matpi I have an idea for you…. being coeliac, when I go to morning teas, meetings etc I take along some homemade mini egg, asparagus, cheddar frittatas.
    https://www.today.com/recipes/mini-asparagus-cheddar-frittatas-recipe-t123178
    The beauty of them is that they don’t have flour (ie gluten free) and are also high protein as opposed to high carbs. Ideal for us and tasty too. You could make some egg and bacon, or egg and mushroom too. You can make in advance and freeze too. Scones, bagels etc are high calorie and full of carbs. Just a thought….

cheerie dearies (thanks for listening!)

THOUGHT: ๐Ÿค”
    Take Control With Others
    Taking control of whatever it is that youโ€™re choosing in 2022 shouldnโ€™t be a solo journey. We need connection and we need to feel as if we are not alone in our struggles. Whether itโ€™s wanting to drink less, eat better, improve health, get organized, change careers, become body positive, or whatever your goal is when it comes to choosing you in 2022 โ€“ find support and a community to be your backup. 108 days left to choose you

Day 14 UK FD

Need to swap my usual Thursday to Wednesday FD this week

Had to google them but no I donโ€™t believe we do have Bunnings here @linda.b I can relate to your plumbing woes , weโ€™ve had a few recently the worse being a slow drip that had obviously been there for years before it appeared as a brown stain on the kitchen ceiling , that needed a bedroom floor to be taken up to enable the plumbers to fix so I hope your issues are resolved for good soon

Happy ๐Ÿซ day all

Pocket list day 14 ๐Ÿ‘‘
    @brightonbelle

Day 14 – South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – FD

@linda.b – so sorry to hear of your trials & tribulations?! No Bunnings here either, but we’ve got Builders Warehouse & Mica. But great job on sticking to your FDs despite everything you’ve been going through! ๐Ÿ’ช

@michelinme – fasting really does get easier, like exercise in a way. If it’s done regularly it’s no big deal. But skip a week or so, & just the thought of getting back into it can seem daunting.

Funny story about a prank Prince Harry once played on the Queen. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-11206201/Hilarious-voicemail-Prince-Harry-recorded-Queen-saying-Wassup-Liz-revealed.html

Happy Hump Day! ๐Ÿซ

@brightonbelle – joining you for a Wednesday FD

Pocket list day 14 ๐Ÿ‘‘
    @brightonbelle
    @funshipfreddie

Day 14 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 215 lbs. (A 5-lb bloat gain) Should be doing an OMAD today, but did a B2B FD already this week and planning on another FD tomorrow, so not too worried. Must behave a bit better though. Most of the meals were OK, but I did have a small Wendy’s chocolate Frosty gifted to me, and I ate the whole thing at 8:30 pm…

Anyway, doing a ZBC this morning and now off to work.

Day 14 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD

Yesterday’s WF didn’t entirely succeed. I did swerve any dramatic indulgence, but was so hungry, I bought some cauliflower during a break in the day and broke off pieces to eat raw, LOL. When I got home at 8pm, I was just not as comfortable as I usually am, so had about 200 calories worth of macadamia nuts, savoring the saltiness with each nut. So, not a success, but still a success, if you get what I mean.

As I type, I’m watching the procession of the queen’s casket. Amazing to watch.

@songbirdme I just read your post where you said to have fun and “let loose” with my sisters. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚ We did indeed let loose, LOL, not only with typical sisterly squabbles but also with loads of pinochle, many memories, lots of laughter, and fun.

And I’d like to add this bit of information: One of my sisters (we’re 80, 79, 70, and 63) has broken her leg and her hip over the years, and one leg is a bit over an inch shorter than the other, requiring her to wear special shoes that have a thicker sole. She lost 70 pounds several years ago, but still carries about 60 extra pounds (I’m guessing, based on her shape) and looks and acts like a 79 year old, as opposed to the 80yo birthday girl who looks and acts younger. Plus, the 79yo uses a walker–REQUIRES a walker, I should say. Our first day there began around 4pm on Thursday, and we walked about 6K steps together…except that I pushed the one sister as she sat on the seat of her walker, because it was too, too far for her and she was exhausted. She sure slept well that night, however! On Friday, she struggled, but I didn’t need to push her very often; again she slept well. On Saturday, she did better. On Sunday, I suddenly pointed out that she was walking FAR better than she had before then, both because she was more upright and because she was walking far faster than she had been. She was reluctant to admit that she was walking better, and to admit how much better she was sleeping having had so much exercise, but we know our sister well enough to know it’s true. I so hope she continues to make the effort to get out and MOVE so that she doesn’t deteriorate physically any faster than her health problems dictate, because the fact that she improved after only a few days is mind-boggling to me! Okay, enough family details. ๐Ÿ˜œ

@mariaelena Your trip to family and for the wedding sounds so wonderful, and I’m delighted for you. And will you share the link for those shoes here as well???

@linda.b Deep sympathies on your plumbing issues, but huge congratulations on your conversation that got results on Tuesday! Is all okay now??

I’m going out tonight with those same three galpals (thanks to @linda.b for the term!), so am trying to figure out the right balance of eating today so I’m not ravenous when we meet up, but also don’t end up eating far too much over the day. Always a challenge!

Have a grand one, everyone!

Pocket list day 14 ๐Ÿ‘‘
    @brightonbelle
    @funshipfreddie

Day 14 – FD 800

The weather has improved so I can once again take walks. Yay, but so boring here where I live that I need some new podcasts to keep me entertained.

@linda.b the phrase โ€˜it never rains but it poursโ€™ came to mind, and you are a very good friend. Hope everything gets sorted out soon!

@stitchincarol S.A. is one of my favourite places, sounds like you enjoyed yourselves! I will be there for a weekend this fall for alumni weekend at my university.

@gardenlily Even at my age I still enjoy Lego building and role play! It sounds like you two have a wonderful relationship!

Joining pocketlist ๐Ÿ˜€

Pocket list day 14 ๐Ÿ‘‘
    @brightonbelle
    @funshipfreddie
    @mariaelena

Day 14 – Ireland ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช – NFD

Popping in to say a quick hello, and then I dint think I can post until the end of the month. We are off in our camper van for two weeks of freedom and I really need this downtime.

Great to catch up with everyone and @matpi you are truly a great host โ˜บ๏ธ

See you all at the end of the month ๐Ÿš๐Ÿ’ƒ

Day 14 FD

Unexpected FD today – that’s b2b2b!

It was a full on day and i didn’t eat lunch at lunchtime, then straight out for church community event and back at 9pm! I got thru the day on black coffee, marmite tea and fizzy water but had a late supper of cauliflower, green bean & spinach curry with noodles – which I’d thought were rice and turned out to be wheat. I’m very sneezy and feeling a bit sick as gluten/wheat are not my friends, and likely to hit a bit harder after fasting for 3 days. O well – read the small print more carefully next time.

On the bright side fasting really does feel simple now I’m back in the swing – AT LAST! Altho Saturday included sugar and carbs, Sunday’s more protein & veg day helped Monday’s WFD, which made FD500 so easy on Tues/Weds. It’s as tho the sensible voice in my head has turned up the volume, and i’ve got this! I can’t wait to be under 12 stone, tho my next mini goal is under 170lb.

@stitchincarol your sister’s exercise sounded promising. We so easily get into habits of what we ‘can’ do, it’s helpful to have these times that stretch us to show us what could be possible

@matpi that sounds like an exhausting day

@linda.b sorry to hear about your kitchen woes – well done in persevering when brushed off! And isn’t it amazing how much we can get done when friends are round chatting? I find my mother’s visits really productive ๐Ÿ™‚

@daffodil2010 hope you have a wonderful holiday! x

Pocket list day 14 ๐Ÿ‘‘
    @brightonbelle
    @funshipfreddie
    @mariaelena
    @michelinme

Day 15, NFD, Aus

Iโ€™ve been donating blood for over 25 years and never had a problem. I have great veins โ€“ lots to choose from and they โ€˜popโ€™ up nicely. But yesterday the nurse put the needle straight through the vein and my arm immediately started to swell up. Thatโ€™s ok, I said, just use the other arm. Oh no, I was told, because they had already started to take blood, it was considered a donation. But I know they didnโ€™t get enough to do anyone any good. Wasted opportunity and I feel very sad for someone who needed a blood transfer and may not get one. ๏Œ

Still not in the right headspace re 5:2. Itโ€™s the middle of September and if anything, Iโ€™ve been putting on weight. Not losing a gram. Grrrrr. I know what Iโ€™m doing wrong but cannot seem to come up with the right game plan, inner-talk, routine, whatever.

Listening can be so exhausting!! You are such a good friend, @linda_b. But I can so imagine you fired up over the phone to get your tap sorted โ€“ well done! Hope all the leaks havenโ€™t damaged the cabinetry. How goes your house hunting?

I had a funny moment re our transatlantic English language the other day. An American colleague had over done things at a work function and I said to him โ€œI hear you pulled up rather poorly.โ€ The look on his face was priceless. Pulled up? What, a galloping horse? My socks? By the police? Poorly? What? Iโ€™m not poor!!

