Over 60? It's tough, or is it just me?

This topic contains 518 replies, has 64 voices, and was last updated by  fasting_me 6 years ago.

Viewing 21 posts - 501 through 521 (of 521 total)

• Polly, hope your cold is on its last legs. ODH and I try to walk 1-2 miles daily in the neighborhood. Then there is what I pick up around the house and barn. Then in the evening I ‘tread-mill’ in front of the computer watching Netflix to make up the difference. If I am solo walking on the roads, I can do 4 miles per hour. At that clip I can rack ’em up. What would Wales be without the hills? Kansas! Good luck with the leafletting. The Labour Party needs you.

Debster, is it caravan season already? Does the Tipple Dragon live in the Caravan all winter, or only come out in good weather?

how is it going, Annypenny? Curiousier?

That’s very impressive, Fasting-me! I’ve just done a stint of leafleting this afternoon as the weather is lovely. My god, these drives and steps add to the task, as do low down letter boxes. Every time I bent down my nose ran! I’ve also been to the AGM of our U3A and to Grumpy Old Women, sadly only three of us. We were late after the AGM so one lovely member had given up on us.

We haven’t heard from LAchubster for a long time. I hope she’s ok after the horrible natural events that California has suffered this year.

Just enjoyed a ratatouille, leftovers, from Mimi’s recipe . Dishwasher load, so feet up and ready for The Big Bang Theory, which I love! Young Sheldon is pretty good, too.

Happy fasting, folks.

Pol. 🙋🏼

Afternoon all,
    Just back from a little shopping – a pair of shoes and a light jacket to go over my dress. I’m off to a wedding on Saturday week. My friend’s daughter is marrying a Portuguese lad and his brother is sleeping in our spare room for a few days, so OH decided to paint the wall and the window to freshen it up. I reluctantly helped so I’m knackered😟
    Yes, @fasting-me I start caravanning in March, St Patrick’s weekend usually. This year there was a skiff of snow on our first outing. We have a puppy, who sleeps in awning. I had to bring her inside, more for my conscience I think than her. The Tipple dragon seems to frequent the caravan more than the house. Mmmm! That’s half the problem of me being a tortoise. Not so much the drink but the nibbles that go with it!
    Your exercise regime sounds good. I swim three times a week – about 200 lengths, walk at least my 10000 steps and do Pilates once a week.
    Sounds like leaflet dropping gives a serious workout @pollypenny! You’re right, we’ve got to keep moving.
    Hope all is good, fellow Fasters. Have a good weekend one and all.

Oh dear, having started this thread, I am in awe of how well you are all doing! Congratulations!
    Have decided nervously to try again myself, emboldened by your examples! Thanks all!

Curiouser, you’ve done it before, you can do it again! We’ve just been to eat put in a gastro pub not too far away. I had a pudding for once, do it will be strict fast tomorrow. That’s the beauty of IF, you can fit it into a normal life without making a big show of ‘being on a diet.’

Tipple dragon not a problem for me – wine quota built in! 🥂.

Thanks Pollypenny. Have swum 3 times this week and walked a lot. Almost no carbs – and I feel terrific! Just need to kep keep keep going huh?

That’s super, Curiouser!! So glad you are out of your rut. Just keep on keeping on.

Yesterday we went out for lunch with friends who are Weight Watchers. I ordered a chef’s salad, dressing on the side, and a cider [that’s the English/French kind, not the sweet American kind]. I drank the entire pint and ate a tiny bit of salad — it was more than I could eat in 5 days! And up went the weight this morning. Boo-o-o-o. We didn’t even have dinner last night AND I went to the gym after lunch. That cider must pack a LOT of calories. Being abstemious today. Trying to avoid snacks.

Fresh snow yesterday! All gone now.

Thanks fasting-me – I have heard that quite apart from the sugar it contains, alcohol stops you losing weight as well and cider has a LOT of sugar in it! Next week I am taking part in physical theatre for 2 weeks – there is talk of aerial acrobatics but oddly enough I don’t think that’s my scene!

That sounds like fun. bust out! do something you never did before! keeps us young.

Good, clean Fast so far: Salmon/Boursin baked egg in a.m. Then Shrimp Salad with citrus, mango, and asparagus for dinner. Must avoid the lure of the snacks between now and bed time.

Bit confused as I am not getting posts. What do I do?

Check that you’ve not accident unticked the notify me box.

Thank you Pollypenny I got this! the box is well and truly ticked.
    I wrote recently and had no responses so I thought it was weird. I prob didnt submit it properly. I am coming back to this diet for the 2nd time, but this time with the support of the group. Have been on a trip to S Africa and intending to start immediately. But came back with a nasty bite that gave me fever and sent me to the hosp., but have massive anti biotics so all is well. But it gave me a kick start… I did my Fast Days almost no problem! Onwards! Thank you for replies.

Good job, Frances on your first Fast. Excelsior!

Ooh, Frances, doesn’t sound good. Hope you’re well and truly recovered now.

THANK YOU people, I feel part of the group now and look forward to many good exchanges. Still not eating as usual so is a great kickstart to losing.

What bit you, Frances? Morbid curiosity at work….. Nothing like ill health to get a diet back on track.

Fast Day in snowy NH. Strong wind. It is Marathon Day in Boston and truly nasty weather for running in a singlet. I lost 2 pounds since yesterday — thank goodness.

Today we had egg-avocado-crab-cottage cheese baked in a dish for breakfast. Really fast and easy. Tonight we’ll have a variation on ‘mixed sushi’ with brown rice, grilled beef, smoked salmon, egg, and cucumber.

That all sounds delicious. Very inspiring to hear everybody’s versions of low calorie dinners. What bit me? Something African but I wasnt even aware of being bitten. Thank you for asking. Your weather sounds as wintry as ever. Here in Poland we are well into spring, happily.

Just read your message more carefully. Thinking of you all on another Boston marathon. Many mixed feelings I am sure.

Thanks.

Hi all. Well, hope springs eternal, thank goodness. I’m 66 and know that in the last thirty years I have only once got rid of that last stone. A year ago I tried Rosemary Conley, Dukan Diet, F2, Slimming World. The pattern is always the same. Lose a few pounds, start cheating and put it back on, plus a pound or two.

I have tried 5:2 before and failed. Two weeks starting Good Friday and this time only maintained. Then my friend gave me one of the new books and I discovered that our lifestyle (bed about 3am), totally offset day, means I have to approach it differently. A 14 hour fast with only calorie free drinks (not even milky tea) which starts the night before. Break the fast with 300 calories, then nothing but drinks again until a 500 calorie dinner.

After two fasts this way I have finally lost 1lb. Point is I feel great and haven’t got constipated. Breakfast at 1 or 1.30 suits me fine on FD. Fascinating that eating a bit more but being stricter seem to be working.

Extra benefit: at choir on Monday morning I sang a top G with confidence for the first time. No milky tea the reason? I’ll leave out the milk and carry on with yogurt and cheese. We’ll see!

Keep going girls, I’m sure we can do it. It’s not even a diet, is it?

Fi-Jane — well done. 1 pound is good!
    You are now eating 800 calories on a Fast Day. After a few weeks, try going down to 700. You might then lose faster. If you want to lose weight even faster than that, look to drop 100 calories/day from your Slow Day eating: passing up the extra roll at dinner or eating fewer fries/frites/chips at lunch.
    It’s not even a diet. And it will become a lifestyle.

Viewing 21 posts - 501 through 521 (of 521 total)

You must be logged in to reply.