Over the moon

This topic contains 52 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by  chilliexx 10 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 53 total)

• This is my my 3rd week on the diet and so far have lost 5lb which I am so happy with. When i have calorie counted before I haven’t lost any weight at all and got despondent so gave up.
    My weight used to fluctuate wildly from day to day but since starting the 5:2 I have been the same every day except when I have gone down, so not once have I gone back up at all. This has just served to strengthen my resolve to keep on going.
    I am still being careful on non fast days so I think that has helped.
    The best thing about the fast diet is that it has stopped me and my boyfriend grazing in the evenings when watching TV.

welcome chilliexx

the grazing part is so true

click on names 2 c their successes

Have also found that on non fast days that my general urge to eat has dropped considerably.

Hai!! I’m in my 3rd week too. I’ve lost 2.8 kilo’s so I’m very happy too!! (sorry if I make misstakes, but I’m from the netherlands and I try my best)

Hi all. Just had my first weigh in with the practice nurse. Been doing this for 4 weeks and have lost 6.6 lbs. am chuffed to bits! My other half, well he’s lost 11lbs in the same time. He doesn’t even have that much to lose, unlike me!

Great isn’t it? Fast day for me today, Homemade tuscan bean and tomato soup, very filling and only 222 calories.

Chilliexx do you use oil in your soups? I made a minestrone yesterday, a fast day, but used a tsp of olive oil to fry onions. We ended up with 280 calories. Have a great recipe for Tuscan bean which requires oil. It’s delicious.

Love to see your recipes for Tuscan bean soups please guys! Sounds delish..

I used tblsp f oil too. I use my fitness pal to work out the ingredients’ calories. I put lots of veg in it too so that may have made more portions so lowering the calories.

One thing i am finding strange is going to bed on a fast day quite hungry but waking up next morning not hungry. We were having a fast day yesterday but as boyfriend was going out we decided to move it today (we do Monday and Thursday) but I carried on with a fast day yesterday and doing another today and not hungry at all. Weird!

Yeah me too. Never wake up hungry the day after a fast. Becster, will post recipe when I have more time, quite long. Just getting ready to go off on a weeks hols. Hope I don’t put all that weight back on!

Mine is as follows (all veg ingredients as i am a vegetarian)
    2 packs of chopped toms
    veg stock cube
    celery stick usually about 3
    couple of carrots
    courgette
    couple of onions
    few cloves of garlic
    pinch of salt
    dried italian herbs (prob about 3 or 4 tsp but to taste)
    tin of green lentils
    tuscan bean mix (in a box from supermarkets)
    tbsp of olive oil
    water

this made 8 portions and worked out at 231 cals per portion

Annoyed with self. Lost 8lbs in 3 weeks. Feeling good, looking better already although a long way to go. Last night I decided (non fast day) to treat me and OH (who is also doing 5:2) to a nice dinner. Afterwards we felt too full and quite nauseous, both regretted it. Never mind today is a new day and a fast day and won’t make that mistake again. Obviously we have already got used to eating less generally.

Onwards and upwards.

Chillie, I went for a chinese banquet last night, non fast day, it’s allowed as long as it’s within your non fast day allowance. That’s the beauty.

Oh i know that but my point is it made me feel physically sick as it was too much food and it was a waste as we didn’t even enjoy it

Chilliexx,

Don’t spend another second beating yourselves up! You had a nice dinner, and while it may have been too much and, yes, it may set you back slightly, real life has to happen.

I lost 20 lbs in 8 1/2 on 5:2, being extremely “good”. Was at a family party and ate chocolate cake like there was no tomorrow. Like you, I was annoyed at myself, and it set me back a bit, BUT this is what I learned: you can’t be “good” 100% percent of the time. Life just isn’t that way. On any other diet, I would always have a set back, I’d be disappointed in myself, feel negative and give up.

With this plan, you don’t have to. After the cake incident and on another occasion, ice cream overload, I forced the negative thoughts aside and realized, this isn’t all or nothing! It’s a process and a continual journey, and like everything else in life, it has it’s ups and downs. I moved on, am back on track, lost the weight and a little more and feel great.

Should I overeat all the time and undo all the hard work? Of course not. Will I goof up again, in the probably not so distant future? You bet I will, but on occasion when it can get hard (and it will), move on and realize all is not lost, even though that can be easier said than done.

As you read through the forum, it’s easy to find many posts about how wonderful this fasting/feasting is because it works. There is the initial “honeymoon” phase, where it’s all new and even exciting. I think most will say, that there are hard days, disappointing days, even starving days, but like anything else, “this too shall pass”.

