Question about risotto!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Food Recipes
Question about risotto!

This topic contains 0 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  LA Chubster 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• I’ve made risottos a few times and never had that problem, but it’s the first time I tried to do it as a dessert. I’ll explain how I do it and would like to know what I am doing wrong! Maybe worth mentionning, I’ve done it twice with 1/2 cup of rice, so I’m using a smaller pan (maybe cheaper) rather than the usual one, since I felt it’d be too large and liquid would not incorporate well in the rice.

Here’s my receipe:

-Fry butter in the pan and drop the Arborio rice to mix it up well.

-Add 1/4 cup of maple syrup and let it reduce. (Basically replacing white wine)

-Gradually adding 2 1/2 cup of hot almond milk and letting it absorb.

-Once “done”, I add caramelized diced apple, cinnamon and vanilla.

I find the recipe VERY good as it is and easy to do, but a LITTLE bit too crunchy because the rice does not soften enough… So I’m wondering if it’s the pan, or if it’s the maple syrup that makes it too thick, or if it’s the almond milk that does not incorporate well… I read that I may not have added enough butter the first time, but the second time I added WAY more and it did the same thing!

Thanks for your help! 🙂

I suspect that the maple syrup is coating the rice and reducing it’s ability to absorb the almond milk.

It sounds delicious. Why not try adding the syrup at the end and see if you get better results.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.