playing golf on a fast day

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Croutledge 9 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• is it ok to play 18 holes of golf on a fast day it seems it would be a great disraction from eating. as long as i keep my fluids up!

Hi robbo,

I entirely depends on how you feel. I’m sure its possible (whether you’d play a good round is another question altogether! haha)

Just be cautious when you try it. You might find when you head out that you can do it no problem. But then you could get out to the 7th Tee, miles away from the club house and have a complete sugar crash. So I would bring some fruit, lots of fluids, and, my personal jaffa cakes! in case you need a pick me up on the way round.

Also, if you have to drive a long way home make sure you’re able to do that safely. I idea of fast days is that they fit into your life. So if that means you cant drive home afterwards then thats not ideal!

let me know how you get on! Weather’s getting nicer again, I might try a fast round myself!

I played the best round of the year
    37 stableford points. Normally around 30 points. Felt good. Seemed to be more relaxed and swung very smoothly. Drank about 2 lt water. My crossword skills are improving too. I’m 62
    Richard

I usually play better on a fast day….knackered by the evening, but hte game itslef is not a problem 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.