I got a bit long winded. Just don’t want anyone to give up when temptations arise. With 5:2 you really can have your cake and eat it too (with a lot if vegetables)! 😀

@chillyxx

So you’ve learned a good lesson, and by sharing your experience here, tought me one in the process! Thanks for that!

Next time you’ll enjoy your night out I’m sure.
    Just eat a little slower so you’ll hear it when your body tells you it is starting to get full, I know I will after your story;-)

Hi thanks both for you replies to my overindulgence. I wasn’t worried about that exactly but sort of saying that I didn’t even enjoy it so felt it was a wasted day. If i had enjoyed my meal then I wouldn’t have been p’eed off about it so much. Also it was the sicky feeling afterwards, felt uncomfortable all night.
    It was a lesson learned as we won’t do that again.

Have lost 9lb in 27 days so all good

Well, I am even more over the moon than i was previously. My OH and I have both lost 10lbs each in 5 weeks. Feeling good and eating less overall.

whoohoo Chlliexx!!!! good for you!!

Well done on the weight loss!!!

Thanks for the recipe! I have most of that already so will try it tomorrow.

Fab weight loss, well done!! I’m similar – I’ve lost about 10lbs in a similar time. Seem to be sticking a bit on the scales at the moment but my size is definitely shrinking!

Another pound gone despite having fish and chips, mushy peas and curry sauce and a full roast (without meat) at the weekend. Got to love this diet.
    YEsterday because of circumstances i wasn’t able to eat until 7pm and actually found it easier to have almost all my calls for dinner and no hunger pains in the evening. Trouble is I am not usually busy enough to keep me away from the kitchen all day but will try again.

Oh and a smaller size pair of jeans today, ones I haven’t been able to get on for two years 🙂

Well, I find myself actually drinking black coffee with no sugar on a fat day, who would’ve thought!! Not me that’s for sure.

WE had a ‘proper’ meal last night and both felt too full despite it being less than we would have eaten before starting the 5:2 so that’s all good.

Looking forward to the next size down in jeans despite not having any a size smaller, I feel a shopping expedition coming up in the next few weeks.

isnt it amazing how this way of eating affects us with more than weight loss, little changes over time, choices we make that would never of done before, well done chillie on all your achivements xx

Getting into smaller jeans is one of the most uplifting feelings known to (wo)man. You must be feeling thrilled, chilliexx!

I am thrilled thanks. This diet has done wonders to me self esteem and self image. My man is looking pretty good too.

Non fast day again for us and out for dinner and I know I won’t eat everything in sight as i cherish every mouthful these days rather than stuffing food in for momentary gratification.

I just can’t believe the effect this has had on both of our lives. AMAZING.

I put on the 3 stone I want to lose from giving up smoking and nothing I did ever worked…until now.

Chilliexx, well done you, that sounds amazing ! I decided I wanted to stop smoking but was so fearful of the weight gain from previous attempts. So I decided now was the moment to attack the 5:2 as well, sheer laziness and absurd fear of hunger being the only reasons I haven’t done so before.

I have been so focused on the 5:2 that I have forgotten about the smoking, the result is its been 10 days since I stopped smoking, and I am on Fast Day 3.

5lbs lighter, 10 days smoke free ! what a result, and I feel great !!

OMG giving up smoking and 5:2, good for you. I am very impressed. When giving up smoking I had a little tip that worked for me that I now apply to fasting. All my friends and loved ones helped with this. When I said I wanted a cigarette they would all chirp up ‘in 10 mins’ that was the deal not 9 or 11 it had to be 10 exactly and of course I would think ok I will have one in 10 but because I then got on with whatever I was doing, i always missed the time slot. I apply that to to my fasting now. When I am hungry I tell myself in half an hour I can have something and of course the hunger passes and so does the time slot.
    I am trying my second time of not eating until dinner as it worked so well the other day.

B@@@@r it, all went wrong today. Today is a fast day or was supposed to be and i waited until dinner to eat then it all went pear shaped. 1000 calls in an evening. Never mind I will fast tomorrow instead but am annoyed with self.

It’s still a lot less calories than you would have taken in on a non-fast day and so much less than before you started 5:2. So it’s all good really.

Bad week last week, written it off and today is a new week. So fasting today which we don’t normally. Had a roast dinner for 509m calls, bargain. i don’t have meat (vegetarian) so was able to have some dry roast potatoes and 2 yorkshires (50 cals each). Enjoyed every mouthful and know that will keep me going until tomorrow.

