October 2020 Monthly Challenge — RESET OCTOBER

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
October 2020 Monthly Challenge — RESET OCTOBER

This topic contains 503 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by  NorthGeorgia 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 401 through 450 (of 509 total)

• @brightonbelle – Don’t panic, I always go back to basics after a holiday (remember them?) and I’ve had a break, which invariably means weight gain.

Stay steady on ‘ordinary days’ reduce alcohol to a couple of days ie weekend, but don’t go daft. Chuck in a couple of FD’s thrown in and I’ve always recovered from any weight gain within a reasonable time scale … we know it works, just go quietly and your mojo will return.

Thanks @i-hate-lettuce 👍I’ve had a stern word with myself along the lines you suggest …..all I have to do now is stick to it 😄

Day 25 Wisconsin USA CD

Hello my forum friends,

NFD yesterday stayed on the sensible side of eating.

Attended the memorial for 20 minutes. There were about 40 people, all masked and socially distanced. Time and distance are key in the spread of the virus and I’m trying hard to do my part to keep our rapidly rising numbers.

Met my exercise goal, which was basically to do whatever I felt like doing. Managed to watch two film fest selections and both were great. Virtual film festival ends on Thursday at 11:59 pm and we still have a few films we are hoping to see.

@northerndawn how kind of you to read my blog. I understand what you’re saying about where we choose to practice in health care. I loved nursing because of that variety. Although I spent most of my time in the OR, in my 43 years I also worked in labor and delivery and then in rehab and long term care as an educator. So glad you have that connection to Waterton. It was simply a lovely place to visit, along with Banff and Jasper. It was the last trip we took prior to the travel ban so it remains vivid and close to our hearts. I truly hope you can get there in 2022.

Plan for Day 25:
    16:8, avoid sugar and processed foods.
    Continue steps, yoga and one other class (tai chi today)

Best wishes to everyone. Will catch up on posts later today.

Day 25 Minnesota, US NFD

I may try for OMAD or Fast5 to keep controlled today, in preparation for a good FD tomorrow. The scales are up since Friday; no surprise after a couple NFDs, but I need to nip that rise in the bud if I want to end the month satisfactorily.

@i-hate-lettuce Thanks for the explanation on your Rockery. It sounds superior to what we deal with here. We have a bermed area to the side of the front lawn consisting of many rocks and boulders and some soil between……not really sure what all it contains, as it’s quite compacted (We suspect it may be a pile of debris from when they dug out the basement, then covered it some with dirt and rock). It’s about five feet high at the top, and there it is somewhat flat for about 8-10 feet wide, then falls away very steeply into the woods. Former owners planted sedum, which has taken over much of planting space, and the stray bush here or there, some irises, daisies, evergreen ground covers, and allowed seedlings of this and that to crop up, and a couple of trees as well. I meant to clean it up this fall and start implementing a plan to give it a little more visual harmony, though still a naturalized look. It’s difficult to work on due to the angle/slope, and get’s quite slippery if it’s at all damp or wet, so I understand the need for mountaineering boots! Ahh, to be young and be able to scamper up and down and around such areas again with sure-footed abandon!

@brightonbelle I agree with @i-hate-lettuce Just aim for a good controlled, plain vanilla week of 5/2, or even FD800 a couple 2-3 times this next week, ease back into a routine, and go from there.

Have a good Sunday!

Day 25 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD

Ate decently yesterday, and the scale is sliding back down after Friday’s high sodium treat of nachos…but we’re having nachos again tonight since DS24 is here, so the scale will be up again tomorrow. Oh well; I’m on a downward path, and that’s such a celebration.

@songbirdme I hope you and DH escape from C19, and that the students and their family avoid getting it from the one son. I sure get how you felt after Friday’s loss; DH and I kept looking at each other in astonishment for the first seven minutes or so of the first quarter, saying, “Well, this is a GAME!” (because we’d expected a slaughter.) Then, unfortunately, our expectations came true. Oh well; I still love the Huskers.

@northerndawn Congratulations on a downward slide for the month! Your afternoon with DD and her family sounded absolutely perfect!

@betsylee I too am short and pear-shaped, with my excess weight in my hips and thighs; that’s one of things that make dresses so appealing, because it’s so much easier to find a dress that fits my upper body and “floats” around my lower body. At least it’s easier now to find slacks that fit well since my waist/hip ratio is 31/43 instead of the 23/40 it used to be!!!

@toady Aw, honey, as if the Queen of Rambling is going to call you to task!!! 🤣😂🤣😂 You ramble all you want! I loved reading about your over all goals, and plan to accomplish them; they sound perfect.

@i-hate-lettuce So glad you felt well enough to enjoy that beer yesterday. I had to look up what “acers” are and now can envision exactly what you mean. DS24 and I were talking as we prepared brunch as to what the British names are v. the American names, especially why it’s a Christmas Pudding and not “cake.” (My Google search says a pudding is steamed; a cake is baked. Yes?) This need to learn other terms is one of my favorite parts of being on the forum, to get exposed to all sorts of different words!