Day 15 โ€“ Thursday โ€“ Gold Coast Queensland Australia โ€“ FUN DAY (FD)๐Ÿ…๐Ÿ†๐Ÿฅฆ๐Ÿฅฌ๐Ÿฅ’๐Ÿฅ‘๐Ÿ„๐Ÿฅ•๐ŸŒถ๐Ÿฅฆ๐Ÿฅฆ๐Ÿฅฆ

Yes, plumbing sorted but obsessively checking the cupboard under the sink๐Ÿง, just in case!๐Ÿ’ฆ๐Ÿ’ฆ

@daffodil2010 – we are all ๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’š with envy… enjoy your trip…can’t wait to hear all about it!

@stitchincarol … your sisterly get-together sounded wonderful! ๐Ÿฅฐ

Gotta go… back tomorrow, have a lovely day everyone!๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป

cheerie dearies

THOUGHT:
    You are what you eatโ€ฆ. No this does not mean you can eat a skinny person!

Pocket list day 15 ๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿด๐Ÿด๐Ÿด
    @linda.b

Day 14 Ohio, US — NFD

On target all day today. I did get all 10 K steps in yesterday, and need 2400 more today. There was an interesting article in today’s Washington Post about “active couch potatoes”. A Finnish study seems to indicate that doing 30 minutes of activity a day, as many authorities recommend, and doing nothing more will not achieve health goals. To people who do that, the study’s researchers gave the above-mentioned name. To get health benefits one needs about 120 more minutes of light activity. This may be why it seemed to me that just the 30 minutes walk each day didn’t seem to help that much with weight control. Here’s a link to the article: https://www.washingtonpost.com/wellness/2022/09/14/meet-active-couch-potato-how-sitting-all-day-can-erase-workout/

@linda.b I love your quote! Does that mean I can eat a “Slim Jim”? That recipe for the mini fritatas is great! Thanks for sharing it! The problem with eating during our Sunday reading group is that we meet at what would be called in Canada a pรขtisserie. Since our meetings go for 2 or 3 hours, I feel obligated to purchase something just as a way of saying thanks for letting us take up the space for so long.

@penz I regularly donate blood also. Last winter I donated platelets and the Red Cross started calling me three or four times a day to donate platelets again. I finally had to block their number. I’d like to donate again, but really dread the phone call repercussions of doing so.

@michelinme FD-cubed. Truly impressive!

@daffodil2010 Have great van travels!

@mariaelena On my walks I practice with language audiofiles. That way there’s exercise for both body and mind!

@stitchincarol Savoring food is something that really comes into play in a major way on FD’s. I’ve been amazed that it takes me longer to eat a 150 calorie meal on a FD, than to eat a regular meal on a NFD. I’ve been trying to carry that skill over to NFD’s, and that is still a work in progress.

@northgeorgia For me a good milkshake is running, not walking, down the primrose path!

@funshipfreddie That’s a great story about the voicemail. I think my Westie often longed to take over my cellphone and have all calls go through him. Fortunately he never quite got the hang of working the buttons on the phone.

Day 15 – UK – Cam – FD
    Quick post, busy day. Just off out with dog before getting DH to Dr for bloods – he’s back on meds again, and hospital appt on Monday 19th now in jeopardy! Meeting this afternoon and need to climb the ironing mountain before snow settles on the top.

Def a good day for fasting – tuna salad for lunch and veg bake for supper should fit in under 500 and if it’s 800, so be it. Should be a 16/8 whatever, possibly an 18/6.

Good luck to everyone else on an FD today, thinking of you!
    Pocket List
    @linda.b
    @gardenlily

Day 15 – South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – NFD

Hump Day FD went splendidly. Didn’t quite manage 10,000 steps. But I did visit penguins at SANCCOB, a place that rescues & rehabilitates sick seabirds, & then went to see the Cape Recife Lighthouse.

@daffodil2010 – happy camping! ๐Ÿš

@matpi – great article from the Washington Post! That’s exactly what I was alluding to the other day, even when exercising for a lot longer than 30 minutes. Prolonged sitting is the real culprit. https://theheartfoundation.org/2019/08/10/is-sitting-the-new-smoking/

Sending RESOLVE to today’s fasters ๐ŸŽฏ

Day 15 – USA/GA – FD

Weigh-in: 218 lbs and feeling bloated. Bleck. Should have let myself do another OMAD, but I didn’t. Anyway, it’s a FD today. I have to work this Saturday, so I guess the stress is adding in, too. Will try to get out of the office to get some fresh air and some “steps in.”

