Opinions or suggestions?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Opinions or suggestions?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  arla 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Hi!
    I’m a 21 year old female about to start the 5:2 way of life!
    I am currently 80kg and 5’7 and aiming for around 65kg (or if I feel healthy before getting to 65kg then I’ll maintain from there but 65 is an approximation)

Here is my plan of attack in terms of weight loss:

Monday 500calories
    Tuesday 1300 calories and 45 mins at the gym
    Wednesday 1300 calories and 45 mins at the gym
    Thursday 500 calories
    Friday 1300 calories and 45 mins at the gym
    Saturday 1300 calories and 1 hour at the gym if not busy that day
    Sunday 2000 calories (so I give myself a big of a break)

Exercise wise I’ll be at the gym doing 25 mins cardio and a 20 minute strength training circuit.
    I also walk to and from work but have a desk job so spend much of my day sitting hence nog wanting my non fasting days to have too many calories.

What do you think of this plan? Any suggestions? And do you think I will see results fairly quickly? Hoe long do you think the whole weight loss process will take?

Thank you very much x

Hi Maddystella Wondering if you are misinterpreting the word FAST as speedy loss .As you will see in the background information this is not all about speedy weight loss but about establishing healthy eating patterns, you will see on the forum that we have all had varying speeds of weight loss and so your question can’t be answered.just giving you this advice because wouldn’t like you to give up on this WOE because your kgs don’t melt away fast enough.
    you may also like to check out Fast exercise and the concepts of less is more.

all the best

is 1300 above your BMR?? (calculate here: http://thefastdiet.co.uk/how-many-calories-on-a-non-fast-day/)

The point of the non-fast days is to eat above that & below your TDEE.

Looking @ your stats you would be under eating. There is no need to be that hard on yourself. The idea of 5:2 is that you eat normally on the five non fast days. Relax and give this ago as designed before trying to personalize it.
    I have been following the program as written doing similar type of exercises as you have outlined and losing weight despite being older than you – I found it so much easier to lose weight when I was your age. 🙂

Thanks everyone 🙂
    Perhaps I will try go for closer to 1500 calories on non fasting days – my BMR is 1598 but if I feel I end an extra snack I won’t be too hard on myself!

Do you feel cutting down on carbs and sugar is also necessary/a good idea on non fasting days? Carbs and sugar are my absolute downfall (I rarely drink anymore only like 1 night a month so alcohol for me isn’t a treat).

And what are your views on diet coke?

Thanks again!

Hey maddystella!

I am also 21 (well nearly, in 8 days time), I’m also 5’7″ and I started this plan in November last year weighing just over 70kg, managed to lose 8kg within 2 months and have maintained over Christmas so I’m currently 62kg! I feel so much better having gone from a size 12 to 10 without it being too much trouble, and I wish you the best of luck with your journey.

Looking at your plan, I’d say you were being a bit too hard on yourself as the others have said. I would still at your BMR (1600 cals) or even slightly above, like 1750, for 5 days a week, and then cut it down to 500 on two days. You will still have a big deficit over the week which will enable you to lose weight, and also make sure you have the energy to go to the gym and work on toning!

I also go to the gym about 3 times a week, on my non-fast days, and it definitely did help my rate of weight loss! Although I’d like to get to 60kg I’m happy where I am now and just want to focus on making my body as strong and lean as possible 🙂

I would say if you generally do cut down on carbs/sugar you will find the journey easier as you will eventually have less cravings for ‘bad’ food, but as long as you stick to the calories it’s not really necessary…as for diet coke, I still drink it and find it’s a particularly good tool on fasting days, but perhaps others will chime in about health benefits.

Make sure you keep us updated! 🙂

Trouble with cutting down so drastically is when you plateau or stop losing weight you have no fall back plan.
    Eat a little more on your normal days so if your body needs a kick up the bum to get it going again, you can drop a few calories for a while 🙂
    This way of living is not a fast diet – its a way of life with fasting days, which has great benefits for the body one of which is weight loss.

Kelsi For a start that is a ridiculously fast weight loss–havent you read all the research and sad stories from all the rebounders–lost the weight quick then put on even more. but maybe you are a scam–why would it be free, there is always a hitch. Anyways goes against all the sensible and well researched weight loss advice.
    Maddystella you are on the right site here with us 5:2’s and the loads of experiences that are truly free with no hitches !!
    all the best with your fast days.

I tried to report the last post but it wouldn’t connect–so that’s why I have written my grrrummmp

double happy, I’ve reported kelsi10718’s post. It reads as spam to me too.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply.