Over 60? It's tough, or is it just me?

This topic contains 518 replies, has 64 voices, and was last updated by  fasting_me 6 years ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 451 through 500 (of 521 total)

• Say, Pol, maybe the 2 pounds came from biting your tongue — how many calories in that?
    We live on the North Shore, though many miles East of Green Gables. I like to take our visitors there.

Hanging in there, Rainbow?
    Debster, with the end of the month coming, we hope for an update from you.
    Cheryl, how are those 800 calories doing for you on Fast Days?

Happy weekend, everyone.

Hi all,
    Well the end of yet another month has come, and the scales show their usual stubborn self. However, I’m not going to get uptight. For a brief moment in the middle of the month, they dipped below 11 stone, which is my lowest for 25+ years but I haven’t maintained that. August is a new month.
    SherylfromCA. and Curiouser – how are you doing out there?
    Pol -I don’t have any grandkids yet, but both my sons’ girlfriends are very health conscious (both are teachers too!) so I’m grateful for that. Young son just bought his first house with his lovely girl, so exciting times. We’re going down next week in the caravan to help them, so I’m really excited about that. There is a site close by, which is handy. Hope you enjoyed your holiday. Do you have a son or daughter that lives in the states? My boys spent a few years travelling, and my one worry was that they would settle on the other side of the world, They went to Canada and came home with two Dublin girls, – just two hours down the road.
    Anne of Green Gables is a blast from the past!
    Fasting me – I’ve worked so hard this month on reducing the sugar. That in itself is an achievement. We holidayed for 10 days in the caravan, and my downfall is alcohol. I normally don’t drink much and never during the week at home but do enjoy a glass of wine or two outside the van, which wrecks it all😢 This week, I’m determined not to drink at all. Now my BMI is in the ‘normal’ range, it’s hard not to be complacent.
    Rainbow – (Mari?) I wish I could give you a big real hug, but sending you this (((HUG))). Am I right in thinking it’ll be over at the end of August? A fresh start in September is what you need.

I’ m not going to obsess about the pounds. I’ve gone down a dress size and look infinitely slimmer, so am going to focus and try to get that waist down.
    Deb

Fasting-me, I love the idea of the 2lbs from biting my tongue – confess to the wine, though.

Our son lives in New Jersey. Today we are driving up to Woodstock to see daughter in law riding in a horse show.

Pol

Deb, congrats on the smaller dress size. And looking ‘infinitely slimmer’ must be a real boost to you. Good job. And you are working on the sugar — you are an inspiration. Aren’t habits the worst thing? You get into wanting to have that glass of wine or TWO in a certain place, at a certain time and ooof! There go your plans to stick to the diet! And still you look slimmer. Carry on.

Canada seems to be a theme today… It is lovely here today, but eventually it needs to rain. Steady, gentle rain, preferably at night. Fast Day tomorrow: smoked salmon for breakfast for sure. If the Fleet is out, I hope to get some fresh mackerel for dinner.

Hi, everyone! Fast has it in one – so much weight gain is down to habit! We got rid of the chip pan 25 years ago on the basis that we’d only have chips when out. Of course, we eat out far more often than we did. I’d started sucking sweets when ironing and not to forget the glass of wine, kplarge when I finished marking at night,

When I retired it was eating breakfast at 8.30, lunch at 1 then dinner at 6.30. All supposedly healthy, but big portions.

Back home and back to routine. I’m still in my target range, so quite happy. OH is letting indulgences creep up, though. After any jobs, painting the hall this week, he has a beer. Claims he’ll go back to FDs on Monday. Hope so, the beer belly is on its way back.

Pol

Hello from Wisconsin, USA –
    I am 70 years old, overweight, depressed and unmotivated. Help! I have been playing around with 5:2 for a while now. Bought the books, joined all the FB pages, bought fixings for great salads, gave up diet colas with aspertaime in them and actually lost 4 pounds before my ADHD kicked in and I found myself running to the ice cream shoppe. I am in the process of downsizing my home and yesterday I found a journal written by my oldest daughter while she was waiting for the birth of her first child. She wrote ‘I am worried about Mom’s weight. I hope she stays healthy.She is working so hard..blah blah blah ‘. That baby, my first granddaughter, is 25 years old. I am asking myself, as I type actually, why are you doing this? You won’t stick with it. You never do. Maybe this time I will though and maybe one of you who has had success can offer some words …magic words, of course. Maybe if I just put it out there instead of just thinking about it, I will find my self accountable and keep myself accountable. Today I have had two coffee drinks and have a large cola sitting next to me. I have housework, art projects, laundry and yardwork to do. With God’s help, maybe this time something will click. Time is our most precious commodity. Thank you for taking some of yours to read this outpouring/whining/pity pot proclamation.