Pocket List
    @linda.b
    @gardenlily
    @northgeorgia

Day 15 – Rural Nebraska, USA – WFD

Last night was so fun with my galpals, and I’m not up but perhaps a half pound, so today’s WF will dispense with that.

@daffodil2010 Have a grand time away with your hubby!

@matpi I can help you with those Red Cross phone calls, as I used to be a blood drive coordinator (until piano lessons interfered): make an appointment for a drive (either online or on the app on your smart phone) and then at the drive you attend, make another for the NEXT drive, and that should take care of most of the calls, because they’ll know you can’t give any sooner anyway. And if you do get another call, ask them to put you on the do-not-call list, and that will take care of it. Explaining that was how I got lots of people to make appointments in advance, LOL. The only call you’ll get is one reminding you of the appointment, and if you can’t make it after all, then you’ll already have someone on the phone who can change the details to whenever does work.

@funshipfreddie What a fun day yesterday you described!

@northgeorgia Your weight is currently bouncing around as much as mine was last month; I know how disheartening that is.

@penz I’m really sad for you that your mojo has up and gone. You did so well when hosting; was it that, or was it the dry month you did at the same time? Do you need to host another month to get back in the groove? My mojo is only visible and entirely successful on two days a week, so I’m only barely doing better than you are!

Pocket List
    @linda.b
    @gardenlily
    @northgeorgia
    @stitchincarol WF

Day 15 – 16:8

How quickly time moves this month!

@matpi – I was going to post that article as well! I found it very interesting!

Have little time today, cats vet check up visits today!

Be well, all!

Day 15 UK FD800

I have ‘fasted’ today. As in, I had awful digestion after last night’s wheat noodles so concentrated on rehydration then got bogged down in tons of emails & phone call and didn’t remember to eat! But that’ll do me for a OMAD early supper and early night.

I dived through autumnal drawers earlier today – so to speak ๐Ÿ™‚ – and found that very few autumn clothes fit me yet… I’m still about 4lbs up on where i was in November 2020 and not a clue what I wore last autumn! But weight and size don’t always correlate. I recall that on my previous 5:2 journey (from 178lb Dec 2017 – 148lb Aug 2018) I plateau’d for around 3 months without losing a lb but went down 2 dress sizes. Something is always changing with 5:2 but it’s not always the stuff we measure.

DD is coming to stay for the long weekend having just started her radiotherapy. It’ll be just lovely to see her

@penz getting our heads on track in 95% of the work. Having finally landed mine after a long tussle I can feel the click and how much easier things are – I hope yours starts to cooperate soon

@stitchincarol is there no end to your knowledge?! Good to learn about blood drives, thank you ๐Ÿ™‚

@matpi well done on the steps! I’d love to know about your language audiofiles – what do you listen to?

Pocket List
    @linda.b
    @gardenlily
    @northgeorgia
    @stitchincarol WF
    @michelinme FD800

Day 15, FD, Scotland

Hi everyone, late check in for me, I had a new dinner tonight and it was a winner, I think I’ll have it both nights next week! Chicken sausages! They are smaller in size than our usual bangers, but only 60 cals for 2 of them! They are a totally different texture, but for a fast day verrrry filling. I had 4 of them with that brocolli with the long stems, a few spoons of baked beans with curry powder mixed through! I chopped up the sausages and brocolli and mixed it all up with the curried beans and it was very enjoyable! Heck chicken sausages if anyone is interested, can get them in the supermarket. I grilled them so they had that nice charred flavour too.

Day 16, NFD, Aus

Thanks for that article, @matpi; loved the embedded video of the fellow drinking a glass of wine and doing bicep curls. I could do that! And what a terrible way to lose a blood donor by spam calling you!

Ah youโ€™re a good salesperson @stitchincarol! I am most definitely not in the right headspace for hosting! But if your mojo is also wavering, perhaps we could co-host? (NOT a serious suggestion.)

Have a good weekend everyone!

Day 15 Ohio, US — MFD

The fasting has gone well today. My step count is 8870, so fewer steps will be needed later this evening.

@goal10kg Small sausages sound like a great way to add variety to the FD cuisine. I’ve often looked for vegetarian sausages that I could eat but haven’t been able to find any yet. I’m sensitive to onions and it seems as though everyone believes that all vegetarians love onions, because it’s almost impossible to find prepared vegetarian foods without onions or onion powder.

@michelinme I make my own audiofiles, since I have my own method of selecting material for practicing with. Before the pandemic hit, I could easily get 3 hours of week of language practice in just by doing my daily driving. Slowly I’m getting back to that.