@brightonbelle Oh how I wish I could share some of my own self-discipline with you. I have no idea why it’s going relatively easily for me now, but is absolutely impossible other times; I spend a fair amount of time trying to analyze the difference, and I’m clueless. But if I could share some, I absolutely would!

@markie99 After I posted my comment to you, I told DH about it and looked on a map to see where it is; I had no idea it was so close to us! So perhaps a trip there doesn’t have to be so far in the future for us!

Have a great day, whatever it holds for you. See you all on the lists tomorrow!

Oh, and @basyjames, are you still good to be host for November?

Day 25 – USA/GA – FD

This is day one of the 4:3 week, and doing pretty good half-way through this day. Weigh in this morning was 239 lbs. Going to take tomorrow off work, so nice to have a NFD treat on a relaxing Monday. It’s been two weeks since I last weighed 242 (goal weight for September), so I ripped that link off my paper chain. I forgot how therapeutic that feels.

“Come on, Wesley. It’s 2:30. It’s time we hit the road.” Wesley’s voice from the closed door in the bathroom rises, “Towels! You can never say, ‘boy, I wish I hadn’t brought that towel with me” when you go camping.” I respond, “Wesley, it’s not really camping. It’s enjoying the outdoors and a little overnight stay in a cabin, or heck, maybe even a roadside motel. In either case, they have towels!” The door cracks open and I see a pair of lips moving. “Yes, but after you dry off with them, will you have any layer of skin left? I’ve been places where the towels will leave you with scrapes because they’re so rough. And who knows where they’ve been!” The door shuts and I roll my eyes and look over at Lola. Lola sighs and says, “Wesley, we’re going to take down your three bags to the car. We’ll come back up and help you with your last two bags after you’ve finished packing.” Lola and I shut the door behind us as we walk out of the apartment, each of us carrying one of Wesley’s bags. As we make our way down the stairs, Lola says, “he always gets himself into such a state. I hope we have enough room in the trunk once he’s finished.” Clip-clopping off the steps and onto the sidewalk, I nod in agreement. “I guess we should look on the bright side,” I say while searching my pockets for the car keys. “At least Wesley is nearly packed, so we’ll be on the highway soon.” We walk through the parking lot to the car. The day is beautiful. Only a few wispy clouds on the horizon. The sky is a brilliant blue, broken only by the passing of a few songbirds overhead. I open the trunk, take the bag from Lola, and put it and the bag I was carrying inside. Still room for a little more, but getting pretty packed now. I shut the trunk and put the car keys back into my pants’ pocket as Lola and I make our way back up to Wesley’s apartment.

Hope everyone had/is having a nice Sunday.

Pocket list: Day 25
    @northgeorgia

ZBC
    @northgeorgia

day 26, FD, Aus

First FD in far too long and I really need it! It’s going to be a horrendous busy week work wise, including midnight (midnight!!) zoom meetings with Europe so I am alert to the possibility of giving up on FDs.

Will catch up on posts later.

Day 26 – Japan – WFD #85 (I think)

I’m doing better, I think I had some sort of allergic reaction last week.

Day 26 – NSW, AU – MFD

A trip into the supermarket is a dangerous thing when you’re fasting. Ended up getting a box of Belvita minis that seem not too bad calorie wise & a iced fruit loaf. Ended up having a packet of the minis to break my 17 hour fast, a 100g carrot & the rest of the eggplant dip for lunch, a slice of the fruit loaf (mmm crunchy end bits) for afternoon tea & planning a Green chicken curry for dinner. The fruit loaf did put me 95 calories over but still under the 900 I say it’s good, confuse my system a bit.

Oh & 97.7kg (215lb) this morning. Only 16 more pounds til I’m under the 200!!

Day 26, Emden Germany, FD

After doing so well this month, I totally lost it this weekend so I need a good FD today.

I’m struggling with explaining in English today so only a short post.

@i-hate-lettuce Great advice!

@brightonbelle I agree with @i-hate-lettuce and @northerndawn about going back to bacics and perhaps tweak it a bit. It will work.

@betsylee My mother also carried most of her weight on her hips and thighs. She lost weight over the past years and is now enjoying the slim body she always dreamt of.

@songbirdme I hope you and your husband will be fine.

@stitchincarol and @northerndawn We’ll try to repair the gaps and see how it looks. DIY projects in this household can take forever, we’re great at starting something but it takes time to finish things. As we have an older cat, we need something easy to clean so carpet is not an option. The stairs are wide and made of concrete so we have to cover them troughout.

Pocket list day 26
    @penz
    @toady FD800
    @dykask WFD
    @northerndawn
    @snowflake56

ZBC day 26
    @penz
    @northerndawn
    @stitchincarol
    @daffodil2010
    @at
    @snowflake56

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 26 – Lake district UK – FD

Quick call in due to go in a minute, off out for an ‘early morning run’ …. NO I do not mean a run type run, I do not do running these days, I occasionally walk fast on my MOAM walks, but this morning early treatment, run out with the car …. Zzzzz

@stitchincarol – can be quite comical the different versions of the same word in different countries.

