question

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  mummybear12 8 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Hi so ive not been for a good long while but I’ve started fasting again today. But my question is I have iron deficiency anaemia and take liquid iron daily first thing with about 100ml of pure oj about 43 ish calories would that class as breaking a fast?

Good question – I guess the answer is yes and no. Yes, orange juice would constitute breaking a strict water-only fast, but can happily fit into the 500 kcal allocation for a fast day, so shouldn’t be a problem as long as you track it.

I take iron, fish-oil and multivits on non-Fast days, but they make me feel queasy if I take them on a Fast day, so I skip them, as it’s only twice a week. I even had to give up milk in my tea on Fast days as I got really vicious hunger-pangs (as if my body registered the milk as food, although I’ve no idea if that has any medical/nutritional sense to it, it’s just what it felt like), so now I stick to water, black/herbal tea and miso soup until dinner-time, when I eat up the rest of my 500 kcals.

Maybe you could play around with it for the first couple of weeks and find out what works for you?

Good luck!

Thanks for reply I have been factoring the extra calories in but it means my fast days are now roughly 550 calories. But arrh well as long as weight comes off

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.