I am really starting to get on my own nerves!!! I have had my lunch (fast day) and I am not hungry at all so why am I sitting here obsessing about food.

chilliexx tell me about it. Today isn’t a fast day for me but when I got on the scales and saw I was only 1/2lb short of losing my first stone, I was over the moon. I thought I’d be very careful today to keep the momentum going. It’s damn miserable out there, I’m bored to tears, I’m tired and although not hungry, I can’t stop picking. Grrrr. But I guess that’s better than struggling on a fast day. Go online and obsess about that new outfit you want to buy yourself when you get to target 🙂

@chilliexx
    “I am not hungry at all so why am I sitting here obsessing about food.”

I started to wonder about that also.

So we thought there must be other alternatives.

http://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/alternate-activities-to-eating-or-feeding/

Must do some pottering @rockyromero 🙂

Well since my last comment I’ve pottered. I brushed the cat, I flicked through a magazine, I made a coffee and now thinking of running a bath. 🙂

Chilliexx,

Ha ha, getting on your own nerves! Boy, I can relate to that! I think it must be human nature, because anytime I start something new (no matter what it is), initially I am gung ho and do great. Then as the “honeymoon phase” starts to wear off, and progress is happening, like Sigi says so perfectly, I start to self sabotage and that’s when I get on my own nerves!

I would love to hear how Michael and Mimi deal with this, as I’m sure they must have times like this, and maybe even obsess about food now and again……

Well, i finished reading the end of a brilliant book and forgot about food. No I am back at ‘puter thinking about food that I really don’t want. I wouldn’t actually mind if I was actually hungry.

Happy Days week one over and 1.6kg lost woo hoo and my BMI has dropped also, am very pleased with myself.
    Am on fast day number 3 and am really looking forward to dinner my own creation of fish and veg curry on a rice cake (i like the added cruncy texture) soon 1930 out here in Mauritius am still at work and desparately want till last till 2000 to eat.
    Keep up the good work everyone and I hope that you feel as happy as I do no matter what you weight loss is for the life style change.

Chillie, if its any consolation it’s my fast day today (normally on Thursday but I’m going out) and I’ve just made a carrot cake (its my birthday tomorrow & my 10 year old is insistent we should have cake for mummy’s birthday!). The smell of freshly baked cake is enough to tip me over the edge…… Am consoling myself that tomorrow i can eat, drink & be merry!!

My costume for World Zombie London arrived this morning…..and if this had been a month ago it wouldn;t have fit….however, it isn’t and it doesn’t yayay – happy days

I needed a pair of black trouser last night for a recruitment evening and they looked stupid on me as they were too big and i could actually take them off without undoing them…..need more clothes obviously

Another two pounds gone and just one more for the milestone of my first stone. So happy.

@chilliex
    “Another two pounds gone and just one more for the milestone of my first stone. So happy.”

Great going!

I gained two pounds of muscle. Also happy.

Enjoy!

Excellent Rocky

Hope your retreat goes well today.

@chilliexx
    “Hope your retreat goes well today.”

Thank you for your kind thought.

I did enjoy the opportunity to be inspire in the company of 200 men on a spiritual path.

I have many take always that I can reflect on during my weekend fast.

Enjoy.

Just out of interest Rocky, how did you measure that you put on 2 pounds of muscle? I’ve seen scales that can give a % body fat, but I didn’t know it was possible to electrically weigh muscle. Cheers for the tip.

@westozzybloke
    “how did you measure that you put on 2 pounds of muscle? I’ve seen scales that can give a % body fat, but I didn’t know it was possible to electrically weigh muscle. ”

Since I’m strength training & my clothes are fitting better, I know that there is a shift happening even though the weight scale is not changing much. The Fitbit Aria scale, that I use, does register BMI and with the graph below, I can obtain lean and fat mass changes.

https://trendweight.com/u/2530328a1bd347/

Lean Mass Change Over Time:
    Since yesterday: 0.1 lbs
    Since a week ago: -2.5 lbs
    Since two weeks ago: -3.3 lbs
    Since a month ago: -3.3 lbs

Statistics:
    rockyromero is losing 1.0 lbs/week of total weight.
    He is burning 505 cal/day more than he eats.

He has been tracking his weight for 16.7 months.
    He has 10.1 lbs to lose to reach his goal weight.
    He will reach his goal around November 30, 2013.
    He is burning 5 cal/day beyond his plan.

It’s an interesting metrics which inspires me to continue strengthening. Any bit of inspiration from anywhere does help.

Enjoyed reading about your experiences so far chilliexx and can relate to most of them – including removing ‘fitted’ trousers without undoing them.
    Now when I obsess about food on any day, I go and try some clothes on and put the baggy stuff in a charity bag. I have not yet given it to charity as I still cant believe my luck!
    Now one question – which book kept you engrossed?

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 53 total)

You must be logged in to reply.