JuJu, I’m also 70, no longer over-weight thanks to Michael Mosley’s book! You have lots to do, so keeping busy will help. Drink loads if water, not sipped but glue it down.

I have three or four coffees in the morning, then bran flakes with half a banana around 1. Having lots of crunchy salad with your dinner, using one of Mimi’s recipes, helps chewing satisfaction and time.

You can do it!

Pol 💁🏼

Thank you Pollypenny. I can do this and tomorrow is a new day. I like the idea of just gulping the water. Water has never been easy for me, but that is because I always had some other beverage in front of the water bottle/container. I dieted years ago and part of that program was a cup of warm water with lemon juice in it. I don’t do coffe, only iced, carmel, high calorie coffee. So tomorrow it is lemon juice and when I get off track I hope to pull myself back by gulping water. I won’t make an elaborate plan. I sometimes become so engrossed in planning that I fail to execute. I like bananas and bran flakes! That is good enough to get me through tomorrow. fast…laundry…clear another area in basement… feed my creative spirit by doing something artsy (reward at end of day) …spend time outside, even though they are predicting rain. Note to self: your porch is covered you know. Be Calm and Fast On

Good morning everyone,
    @jujudider – you can do this. Today is the beginning of the rest of your life. It’s hard at the beginning, but fasting truly becomes a way of life. I totally agree that accountability is the way to go. I keep a small note in a diary of my journey. I fast on a Monday and Thursday, and sometimes throw in an extra day for measure. I also only eat two meals a day – I find that I’m truly not hungry in the mornings and if I eat early, it awakens the hunger dragon. NFDs are my biggest problem, so I try to keep track with My Fitness Pal. Have you tried orange, cucumber or mint in your water? I keep a jug of chilled flavoured water in the fridge. You might also find that on FDs eating protein and veggies/salad better ‘value for cals’ than carbs.
    Remember, the path to success starts with small steps!

Hi Pol, good to see your you back.

@fasting_me I had a look at some of your recipes – they look tasty. I’m always looking for something new to cook, so I’ll maybe give a couple of them a go. Thanks

I’m currently in Co Wicklow, in my caravan. Young son has just moved into his first house with his girl, so we’re down here with hedge trimmers, sewing machines etc to help them with some of their chores. The site we’re staying on is close, which is handy. The trouble with caravanning is the temptation to sit outside in the sunshine in the evening with 🍷 Or is it 🍷🍷🍷!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend everyone!

Oh, debster, will you be tempted by Guinness! Actually, a half of Guinness is do filling I don’t want any food!

JuJu, have you tried flavoured teas? Not the sweet types you can get in America, but various green teas? Have a look at the Yogi range.

Pol.

Guinness is not for me Pol. I love the look but not the taste. Anyway I do enough damage with gin and wine Lol!

Hi, I’ll be 64 this year, and returning to 5:2 after being away for far too long. I agree with the title of this thread – yes, the older you get, the harder it gets, for whatever reason! Maybe we’re just all burned out from dieting, and need to get in the mindset that it’s a way of life.

Welcome @gingerrose. I’m 63 in November, and struggling. Sadly, life keeps getting in the way! Lol! I’m about 7-10 lbs from my goal. I’ll decide if/ when I get there when to stop, but have got kinda bogged down! Good luck in coming back to this WOL. 👍

Welcome back, gingerrose! I’m 68 and losing weight pretty reliably on the 5:2 plan. I’ve come to realize that eating mindfully has to become a way of life, not just one diet after another to be discarded after the extra weight is gone. This is a good, sustainable way of eating that fits into my life so I think I’ll stick with it long term. I like that it’s easy and I don’t have to overthink it. And these forums are a great support network that’s here 24/7. What more could we ask for? (Other than no calorie potato chips?😄)

Wow — so many new people and swirling conversations! This is great.

Welcome, JuJu, we are all pulling for you. With us in your corner, you can do this. Writing menus helps; planning food in advance helps; preparing food in advance helps. Get rid of the temptations and stay motivated. Remember, if hunger is not the problem, then food is not the solution.

Welcome, Gingerrose, and now you are back in the fold. You did this once. This time you know that it is a Lifestyle choice and one that you can continue after you reach your target weight. I have found this plan to work better for me at age 68 than anything I tried in my 20s. I weigh less than when I was in high school.

Thanks for visiting my blog, Debster, and for the kind words. Hope you find some recipes that are keepers. Watch out for the EWM [that’s Evening Wine Monster] who pounces on unsuspecting caravaners at the end of the day.

We’ve had houseguests since last Wednesday. They ate along with us last Thursday as we Fasted. Then they went out for lunch. Joined us again for Fasting dinner. We find that works well for houseguests. Today began with a Fast breakfast [smoked salmon-chevre baked eggs] but then we went into Town for the day. That involved lunch then ice-cream cones…. then we returned home and ate dinner!! A real bust as a Fast Day. But they depart tomorrow and we can Fast on Wednesday AND Thursday. Must of down and prepare the blueberry muffins for breakfast.

Bedtime here in Wisconsin. Thank goodness!I almost dove into the snack cabinet. Not much in there as I had pretty much cleared it out (eaten everything in it) before I started this WOL. I chose a small dish of cottage cheese with chives instead of popcorn. YEA ME!

Thanks to Debster251, Pollypenny and Fasting_me for the words of encouragement. I can use all of them I can get and value the knowledge you share with myself and others on the forum. I especially like and will remember ….if hunger is not the problem, food is not the answer.

Today was a good day with the exception of my water intake. I don’t have a set plan yet…I know..I know..but have been aware of what I am putting into my mouth and even counted a few calories! 1/2 cup of this cottage cheese is only 45 cal. That means the dish I had was about 90. Much better than the popcorn. I do need to plan some NFD meals that my husband and I can share and do the shopping that goes along with the plan. Enjoying fresh tomatoes with light mayo (45 cal per TBS). Ahh the joys of summer.

Tomorrow a new day. A busy one for sure. Moving my big brother (75 yo, single, blind, diabetic) into his new condo. Or at least starting the process. He fell and fractured both of his legs 2 weeks ago. He is in a rehab center and my husband and I will move his belongings to his new place while he is there. He is doing well, all things considered, and is and always will be my Big Bro.Not whining or complaining, just documenting the things I need to do tomorrow…so I remember I have PLENTY to keep me busy and out of the fridge.

Peace and good night friends.
    Stay calm and fast on.

Coming into today’s Fast having lost the little weight gained during house guests. They appeared to be on the “See Food” diet. I was appalled by how much they would eat. Not that I minded cooking for them, but I don’t like to eat when I’m not hungry. Food tastes better when you are hungry, don’t you agree? But I can’t control what other people do: I can only work on myself [and Husband!].

Today Kashmiri Scramble for breakfast and Sicilian Shepherd’s Salad for dinner.

Hi everyone,
    Fasting_me, in our society, eating has become a mindless habit. I was taught that breakfast was the most important meal of the day, only to realise that it was a marketing ploy by cereal manufacturers. I’m ashamed to say, that before this way of life, I rarely felt hunger. Now, I try to live by it, and on fast days, ignore it and it goes away. The children I taught had to have a mid morning snack, which was often huge; then a not very healthy lunch. As I child, right up to my 20s, I was very slim, but never ate between meals. We never had treats in the house, except of course, fruit, which were an integral part of our diet, usually after dinner. Now I’ll climb off my soapbox!
    BTW I like the term EWM! It surely lives in my caravan!

@rainbowsmile – how are you doing? I’ve been thinking of you. Xo

@jujudider – I’m sorry to hear of your brother’s ill health, I hope he settles into his new home when he recovers. Keeping busy is a great strategy!

Hey, @gingerrose, how’s it going for you? Hope you are settling into your routine. This a way of life, not a diet. You can do it!

Pol, Does your OH fast too? My OH is type one diabetic. He doesn’t fast but he has been eating 2 meals a day for a long time, effectively 16:8. His blood sugars are much more stable. On fast days, I cook a light supper which we can both eat. It’s important to keep your routine fitting in with the rest of the family. OH is fond of his beer too, (Work in progress!)

Happy fasting my friends!

Debby

Hi, Everyone. Having visitors makes life difficult, i agree,,fasting. OH always uses the excuse to make a full breakfast! Luckily his brother, who comes to stay, has told him he doesn’t want one. Brother has long lived on one or two meals a day, as he’s too last and too stingy to buy much food.

OH managed to forget his weigh day today! I think he’s lost a bit, judging by the gut, though. He had diabetes 2, Deb. He was hoping to get off it,,as a could of people on the maintenance thread have. But he’s excusing himself – and going to return to fasting next week,,or the week after………..

How’s the routine going for you,juju and rainbow? It is a way of life, not a diet, as Debby said. Mimi’s looking forward to my fist anniversary. I’ll treat myself to a fascia or something not food, of course!

Pol. 🙋🏼

Pol, is a ‘fascia’ some English-ism or another dratted auto-correct? ‘Facial’, perhaps? I couldn’t imagine getting new fascia-boards under the eves as a treat for an anniversary. LOL

We are now back on track with our daily meals and our Fasting. Dear Husband, after eating along with Sister, has some losing to do, but he knows it and will take the right steps. Pretty good Fast Day yesterday until 4 pm when a dear old friend and neighbor [who had moved away but is back] showed up. Of course that meant a glass of wine [she taught me how to make wine from scratch, so…] on the deck. Not enough to break the bank. We both still lost weight yesterday.

JuJu, good wishes for your brother’s better life.
    Where is Rainbow?
    Gingerrose, what’s up?

Oh, yes, stupid autocorrect for facial! I wish posts could be edited later. 😳

Glad you’re on tracking, fasting. The odd glass if wine is fine. I’m out tonight and will share a bottle with a friend. We often have a three-way share, but that friend is on grandmother duty.

Today I’ve painted a chest of drawers, an old pine one that had been left in the garage here when we moved in. 30 years ago OH doesn’t hours stripping it and waxing it. Now pine is uncool and it’s a trendy grey!

Pol

How are you all doing?
    Just checking in today because I’m feeling pleased with myself. My goal for a while has been to get below 11stone, and the scales this morning read 10st 13.25lbs, which I’m delighted with. My big challenge now is to keep it there, and of course get it lower. I don’t know when I’ll stop. My waist measure is really my yardstick – I’d like another couple of inches off the middle but hemweight seems to come off everywhere else, particularly my face, which I don’t need. 😖

Pol, my cousin and her OH buy furniture at the auction, (£5maximum) and do it up. They paint it with chalk paint or eggshell and sometimes put on pictures to tables. They sell it friend’s ‘nick-nack’ shop and do well out of it. I painted my oak kitchen units ‘elephant’s breath’ – kind of browny grey and am very pleased with it.

@rainbowsmile – Mari- thinking of you. Just get this month over, and then you can start again with a fresh slate. Take care of yourself.

Fasting_me – I’m thinking I might need some new fascia boards under the eyes – I’ve inherited my mum’s bags! Lol!

How are the rest of you doing?

Deb

This has been a great read for me……I am fasting today, finding it not too bad. Came back to 5:2 last week after being away for a couple (4) years. It is good to read about other people in their 60s doing this. I am 67 and hoping to lose about 12 kgs by November, when I will be 68. Wish me luck!!

Hello, Anniemac, and welcome to our group. Glad your first go at re-Fasting has gone well. Yes, we are succeeding here and will give you lots of support. I’m 68 and have been at this for 4 years.

Hey, Deb, good to hear from you again. Congrats on your recent weigh-in. Good milestone! As to ‘how to keep it there’ : you know that Fasting is the answer.

Dear Husband and I went away for a few days last week. The hotel had a nice ‘cold buffet’ at breakfast: fruit and muffins and bagels and ‘English muffins’ — not a bit of protein except in the little yogurt cups which also had lots of sugar!! There went Thursday’s Fast Day. No lunch was easy every day, as we were touring about. At dinners out, I always enjoy 2 appetizers and that’s it. But we went to a lot of wineries and tasted a lot of wine. [Annapolis Valley, NS, Canada] Returned 1 pound up, then went to a friend’s house on Saturday for a dinner party. Another 1/2 pound. Had lots of fun, though, and with tomorrow’s Fasting, should be OK.

Hope you all had a good weekend. Need to go for a long walk — only 1 mile today and I need 4-5 more.

Where has the Over 60 group gone? Although I do meet several of you on other threads, I often wonder what causes an active thread to die…..
    Hope you are all in good health. I’m 69 now and coming up on the 5th Anniversary of Fasting. Still going strong.
    Happy Spring. Hope Fasting has put a ‘spring’ in your step.

Hi, fasting-me! I am here occasionally. But reporting the same thing as on maintenance.

Pol. 🙋🏼

Hi. I am just joining and see most posts are several years old. I would like to join a current post, for support and for info. I am 71, tried loads of diets, none of which worked, but I live in hope. I really want to try this one but I would like support. If there is anybody out there please give me a shout.