@mariaelena Hope the cats did well at the vets! Are your cats able to tolerate car travel?

@stitchincarol Those are excellent ideas! Last time I donated platelets, and I have a couple of questions about that. If a person donates whole blood, can’t the platelets just be separated out? If not, is one type of donation better than the other?
    And it is amazing how the mojo can kick in for two days a week and leave us hanging for the other five!

@northgeorgia Fresh air can really help to reduce stress! I also think that just the steady rhythm of walking has a magical soothing effect.

@funshipfreddie Thanks for the article from the heart foundation! In my book the only advantage sitting has over smoking is that it smells a lot less.

@gardenlily Hope everything gets sorted out for your DH! Here snow doesn’t settle on the ironing, it’s a very fine dust. They have been doing so much construction in the neighborhood the last few years, that it produces a very fine gray dust that goes just everywhere. I can dust a table and an hour later it’s covered again. I have an air purifier going non-stop, and I dread to think what things would be like without it!

@penz You’re right — that video was a gas. Sipping wine and lifting weights — what could go wrong?

Pocket List
    @linda.b
    @gardenlily
    @northgeorgia
    @stitchincarol WF
    @michelinme FD800
    @goal10kg
    @matpi

Day 16 – UK-Cam, NFD
    Friday weigh-in day = down another lb to 141! Obviously scaling the ironing mountain helped – it kept me busy! Yesterday’s FD went well, keeping busy does help as you just don’t have time to think about eating and although the vegetable bake definitely took the daily total over 500 (the cream cheese sauce was sooooo tasty) it filled me up so no evening nibbles.

Quiet day today, bit of shopping and dog walking – need to get step counter going to check I am hitting the 8 to 10,000 per day. Doing a mile each evening with the dog as well as the 1 hr in the mornings does help top up the daily score but, being a dog walk, means it is not continuous striding out!

Orchard harvest going well – the pears are just ripe enough to munch as you work – bit of a temptation but, like apples, they are 100% not chocolate!

Good luck to everyone on a Friday Fast Day

Day 16 – UK – FD

Very busy days and yesterdays FD wasn’t going to happen, a lot of hard heavy work to do, so going to add myself to the pocket list today.

@matpi – Re 10k steps, quite some time ago rather than spend time on a long walks I started my MOAM walks. From leaving home it’s a steady uphill walk to the top of the village, a level wander across the top, then a long pull up a steep hill! Turning round and ‘rest’ back down the hill and a circular route back home. Takes about 20 minutes, about 3k steps, but the secret is walking at a good pace (they’re still called Man On A Mission walks by folk who see me !) Twice a day and it worked better than the 10k or longer walks, the secret is speed ๐Ÿ˜‰ those combined with 2 FD’s per week accounted for my most consistent period of weight loss.

Take care all

Pocket list Day 16
    @i-hate-lettuce

Day 16 – South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – NFD

Just checking in for accountability. Busy busy….

Happy Fri-yay y’all ๐Ÿท

Day 16 โ€“ Friday โ€“ Gold Coast Queensland Australia โ€“ (NFD) ๐ŸŽ ๐ŸŽ ๐ŸŽ ๐ŸŽ ๐ŸŽ ๐ŸŽ 

Yesterday’s FD went well and today has been busy. Still trying to catch-up on work and feeling quite overwhelmed with it all at the moment with a few added household projects on the go as well. I realise I need to get the house in ‘order’ before I can think about selling. After 26 years here it is a big job and will take months of weekends.

My friend in need has decided she’ll return home to NZ, so I respect her decision as only she can make it. But at least she’s had a little time to stop, reflect and rest in a safe place. As we all know life is not perfect nor fair and we each have to tread our own path.๐Ÿ‘ผ

So, the weekend is ahead, and now, that spring has well and truly sprung, I’m enjoying some more salad type foods…… Still no alcohol… finding it quite easy even though my visitor was quaffing quite a bit, it didn’t bother me at all to settle in with my wine glass full of ice and water with a couple of slices of lemon.

cheerie dearies๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒป

Thought:๐ŸŽˆ
    Dear Stomach, youโ€™re bored not hungry. So shush for just one day!โ€ผ

BTW: Tomorrow (17th September) is my 3 month anniversary of reaching goal weight…. yay! ๐Ÿฅณ๐Ÿฅณ๐Ÿฅณ … so far, so goodโœจ๐ŸŽ‡โœจ

Viewing 50 posts - 101 through 150 (of 279 total)

You must be logged in to reply.