Question on VO2 Max and age

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Rabbette 5 years ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Hi,

I’m about to start HIT, and have just completed the Rockport walk test. When I was playing around with the calc, is seems that if the heart rate and completion time remain the same, but the age goes up, then VO2 max comes down. Does anyone know why that would be? Surely if your performance remains the same as you get older, it should go up?

It’s probably something obvious I’m overlooking, but if anyone has an answer it’d be most appreciated!

Cheers

Well I love the name – tiz only like my favorite flavor of LaCrox. As for this Rockport walk test. Now I’m just taking a total stab in the dark – (I just read it and also played around with the calculator.) I would assume it goes down (meaning a worse score) because getting older is just harder on the body and all the organs.

So basically its like parts on a car – it doesn’t matter if you keep the oil good if the rubber gaskets and valves are degrading, the car will still be degrading until the rubber parts are changed out. And since we are human and our parts are limited (or we have an operation to change them) I assume this is calculating according to our natural decline.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.