Recipes for Mediterranean folks

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Food Recipes
Recipes for Mediterranean folks

This topic contains 0 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  fasting_me 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• I’m Italian. I bought the book some years ago but I haven’t started started because I had difficulty with the food used in the recipes. It is difficult to find it and it is far from my food habit. Is there in the forum anyone from my country or Mediterranean country that is following this diet and can give me some advice?

Nicla, what difficulty are you having? If it boils down to pasta and bread, you can eat those on Slow Days.
    Here’s a recipe for you to try:

Chicken Parmesan: 238 calories 2.6 g fat 4.7 g fiber 31 g protein 11.4 g carbs 242.5 mg Calcium PG GF – if using GF bread At last! The restaurant classic made suitable for Fasters. And it is delicious.
    3-½ oz raw chicken breast meat, boneless, skinless 1 Tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated 1 tsp dried oregano and/or thyme ¼ oz whole-grain breadcrumbs, fresh not dried 1 Tbsp milk ¼ cup marinara sauce, homemade or jarred ¾ oz mozzerella, grated 2 Tbsp low-fat cottage cheese 1 cup baby greens + ½ oz grated carrots + ½ tsp olive oil + ½ tsp red wine vinegar
    Heat the toaster oven to 350F. Spritz an oven-proof pan with non-stick spray or olive oil. Pour the milk onto a small plate. On another plate combine the Parmesan, herbs, and bread crumbs with salt and pepper. Cream the other two cheeses together until well-combined. Dip the chicken in the milk on both sides. Dredge the chicken in the crumb/cheese mixture to coat it completely. Place on the oven-proof pan and spray with olive oil. Bake the chicken about 10 minutes, until golden. Top the chicken with the marinara sauce, then mound the cheese over it. Broil for 5 minutes until the cheese is melty and starting to brown. Prepare the salad ingredients and toss with dressing.

Ratatouille with Chicken & Polenta: 228 calories 4.4 g fat 9.1 g fiber 29 g protein 32 g carbs 115.6 mg Calcium PB Oddly enough, the inspiration for this meal was a dinner on an AlItalia airplane. I was determined to duplicate and improve the meal, and I think I succeeded. The polenta needs to be made ahead, and the Med Veg could come out of the freezer. All ready in about 20 minutes with those preparations beforehand.
    1 slice of polenta [ see SIDEKICKS II Oct 4, 2017] 1 cup Mediterranean Vegetables [SIDEKICKS II Oct 4, 2017] 3 oz chicken breast, skinless and boneless large pinch herbes de Province or thyme
    Pour the Mediterranean Vegetables into a small saucepan and add a little water if there isn’t much liquid. Lay the chicken meat on top of the vegetables and sprinkle with pepper and herbes de Province. Put the lid on the pan and simmer until bottom of chicken is cooked. Check to see if you need to add more liquid to prevent the vegetables from scorching. Turn the chicken, cover and continue to cook until it is done. Meanwhile, spritz a heavy skillet lightly with non-stick spray and heat it. Cut the slice of polenta in half so it is about 1/3” thick. Cook it in the hot pan on both sides until it is warm and beginning to brown. Plate the polenta, spoon the vegetables around the polenta, then arrange the chicken on top.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.