Portion size for the Cottage Pie recipe

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Food Recipes
Portion size for the Cottage Pie recipe

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  CJMU 9 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Just made the Cottage Pie recipe out of the fast cook book – page 40. It was delicious but it states it serves two portions – is this correct as there was way too much for two people? Also the calories per portion varies from the recipe page and summary pages at the back one is 340 and the other states 360 – does anyone have an answer please? Hubby and I are just into week three so very new to all this and want to get it right.

Hmm… I have the recipe on a different page number to you and the calorie count is 247 and the dish serves 4!

My advice would be to enter the details into an online recipe calorie counter for peace of mind.

I have made this lots of times and it is delicious, if your calorie count allows serve it with a portion of baked beans and loads of steamed broccoli and cauliflower – makes for a filling and warming meal!

Many thanks will do. Yes we had it with lots of broccoli and cauliflower and it will most certainly feature on our fast days again. Next up Turkey Kofte!

Thanks for answering this for me too! I just made it and was looking at it thinking this amount could feed a small army not just two people! Supremely tasty dish – will definitely be making again…and again… and again!

CJMU can I ask which of the cook books it was as there are quite a few now? The recipe sounds yummy.

Hi suejen, sorry for the delayed response. This recipe is in the Fast Cook book by Mimi Spencer, published in 2014, I think it is the second book published. It is on page 40. Good luck.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply.