What is the right diet for you?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
What is the right diet for you?

This topic contains 58 replies, has 52 voices, and was last updated by  bcjmmac 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 51 through 62 (of 62 total)

• Hi kim,

If you are a sugar addict then its most likely that your liver is not function correctly. I am excluding a psychological addiction and assuming the “addiction” is physiological. It will take several months before your liver will be functioning well and able to access stored fats easily. The Atkins diet does not exclude carbs! You cant survive on meat and eggs alone! To get your macro and micro nutrients you need to include (carbs) veggies (and to a lesser extent fruit). Choose from the cruciferous vegetables and avoid the starchy ones like potatoes. Broccoli, cabbage, bok choy, cauliflower, turnips, brussel sprouts etc. If your not hungry don’t eat! The concept of 3 meals a day is plainly wrong and is a modern marketing phenomenon. You eat when youre hungry. Its that simple.

You can look into Perfect Health Diet – Jaminet, to see if it fits you.
    http://perfecthealthdiet.com/the-diet/

Generally speaking, if you are eating 80% healthy / natural foods (fruits, resistant starch (potatoes, rice) included), at the end of the day, if you lose / gain will depend also on the total calories you eat. You can gain weight in ANY diet you choose, if you eat more than your body needs (your TDEE).

If you do not like counting calories, to be sure that on a weekly basis you have a caloric deficit of 3.500-4.000 calories / week, to lose around 2 kg / month, you can try what you feel it’s doable for you:
    – lower your portions with 20% or
    – eat only 2 meals a day, in a maximum 6 hours interval or
    – 5 days a week eat as you eat now (3 meals – maintaining), 2 days eat only one meal. (5:2 diet)

What a great thread. Thank you all.

I’m convinced two consec days/800 cals of fasting will work for me, so that’s what I’m doing. I am definitely a constant craver.

Very helpful discussion. It may be more helpful if you have this awesome health and fitness support which I use. See here what is yours https://goo.gl/Z4oWym

I watched “What’s the Right Diet for You” today. Great find!

I can be emotional eating sometimes. I need to find better ways.

Well, as long as you stick to one diet or the other … but this is about 5:2 and other versions of intermittent fasting. Not sure the Mediterranean fits into that. Perhaps you could tell me how?

Hi Wagner:

The Med diet is not necessarily a weight loss diet – it is a generic diet (like high fat/low carb) that will have you eating a certain group of food types and not others.

5:2 is a calorie based diet, not a food type based diet. So you can eat anything you want on 5:2 as long as you stay within the calorie guidelines (5/600 or less on diet days, TDEE or below on non-diet days). So you can eat a Med diet while following 5:2.

Good Luck!

I’m 25 days into the fast diet and finding it a good simple system to fit into my lifestyle. I lost 3 stone on the weight watchers diet a few years ago but 2 stone back on now and the constant weighing and counting drove me mad .
    Starting weight was 15st 5lb down to 14st 7.5lb today. I lost some weight on the 8/16 diet but tended to over eat in the 8 hour window. I put the two diets together which means I don’t eat at all till midday every day just drink coffee and water then simple food like soup and fruit try to stay away from carbs as much as possible and a sensible evening meal with portion control the aim. Exercise I’ve never been a lover of it but I’m doing 30 mins 6 night a week on a rowing machine in the house as soon as I get in from work, Sundays 1 to 2 hours on my mountain bike. I’ve tried gyms but there not for me I always feel the time I spend going to the gym I could of done my exercise. It’s early days for me but it does feel like a lifestyle rather than a diet.
    There is so much junk food in your face today it’s a real challenge to stay clear of it.
    I wouldn’t dream of coming to work without the food I’m going to eat on that particular day due to all the temptations.
    Good luck to all whatever your goals are.

As an author, practitioner and trainer in hypnotherapy I have found this to be a powerful tool to help emotional eaters which I believe to be the most common reasons for ever eating. Once the emotional issues are resolved being in control of eating is easy

@steve – I agree that all the counting and watching of calories drives one to madness. I also find fasting very effective and easy.

@doclea – totally uninterested with someone playing mind games with me. We have a system here that really works and is simple to do. The best part is it is even cheaper than free because you save money and time when you don’t fast. I’m pretty sure hypnotherapy can’t beat that!

Did the test & I’m mainly a feaster with constant craving tendencies. I have a sweet tooth, which I long ago realized can only be controlled by avoiding sugary foods, etc. If I have one donut I’ll want 5 more/will crave sugar for a while. I also tend to eat until I’m stuffed – combat by portion control, slowing down & eating bulky lo-cal foods.

So, watched the series. Science part was interesting. I realize it was a reality show but found some of the “gymicks” counter productive, and some of the “definitive statements” open to question.
    First – gymicks. Did they really have to give people 700 kcal slices of cake to prove that you eat more if you think the food has fewer calories? For those that didn’t see it; 1 group told 200 kcal/slice, other told truth. First group ate more – duh! I would have gone into a sugar crave if that happened to me. IAC, they could have used a more appropriate food for people trying to lose weight – something a bit healthier perhaps? In general, I found the foods they used for their “tests” inappropriate (cheese burgers, all fried breakfast, cake) but that’s just me – not sure what I should expect from a “reality show”.
    Second – statements such as “75% of successful dieters eat breakfast”! Really, says who? Where does that stat come from? I’ve read articles, research based, which show that you shouldn’t eat until you’re hungry/eating breakfast just because you’re supposed to can boost your total caloric intake for the days for many, if not a majority of people. Again, I’m likely too picky but things like that make me question everything that the show is attempting to achieve.

Viewing 12 posts - 51 through 62 (of 62 total)

You must be logged in to reply.