Plateau

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Julie G 8 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• I started this diet (and lifestyle change) in november last year and have lost half a stone. However, I haven’t lost anything the last 2 weeks, despite sticking religiously to the rules. I watch the calories on non fasting days very carefully. Also, I feel exhausted the day after fasting and sometimes havent got the energy to exercise (I walk my dog when I have the energy). I drink lots of water every day. Anyone out there feeling the same / any tips?? I don’t want to pack ut in as had health check last week and my cholesterol and BMI have reduced. Need to lose another 4 stone. I am female and 49 years old. Thanks

Stalls/plateaus can be frustrating. I’ve gone through several in the past year. One lasted six weeks and it was a bit daunting.

Best advice I can give is weigh yourself and recalculate your TDEE, when you lose weight your TDEE will drop and you have to recalculate it and use the new numbers in your calculations for fast and feed days. It’s easy to hit what amounts to a maintenance intake/expenditure once you’ve lost weight.

I’m on a plateau at the present time pretty much in that I’ve lost very little weight in the past 5 weeks. On the up side my body measurements are changing a lot. Had to purchase another new belt. Updated or new body measurements may be in order as well to document body changes

The following all deal with stalls/plateaus and contain some great information as well as some insights.

https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/on-plateaus/

https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/if-your-clothes-are-looser-but-the-scales-are-the-same-read-on/

https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/really-no-weight-loss/

When breaking your fast ensure you are getting proper nutrition. I go for less carbs and more proteins and fats. Severely reduced energy levels may be an indication of something else going on and if it continues I’d have a talk with my health professional. Best wishes on your 5:2 journey.

Thank you. I should have started measuring myself when I started this in November. Had full health check last week for diabetes, etc and all fine and i’ve no symptoms of thyroid problems. Will start measuring from today. Will have a look at the links you have kindly suggested, thanks.

hello again. update: i have lost a few pounds and feeling better as no exhaustion. increased my proteins on non fasting days and recalculated my TDD so am very pleased, thanks again 😀

Congrats!!!!

You go Julie G! Keep on keeping on 5:2 adjust the TDEE and stay focused it does work.

Hello Julie G. I have just had a couple of weeks of ‘no change’ and was baffled. I DID have a cold during that time ( only mild) however weighing myself this morning ( scales also tell me fat & water & MBI figures) I seem to be on the downward trend again. Hurrah! Looks like others have this same pattern. Glad to hear you are ‘on the move’ again too and exhaustion gone. That’s why these discussions are helpful. Always harder to fight a battle alone so if we both keep visiting these pages I’m sure we will stick at it. Best wishes.

Hello WeeScotty. I have increased walking my dog as the weather has been better and find i am losing a pound a week. Trying to eat more protein too. I had a heavy cold last month and didnt fast for a week as I found out you shouldn’t if you aren’t well. I didn’t lose anything but didn’t gain anything either, so that was good. This is the best diet I’ve ever tried and keeps me focused 😀

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply.