Please can someone help me with info on Dieting

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Please can someone help me with info on Dieting

This topic contains 2 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  fasting_me 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Hello All
    hope someone can help me.im 50 yrs old,male,95 kilo,height 1,76,and have started a diet.my daily intake of food is mornings,a bowl of fish soup with rice,or chicken with veggie,afternoon,pork or fish,late afternoon 1 large Guava.
    I run 7 kilometre 5 days a week in the morning time.
    I know nothing about dieting,but from what ive read,i need 3500 calories a day to keep my weight,and 1800 a day to lose weight quickly.
    The food i eat a day is about 900 calories,and i burn 700 by running.so mydaily calorie is 200.I know this sounds crazy and most likely incorrect,could someone please tell me how it really works.id very much like to get down to 85 kilos.i was 104 in november,and now 95,since i stopped drinking beer.

Hi Andrew:

Whatever you are doing, it seems to be working.

This link will help explain the numbers behind weight loss. I’m pretty sure you will need less than 3500 calories a day to maintain your weight (the link will help you calculate your TDEE), and that you are getting more than 200 cal. per day to keep you going: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/tdee-for-the-curious-or-why-dont-i-lose-weight-faster/

Good Luck!

How’s it going this month, Andrew?
    Sorry to tell you: you can’t subtract your exercise to say that your daily intake = 200 calories. Your intake was still 900. Exercise is good for all of us, but what loses weight is calorie reduction. You seem to have found foods that you enjoy eating and have lost some weight. Great! Now what you want to do is to develop an eating plan that you want to continue with for the rest of your life. many people seem to think that once they lose weight that it will stay off. But no, it doesn’t because they go back to their old eating style.
    One of the benefits of the Fast Diet [see link sent by simcoeluv] is that it can be followed for years without making you feel deprived. My husband lost 18 kg and continues on the diet after 4 years to maintain his weight loss. That’s sustainability! If you want some recipes for Fast Days, click my ‘handle’, and find my blog address in the profile.
    Good luck and keep asking questions as they come up. post your results for us, too.

The simple math is when you are consuming more calories than what you are burning you gain weight. For you to lose weight you must burn more calories than what you are consuming. Period. 🙂

Any updates, Andrew?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.