Going to risk the pocket list again, please chck for errers and speeeling mistooks!

Pocket list day 26
    @penz
    @toady FD800
    @dykask WFD
    @northerndawn
    @snowflake56
    @i-hate-lettuce

ZBC day 26
    @penz
    @northerndawn
    @stitchincarol
    @daffodil2010
    @at
    @snowflake56

Christmas pudding question. I’m really fascinated by the idea of a flaming cake called a pudding (sorry, just have to laugh at the difference between American and English nomenclature) and am planning to make one, and so am figuring out what pan I’ll use. I possibly have a pan that would work, but I found this on the internet. Would you all consider this a dandy pan to use, or do you see a problem with it?

https://www.google.com/shopping/product/7762737877113195731?q=christmas+pudding+basin&rlz=1C1GCEA_enUS758US758&sxsrf=ALeKk00yC7Gp3dX7jOjqT_uTFcujJXG_jw:1603696384771&biw=1366&bih=625&prds=eto:28372623302780250_0&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwim0YT62tHsAhXFWc0KHWspDMIQ8wII3gQ

Thanks!

Day 26 update

I did a nice run and am feeling good. I think running is better than walking when fasting because it doesn’t over stress muscles much but it does produce lactic acid which doesn’t happen much with walking. The lactic acid gets converted back to glucose and that tends to suppress appetite. At least it seems to work for me. I’m not sure how consistent it is for different people. In my case I was aware for years that a workout suppressed my appetite for a while.

Day 25 UK FD

OK this month hasn’t gone as planned but determined to at least end on a high

Pocket list day 26
    @penz
    @toady FD800
    @dykask WFD
    @northerndawn
    @snowflake56
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @brightonbelle

ZBC day 26
    @penz
    @northerndawn
    @stitchincarol
    @daffodil2010
    @at
    @snowflake56
    @brightonbelle

Day 26 OMAD London

Hello. I’ve not posted much but I’m here, reading everything. OMAD still holding firm – I’m a bit flexible at weekends but in general it’s easy and doable. I’m also back on the DTF wagon, finally, which is making the most difference.
    Just been reading about Adele and her 7 stone weight loss. I wonder if we will find out how she did that. Maybe she fasted.
    I took the earthing sheet off the bed to wash it, and DH had a dreadful nights sleep. He’s insisted I put it right back on.
    Have a good week, everybody.

Day 26 Melb Aust TDEE

Finding it easier to stick to TDEE days now, so gradual improvement in control over the past several days (A TDEE day for me is the TDEE I will have to keep to when I reach my goal weight, not my current TDEE).

@snowflake56,@stitchincarol, I was always more of a gourd shape, with a smaller waist, but in more recent years I’ve accumulated fat as a spare tyre below the bust. Still have a waist, though, just a roll of fat above it (sigh!). I remember my mother lost a lot of weight in her final several years, and had the best figure she’d ever had in her life, rather like your mother, @snowflake56. My goal is to copy her!! 🙂

@emma Taylor, interesting reaction from your husband re the lack of a the grounding sheet. He must be very aware of how much it has been helping him with his sleep.

Six days to the end of the month – my current goal is to end the month with no overall weight gain. Better that than continuing to gain weight like I did last year, undoing a lot of my good work earlier in the year. Not going to happen in 2020!

Keep well, stay safe everyone!

Post 2 – day 26

Back from early trip. Now pouring with rain, soup making and house jobs I think.

@stitchincarol – Yes, they are pudding dishes. We have plain white ones, years old! The pudding mix once made, is steamed long and slow, Mrs IHL steams them for 4 or 5 hours!
    They can survive in the fridge for a long time once steamed.

When it comes to serving, steam again for 2 hours. Turn the pud out onto plate and flame some brandy over it…… not too much !

Day 26 CD UK

This clock changing business always messes me up and it takes a few days to get used to it.

@i hate lettuce, cooked your Christmas cake on Saturday, looks and smells good.
    Puddings already made. Saw a post re pudding basins, sorry can’t find it at the moment but looked on the site mentioned and they are all suitable. I use a mixture of Pyrex and China basins.

Gave myself a big fright yesterday. Changed my cardigan for one of the same type ready to wash the old one. Gosh this is tight I thought, especially around the welt. I must have put on a lot more inches around the hips than I thought. Then again it may have shrunk when I washed it. Spent the whole morning like this until I took it off and looked the size tag………..what a relief ………it was a size smaller. I must have bought it when I was about 10 lbs lighter 2 years ago.

Back is slowly improving, a little bit each day so hopefully in a few more days it will be fine.

Am still trying to get my head around CD and am still on the stair above the landing so it doesn’t look as if I have reset in October. My body seems to think there is going to be a great shortage of food and I need to build up the fat. It hasn’t helped not exercising so definitely room for improvement.

TTFN

Day 26 – USA/GA – NFD (Off work!)