Hi – I dropped out because it just doesn’t seem possible for me to stick to any food that causes me to lose weight. Am about 1 stone less than when I started & have done this only by delaying when I first eat in the day till about midday. Haven’t changed anything else and have completely lost heart and will . Sorry – not very inspiring I know. But I wanted to respond to your post.
    I am 69 . Good Luck!

Well even though you have dropped out, and I understand that very well, I am glad to have made contact with someone! I am just groping around the website and all those forums (fora?) to get an idea of how it all works.
    Thank you so much for replying.

Frances, I found the support of various threads here to be a great help during my losing weight period, which took about five months.

Curiousier, I remember you! Did you buy any of Mimi’s recipe books? We owe our new weight to them, as the recipes are so tasty! OH did put 7 lbs back on and he hasn’t lost it, but I have to watch that I don’t lose more. We each found that our appetites had changed do that we no longer gorge on big portions.

I regularly post on the maintenance thread now, generally maintaining on 16:8, although we will have the occasional FD. Coming up to 71 and happy in my UK size 10 pants,

Pol

Hello everyone,
    So in one post @fasting-me you have revitalised this forum!
    Hi Frances, I’m 63 and about 5lbs from maintenance. I’ve been doing this WOL for 2 years now but am a tortoise 🐢 because life fe gets in the way in between. I usually post in the monthly challenges, currently of course the 31 day March challenge, although it can get very busy.
    The link below from @simcoeluv is a very useful starting point. On different forums you will read about lots of people doing variations of this WOL. I suggest you stick to the basics to start until you find your feet.

https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Good luck
    Debby

That is very kind of you, I will follow up. Many thanks, f

Nice to hear from some of the old voices.
    Welcome to Fasting, Frances. We’ve been at this for a long time, amassing recipes. What will you eat on Fast Days?

Curiosier, are you otherwise in good health? If the 16:8 helps you to lose weight, then keep at it. Do you turn to certain foods on Fast Days? If you find them to be boring, then change the foods! You sound kinda down in the dumps.

Hi, Debster. I’ve never been on one of those monthly challenge threads. Is it hard to keep a conversation going?

Evening, all. I have to report that OH has brought home a large packet of Cadbury’s mini eggs! 😡.

I can easily cope with small bars if chocolate, my occasional Saturday afternoon treat, but once opened anything is then wolfed. I really do not want them, so they’ve joined the big box of chocolates grought by a visiting ex-pupil.

Pol. 🙋🏼

Polly, how about storing the Cadbury mini eggs in the back of the freezer? At a neighbor’s house. At least a block away. Send him over there to eat them! 😁

Hi Fasting-me. It is quite motivating but very busy. I find it quite hard to keep up but just post when I can. I’m close to maintenance now, and I guess I’m happy with my weight, but would like to reduce my waist a little more, so I’m plodding on.
    @Curiousier – I follow 16:8 most days and find it helps to maintain my weight. I also fast on days and Thursdays, although because I’m so close to my target now, I’ve lost my mojo a bit. I’ll get there!

Hell everyone
    Just being chicken I guess …
    It is disheartening when my weight yo-yos up & down in a devilish way and I DO find it so very hard to resist temptation. Yes I have all the books – recipes etc and have joined SlimmingWorld as well. If anything I have too much information – recently bought a book called Tha Dirty Diet – does anyone know it. Occasionally I try the Cabbage Soup Diet too – a sure fire way of losing weight IF I can stick to it. But I can’t seem to stick to anything and get confused about what program is best . And so I feel defeated 😕 again. Oh dear – think I will stop moaning now and beg all of you for lovely suggestions about what I might do, instead. Sorry! And thanks all for being there. Congratulations to those of you who have Sticking Power!

Oh, Curiouser, don’t give you money to that Slimmimg World! Anyone that calls potatoes free food must be mad. Did you buy Mimi’s recipe books? Kate Harrison has some very good ones, too. Cheap from amazon.

Hope this doesn’t sound patronising, but you could try going back to basics, read the original book from cover to cover to get the science behind IF. might give you the necessary kick start. Lots of flavours, no artificial sugars etc.

Pol. 💁🏼

Hello, Over 60’s. May I join the conversation? I am 68 come July, I am coming up on one year of the fasting way of eating. I started it for health reasons (high blood pressure, which had never been a problem for me before last year) and vanity reasons (really disliked my quite matronly shape!). Started at 188#, goal is 158. I am 5ft 8 inches. Used to weigh a lot less, but I am trying to set a reasonable goal to maintain. It has been a terrific experience for me, though I still have about 12 pounds to go to my goal weight. Between April and September of 2017, I lost 23 #, and found the plan pretty easy to follow. Definitely agree that getting through the first 8 weeks seemed to be key.
    I enjoy following everyone’s posts and certainly sympathize with the “backsliding” problems, because it has happened to me, (holidays, etc, a 7 # showed back up somehow….)but the flexibility of this plan makes it the most effective I have used. Thanks to all the experts for their patient input!

Welcome, Excelsior. The mstronshspe was one of my spurs, too. I joked that I used to have a waist and that my spare tyre was bigger than my bust. I am still surpto see that I have a figure again.

Pol. 🙋🏼

Thanks PollyPenny!
    Yes I have ALL the books and yes it’s a good idea to read Mimi’s book cover to cover – thank you.
    Just wish wish wish I felt motivated….

Welcome to Excelsior. So glad you found 5:2 and this thread so you can be less matronly.

Anyone heard of/from Rainbow Smile? She was in need of hugs, as I remember and we were all rooting for her.

Curiouser [LOVE that handle!], are you down only about Fasting or about other things in your life? Yes, read the book. We all should periodically.

Cali, love your suggestion about the Cadbury eggs! I buy Easter candy after Easter and store it in great jars in the cellar. Which was fine until my ODH found it… But that was last year. We will of course have Baskets on Sunday, and I send candy to our grown sons. They like it.

How’s it going, Frances?

Debster, in 5 pounds you can join PollyPenny and me at the Maintenance Chat thread. Almost there!

For today’s Fast, we enjoyed a Bleu Cheese Scramble for breakfast and a vegetable ‘stewp’ [ODH’s word for really thick soup] for dinner. Hope you all Fasted well and successfully.

Welcome Excelsior. Sound like you’ve got it sussed. I sympathise with your backsliding problems. We’re away for the Easter weekend and I’m in sabotage mode!
    In fact @polyphony I’m quite happy with my weight but would like another couple of inches from my middle. My spare tyre us vertical stubborn!
    Yes @fasting_me @rainbowsmile is posting on the monthly challenges. She’s really been through the mill but is hanging in there. She has great resolve.

Hope this Good Friday finds all of you well. Deb

Who’s this polyphony?🤔 Not me, I’m not very musical! 😁

Yea, gods, I should have read my last post! Excuse? Full of cold and drugs! 😔
    I’ve just ordered the amended IF 5:2 book for my son. Hopefully it will provide him with a less complicated and more sustainable diet than the one he’s on now.

But you are Welsh!! Lovely speaking voices, beautiful singing voices. [OK, except for Richard Burton who had to do patter songs in Camelot because he couldn’t sing.]
    I think Debster was losing a battle against ‘auto-spell’ which can be maddening!

Fasting- we all,sing,at the drop of a hat, regardless of quality! In fact, I’m looking for a choir to join. Our U3A one clashes with tai chi.

Hi… I totally agree about it getting harder to lose the weight as we get older …. I’m 75
    years young …body is getting older but I’m not 🙂
    But I am am finding its much easier to gain weight than put it on ..& I’m pretty active almost every day..
    So I’m a newbie & just starting 5,2 for the 2nd time

Oops Pol! That pesky autocorrect. I’m on my phone and the print is too small!
    Sadly Annypanny being active doesn’t equal weight loss otherwise I’d be really skinny😕. I follow a 16:8 regime. My first meal of the day is brunch and that helps. Being away in my touring caravan doesn’t help either. The snack and tipple dragon came with me too!
    Have a good Easter everyone.

Hi, Annypanny, and welcome to Fasting. I’m 69 and have Fasted for 5 years. The FitBit helps me to be sure I walk 5+ miles/day. Otherwise it would be hard to know. Good luck.

Fasting tomorrow.

Bore da, fasters! Wow, fasting-me! I am impressed. How do you find the time to walk that much each day?
    I’ve been far too sedentary since we got back from Princeton, as this cold, or rather the accompanying cough, has left me washed out. Now, I’ve been asked to deliver a pile of leaflets for the Labour Party, so I will have to galvanise myself. Wish it wasn’t so hilly here!

Welcome, annypanny. If you’re active, I’m sure you will succeed on 5:2 again. Keeping busy is the trick on FDs. Where are you? I’m in North Wales.

Pol. 🙋🏼

Viewing 50 posts - 451 through 500 (of 521 total)

You must be logged in to reply.