The scales sang a different kind of rock song this morning, between 239 and 238, so I helped make its decision and chose 238 lbs. Tomorrow will be my next FD of the week.

I open the door to Wesley’s apartment. Lola and I walk in to see Wesley on the couch, his bags packed — now four more instead of two. “Sorry about earlier,” he says. “I guess I just panic when going on a road trip.” Lola smiles, picking up the lightest bag. “Nothing to worry about. Do a run through of your little checklist and make sure all the lights are off, and we’ll be on our way.” I pick up two of the bags and see Wesley return with a suitcase. I stifle a laugh and Lola quickly grabs the last duffel bag on the couch, looking at me with hushing eyes. “Ready to go,” she asks? “Yes,” Wesley says, lifting what looks like at least 40 lbs. of luggage into the living room. “OK, let’s go,” I say, walking quickly outside, Lola behind me. We wait momentarily as Wesley drops his suitcase and locks his apartment door. Somehow, we make the staggering journey to the car and after five minutes of rearranging the bags, we get everything to fit and I shut the trunk. I check the rear of the car to make sure the end isn’t dragging the ground. It is visibly sitting a little lower than normal, but nothing too terrible. “I was just checking the air in the tires,” I lie. “Hop in!” Lola hops in the front seat and Wesley in the back, carefully fastening his seat belt. I crank the engine and put the transmission into reverse, backing out of the parking space. Lola turns the radio on as I shift into drive and pull out of the parking lot. “230s Overlook, here we come!” I shout. Lola screams in excitement while Wesley looks out of the window silently.

Good luck to everyone on the pocket lists today! Just under a week left!

Day 26 North Canton OH FD

I have been missing, missing missing in action. Computer issues, life issues, knee issues, everything issues 😂.

I still plan to host in November, I need the focus. Also I will be in Texas for most of the month helping my sister who just had her first baby- and I am looking forward to it.

like @brightonbelle this month has not gone as planned but I will end on a high note🎵

Pocket list day 26
    @penz
    @toady FD800
    @dykask WFD
    @northerndawn
    @snowflake56
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @brightonbelle
    @basyjames

ZBC day 26
    @penz
    @northerndawn
    @stitchincarol
    @daffodil2010
    @at
    @snowflake56
    @brightonbelle
    @basyjames

Day 26 Wisconsin USA OMAD

Good morning everyone.

Yesterday went according to plan for the most part except for one little slip (or sip).

My plan often includes avoiding sugar because I’m pretty sure I’m addicted to sugar. While walking in my neighborhood yesterday I stopped at a local coffee shop for a curbside pickup. As I pulled up the app and got ready to order my usual no-calorie americano, I suddenly thought of their delicious masala chai, and ordered that instead. A medium came in just under 200 calories and every sip was worth it. And, it didn’t lead to an all-out sugar fest, which was good.

I hope I’m on track for losing another pound by my Wednesday weigh-in, which will help with my October goal of losing 4 pounds. Even if I don’t fully meet them, I do feel good about pursuing goals every day this month thanks to this challenge.

Plan for Day 26:
    OMAD
    Drink lots of non-caloric and warming beverages
    Continue steps, yoga and an additional brief online class (15 minute walking class today).

Good luck to everyone. Glad we’re in this together.

USA. DAY 26. FD

I’ve been very busy babysitting, so I have mostly been reading posts. Today, my grandson is not here, so here I am!! Adding myself to today’s pocket list.

Pocket list day 26
    @penz
    @toady FD800
    @dykask WFD
    @northerndawn
    @snowflake56
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @brightonbelle
    @basyjames
    @ccco

The month is going well and I am losing, partially from running around with my grandson! Now that Fall is here, the gloomy cold, damp seasonal weather is back leading to fewer walks and more vigiliance with more diet. Have a great day, everyone!

Day 26 – Rural Nebraska, USA – FD

Well, I ate something yesterday that seriously disagreed with me because I was up much of the night in misery. The ongoing stomach knots will certainly make at least a portion of this FD effortless! 😂

@penz A MIDNIGHT Zoom call?? You absolutely have my sympathy!! Hope your day goes well!

@dykask, my DH is right there with you, because any sort of serious work out, a run, a bike, or work at the gym, not only removes his appetite but makes the thought of eating repulsive. I, on the other hand? I’m ravenous after working out, and ready to chow down, making my husband stare at me in stunned horror, LOL. Funny how different bodies have different reactions to exercise. So glad you’re feeling better!

@toady Great progress! We’ll all be tickled to celebrate your arrival in ONEderland!

@snowflake56 I have occasionally wondered about why your English was perfect, so your comment about struggling with English today stopped me in my tracks. Had no idea it wasn’t your first language, even though you’re a Dutch woman living in Germany! 👌

@brightonbelle Yay you for salvaging the part of the month available to you!

@EmmaTaylor Nice to hear from you. Amazing and wonderful how helpful the grounding sheet is for your DH; so glad you shared that detail as my sons think I’m promoting voodoo when I talk about grounding! 🤣😂

@betsylee One of the things that drives me wild with frustration is that there’s fat on my ribcage on my back! Since I’m only 3 pounds away from the top weight where I’m no longer overweight, that’s clearly not obesity-related, but is age-related. I keep wondering how much I’ll have to lose to have fatless ribs, LOL.

@i-hate-lettuce Thanks for the reassurance on the link I posted; I really like the idea of just putting on a lid instead of having to tie on parchment paper and aluminum foil, so will go ahead and order one of those.

@annabelle48 So glad your back is improving and you’re close to being pain-free!

@basyjames So bummed to hear about your life-computer-knee-everything issues this month, but so good to hear from you, and congratulations to you being an aunt to the new baby!

@markie99 Your masala chai sounds like an entirely reasonable treat; glad you got to enjoy it!

@ccco Glad to hear October is turning out successful for you!

Pocket list day 26
    @penz
    @toady FD800
    @dykask WFD
    @northerndawn
    @snowflake56
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @brightonbelle
    @basyjames
    @ccco
    @stitchincarol

ZBC day 26
    @penz
    @northerndawn
    @stitchincarol
    @daffodil2010
    @at
    @snowflake56
    @brightonbelle
    @basyjames

Exercise 30×5
    @stitchincarol

DTF
    @stitchincarol

Have a grand day, everyone!

USA. Day 26. FD

I thought I would also add myself to the DTF list.

Pocket list day 26
    @penz
    @toady FD800
    @dykask WFD
    @northerndawn
    @snowflake56
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @brightonbelle
    @basyjames
    @ccco
    @stitchincarol

ZBC day 26
    @penz
    @northerndawn
    @stitchincarol
    @daffodil2010
    @at
    @snowflake56
    @brightonbelle
    @basyjames

Exercise 30×5
    @stitchincarol

DTF
    @stitchincarol
    @ccco

Hope everyone’s day is going along well! 🙂

Day 26 USA (Illinois) FD

Hoping for a least a MFD if not a FD today. Light snow this morning.That’s not too unusual for October, but still it’s cold out there. Brought in all the green tomatoes the other day – going to hopefully get some to ripen in the brown paper bag technique.

I thought I would also add myself to the FD list.

Pocket list day 26
    @penz
    @toady FD800
    @dykask WFD
    @northerndawn
    @snowflake56
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @brightonbelle
    @basyjames
    @ccco
    @stitchincarol
    @songbirdme

ZBC day 26
    @penz
    @northerndawn
    @stitchincarol
    @daffodil2010
    @at
    @snowflake56
    @brightonbelle
    @basyjames

Exercise 30×5
    @stitchincarol

DTF
    @stitchincarol
    @ccco

Onward and downward.

Day 26 Minnesota, USA FD

Busy day…..Thanks for putting me on the FD and ZBC lists, @snowflake56 .

Pocket list day 26
    @penz
    @toady FD800
    @dykask WFD
    @northerndawn
    @snowflake56
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @brightonbelle
    @basyjames
    @ccco
    @stitchincarol
    @songbirdme

ZBC day 26
    @penz
    @northerndawn
    @stitchincarol
    @daffodil2010
    @at
    @snowflake56
    @brightonbelle
    @basyjames

Exercise 30×5
    @stitchincarol

DTF
    @stitchincarol
    @ccco
    @northerndawn

Day 27, NFD, Aus

Yawn.

I didn’t end up doing a FD yesterday but pretty sure it was well under TDEE. Sitting here now with a huge mug of coffee. Am going to need caffeine intravenously today I fear.

Zoom meeting finished at 0210, and it took me ages to turn the brain off to go to sleep. I was dead to the world when the alarm went off 4 hours later.

Day 27 – NSW, AU – CFD

Another day above the 800, oops, darn you tasty iced fruit loaf!! But worked out the total is still under 1000 calories, so happy with that anyway.

Half an hour at the gym this morning on the rowing machine (which was why I shouted myself some extra calories haha)

Work snackage was a banana to break my fast, a pack of Belvita minis but I put them about 10 metres (30ft) away so I had to walk to get them instead of sitting and stuffing my face. Lunch was some tomato & capscium (peppers) soup & wholemeal roll plus a slice of the fruit loaf & planning a nice microwave Cottage Pie meal for dinner before my starting my next 16:8.

Day 27 – Japan – NFD

Water fast went well, I think the run I did really helped. (~5.5km) Workouts seem to help the fasting as long as they don’t over stress muscles. Today I did 200 push-ups and my chest/shoulders are really sore, that wouldn’t be a good thing to do. However I’ve ran so many 1000’s of km that it isn’t too much do a run. Now I would shy away from doing interval training with running while fasting, because that does really stress the body. Fasting plus some stress is better than no stress for me, but it isn’t good to have too much stress.

@brightonbelle – I’m really into self sabotage! I think that is normal human behavior. 🙁

@stitchincarol – Maybe it is more of a guy thing. I can’t even really eat before a run, it makes me sick and afterwards I don’t want to eat right away. Decades ago when I was in high school there were even foods we were told to avoid while training like carrots and popcorn. They tended to cause people to throw up during training. However that training was so much harder than what I could do now. It would probably kill me now.

Day 27, Emden Germany, CD 💃

Yesterday became a CD, I’m just not in the mood to do a FD but I can live with it.

It’s so interesting to read what everyone is eating around the world. In the Netherlands a pudding is a custard and hearing about Yorkshire pudding always puts a smile on my face.

@stitchincarol My English isn’t that great, long posts take me forever but that’s just how it is. I know what you mean about the fat on your back. I also have it, I even have two folds somewhere in the middle but the fat disappears when I’m under 57 kg. No backless dresses for me at the moment.

@northerndawn You’re welcome!

I have to rush, dance class in 20 minutes so no lists today.

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 27 – Lake district UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

Another early ‘run’ for us today, at least the motorway section will be quiet! Tomorrow is even earlier start, with a full day ! So probably won’t be around in the morning? But there again you never know, it’s really surprising how things become a habit, it’s become ‘normal’ for me to pop in each morning with a coffee (or warm milk as it’s become this week)

Got back and managed a walk and finished filling the planters with plants and bulbs in the greenhouse.

Take care all

Day 27 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Quick post from me as I have spent time catching up on weekend posts and it’s almost time for work. You guys are such an interesting lot though, I love reading your posts.

The birthday weekend with Dad went great. He was here for two days, and we had the suprise Zoom call on Sunday. He thought we were skyping my sister who lives in the US, so when everyone else started popping onto the screen he was overwhelmed. It was such fun. As I said, there are 7 of us siblings, and everyone was there with their families, so Dad got to see all his children and grandchildren at the same time.

Of course it was bonkers and chaotic, everyone talking at once, then started the Halloween costumes show and tell and at one stage everyone had silly hats and masks on and a feather duster popped up from one of my brothers screens. Nuts. 😆

I dropped Dad home yesterday and he said he hadn’t felt so well in a long time. ☺️

Have a great Tuesday everyone.

Day 27 – USA/GA – FD

Weigh-in this morning was on the high side of 239 lbs. Very excited for today’s fast day. Doubt if I’ll meet this month’s target of 236 this week/month, but getting within a pound or two is going to be my hope!

I accelerate north on the highway leading out of town. Lola has put on some rather questionable music, but she’s having a great time swaying back and forth with her sunglasses on. Wesley is in the backseat looking down at his phone, texting something. It is a gorgeous afternoon and traffic is light. We pass several city blocks with green traffic signals. At the few traffic lights that were red, we see folks at the supermarket shopping, walking in the park, jogging with their dogs, and in one case, a windscreen washer dressed as a clown, whom Lola paid a ridiculous amount to wipe down the front glass. Slowly, the number of intersections with traffic lights diminish as do the height of the buildings. The amount of open spaces, fields, and trees between the homes and shops start to increase. Five minutes later, we’re in the open country, the sun beaming over our left shoulders. The music on the radio has thankfully changed to something a bit softer and the volume has been turned down so that we can hear each other speak. Wesley finally looks up from his phone and says, “no signal!”

Good luck to anyone and everyone on the pocket lists today!

Pocket list – Day 27

@daffodil2010
    @northgeorgia

ZBC day 27
    @northgeorgia

Day 27 – UK – CD

Another damp and drizzly day ☔️

Did manage to stick to a FD800 on Day 23 when I last posted but no other FDs since…….but they have been either CD or TDEE so a controlled weekend for a change……aiming this week to stay DTSunday which will be our 40th wedding anniversary 👩‍❤️‍👨

No walks recently but doing all my regular zoom classes 💪 and I have to admit forgot all about trying to do one of those Leslie walks…..

0830 zoom yoga class this morning with a new teacher – (I had met her in the past through my regular yoga teacher) – different teaching style and really enjoyed the class – I have signed up to doing a block of 10 consecutive Tuesday mornings with her 🙏 looking forward to different challenges!

Broke my fast earlier than usual today but just felt in need – maybe it’s the wet weather we have been having for the past few days – a lovely brunch of poached eggs on sourdough toast with a cup of tea 😋 that will see me until dinner tonight.

Baked OH an almond/pistachio plum cake over the weekend which he says is a keeper and also remembered to feed that Tropical Christmas cake……

@markie99 – enjoyed reading your blog and btw you look fabulous!! and loved the view behind you too
    @stitchincarol – how wonderful to hit your lowest weight since 2016/2017 – go you!!
    @snowflake56 – totally understand your lack of trust in the workmen and would rather resolve the problem yourselves or with a new company……good luck
    @toady – you are on a roll – keep going and stay focused
    @songbirdme – hope your student and their family are all OK and also that you have remained Covid free take care x
    @i-hate-lettuce – I used to make a Dorset apple cake for the club for the elderly that I volunteered at as it was one of their favourites
    @brightonbelle – You can turn this round and hop onto the 5:2 wagon and we will strap you in tight – grab my hand and I’ll pull you on
    @penz – good to see you and an under TDEE day is good although it sounds like it might have been a CD so even better!!!!
    @basyjames – good to hear that you are still on for November – as you say the focus might be good for you, especially as you will be away from home but what a lovely month it will be helping your sister with her new baby 👶
    @daffodil2010 – great to hear how wonderful your Dad’s birthday celebrations went – bet you were all a bit emotional 🤗

Pocket lists – Day 27

@daffodil2010
    @northgeorgia

ZBC day 27
    @northgeorgia

Exercise 30×5
    @at

DTF
    @stitchincarol
    @ccco
    @northerndawn
    @at

“If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started, I was desperately wishing to be where I am now”

Day 27 USA (Illinois) NFD

Good FD yesterday at about 300 calories. I’m so glad that one FD a week is working for maintenance. The other six days I’m able to be looser with what I eat as long as I do Silver Sneakers 3x per week and stay just about at TDEE.

Onward and downward.

Day 27 Wisconsin USA CD

Good morning everyone!

Happy with OMAD yesterday, hot beverages throughout the day really helped stave off the cravings. I love coffee and drink it black any time of day, but as the weather cools I turn to hot tea and love sipping it throughout the day as well. I usually drink herbal teas, but occasionally a strong black tea instead.

I want to add my feelings about exercise to the discussion. I know that exercise does not equal weight loss. I exercise for the feeling of well-being, for the tighter, stronger muscles and more flexible joints that exercise provides. At 71, I have to move every day if I want to hold on to as much fitness as possible. Working in long term care and rehab near the end of my nursing career, I saw many older people in care simply because they were no longer strong. They weren’t sick, they weren’t demented, but they were unable to complete their activities of daily living and could no longer be independent in their homes. So I try every day to do something extra, above and beyond my TDEE. That often spills over into healthy eating for me.

Plan for Day 27:
    16:8, avoid sugar and processed foods
    Continue walking, yoga and one other exercise (balance practice today)

@songbirdme, congrats on a successful FD and so glad you are doing SS so often.
    @at, thanks for the kind words, and hope you enjoy your yoga classes. Daily yoga is one of the best things I’ve ever done for myself and reading about your commitment helps me keep mine.
    @northgeorgia good luck on your fast day
    @daffodil2010, what a wonderful event for your dad, and for you too!
    @i-hate-lettuce, keep being amazing, and get rest in between.
    @snowflake56, just want to say your English seems effortless and perfect to me.
    @dykask, I’ve been wanting to ask, when you mention a water fast, is it just water or beverages made with water? Sorry if I’m being too literal.
    @toady, thanks for reminding me that I can’t have Belvita in my house at all in case I forget when I’m at the market later 🙂
    @penz, good for you for keeping under TDEE

Take care everyone. Can’t believe how close we are to the end of October. We can still find success, day by day.

Remember: We get fit in the gym, we lose weight in the kitchen.

Day 27 North Canton OH WFD

October was rough for me and I did not follow the plan that I had outlined for myself; ergo weight gain. Self sabotage much? But it was a really stressful one and I am just glad to still be standing.

Hopeful for a better November especially since I will be hosting. Also I will be helping with my new nephew who has the most adorable dimples.

In the meantime, I am thankful that I have picked myself up and I am beginning to get back on track. I also signed up for the maintain don’t gain challenge at work, which helps minimize the “kitchen sink” approach to EFS

@songbirdme your approach to maintenance is very inspiring

Pocket lists – Day 27

@daffodil2010
    @northgeorgia
    @basyjames

ZBC day 27
    @northgeorgia
    @basyjames

Exercise 30×5
    @at
    @basyjames

DTF
    @stitchincarol
    @ccco
    @northerndawn
    @at
    @basyjames

Day 27 – Rural Nebraska, USA – Fast5

Yesterday was spent almost entirely in bed; this morning I’m far better…moving slowly, but better. Funny how those bugs can just appear out of nowhere, eh? Didn’t pull off any exercise; I initially thought that if I just walked with Leslie, that’d get my blood pumping and I’d feel better, but I couldn’t even sit up for more than ten minutes. Today, however, is a new day!

@penz Your post made me laugh out loud at how you started it. Is that your only midnight zoom meeting, or will there be another? You have my sympathies on so little sleep!

@toady You’re doing so well; good job!

@dykask I wonder if you’re right about it being a guy thing not to be able to eat after heavy exercise of any sort. I’ve always guessed it was related to DH and my having very different shaped bodies: he’s tall and lean with no butt and very skinny legs (a perfect runner’s body, in other words) and I’m the exact opposite of every one of those descriptors.

@snowflake56 I’m dumbfounded. Truly, I am. You have excellent writing skills for someone who claims her English “isn’t that great”! I’m simply in awe at anyone who has any mastery at all of a second language.

@i-hate-lettuce I think of you often during my days, and each time I ask God to make the treatment heal you, and to keep you feeling as good as possible throughout. I hope today’s another good day for you; time spent in a greenhouse is always good time, right?

@daffodil2010 Awww, such a glorious story of your dad’s birthday zoom call; thanks for sharing!

@northgeorgia So glad to be out in the country with Lola, Wesley and you!

@at Your 40th? Congratulations! Do you have a lovely menu planned that you’re making, or will the celebration involve someone else cooking? And do tell about that almond/pistachio plum cake; it sounds glorious!

@songbirdme I’m hoping your silence on the question of C19 is because you feel fine?

@markie99 Excellent thoughts on why we exercise. Growing up, my mom would drive us downtown to shop (not unreasonable, because of the distance), then would drive us from the first store to the second store to the third store, and so on. The problem? The stores were all within three blocks. She never, ever walked when she could drive. And it showed in her old age. She’s gone now, but remembering how limited her physical strength was in her 80s and 90s is a huge part of my motivation to keep exercising. So your closing line is perfect: We get fit in the gym; we lose weight in the kitchen.

@basyjames So sorry to hear what a rough October you’ve had, and so glad to have you back and chattering. And dimples??? Awww!

Pocket lists – Day 27
    @daffodil2010
    @northgeorgia
    @basyjames
    @stitchincarol (800)

ZBC day 27
    @northgeorgia
    @basyjames
    @stitchincarol

Exercise 30×5
    @at
    @basyjames
    @stitchincarol

DTF
    @stitchincarol
    @ccco
    @northerndawn
    @at
    @basyjames

Monday Musing, a day late: I keep forgetting to be thankful.

I remember that I weighed 16 pounds more back in February, and I’m glad that I no longer do…but I forget how long I was there, how awful it was, and how much of a contrast my current weight is. I keep forgetting to be thankful. Instead, I spend most of my time wishing the rest of the weight would come off faster, that I’d get to 142 (7 pounds) and then 137 (12 pounds) and then 132 (17 pounds). And in all that longing, I forget to be thankful that I’m no longer 166, that I’ve already made this much progress.

So my challenge to you is this: what can you celebrate that you tend to ignore as you focus on future goals? Never ignore the progress you’ve already made, and celebrate it!

USA. Day 27. CD

Can’t believe October is almost over! I’ve lost 7 lbs. and I don’t think I will lose much more this month! I can’t believe my sister has lost 18 lbs. on the Keto diet in just a few weeks but she is getting help from her doctor who is also a nutritionist. Even her blood pressure went way down!

Adding myself to today’s Pocket lists – Day 27
    @daffodil2010
    @northgeorgia
    @basyjames
    @stitchincarol (800)

ZBC day 27
    @northgeorgia
    @basyjames
    @stitchincarol

Exercise 30×5
    @at
    @basyjames
    @stitchincarol

DTF
    @stitchincarol
    @ccco
    @northerndawn
    @at
    @basyjames

Day 27 MN, USA MFD

It was only 15 F (-9.4 C) when I got out of bed, it has risen to 27 F (-2.8 C) while I type at 1045, so perhaps we will make it above freezing this afternoon. The early cold temps have caught me without a good plan for transitioning into winter, and it’s affected my fasting, my appetite, and my exercise routines. I’m adjusting, I think, but October is not going to be a great month for me as far as weight loss.

@daffodil2010 What a wonderful birthday your father had! Such good memories, and I’m sure it lifted his spirits. I’m so glad it went so perfectly for you and your family!

@snowflake56 I hope you enjoyed your dance class! I also admire your language skills……You speak your native Dutch as well as German and English, and maybe another (I forget)? That is wonderful. Here in the USA, until the last couple decades, we rarely even heard a different language and only learned one in the classroom if we chose to. And then little chance to use it.

@stitchincarol I’m glad you are feeling better. Any ideas what caused the illness? It sounded dreadful!

@ccco Wow! 7 lbs!!!! That is great, and shows that you are doing well with your disciplined way of eating….it doesn’t just happen from running after a grandchild. LOL.

@markie99 You are so right about staying active as you age. I tell myself that it is also much easier to maintain muscle, strength, and balance when older than to gain it back. I really need to keep that in mind and use it to motivate myself.

@basyjames Congrats on your new, dimpled nephew….your sister will be so grateful for your help! And I’m looking forward really buckling down in November and making and keeping some firmer goals for fitness and weight loss.

Pocket lists – Day 27
    @daffodil2010
    @northgeorgia
    @basyjames
    @stitchincarol (800)
    @northerndawn (800)

ZBC day 27
    @northgeorgia
    @basyjames
    @stitchincarol
    @northerndawn

Exercise 30×5
    @at
    @basyjames
    @stitchincarol
    @northerndawn

DTF
    @stitchincarol
    @ccco
    @northerndawn
    @at
    @basyjames

@stitchincarol – yes, feeling fit and fine. Spent the day in Madison, WI today while some car work was done.

@markie99 – we’ve loved using the dealerships in Wisconsin so much better than ours in Illinois! Also, our SS teacher works at the hospital pain clinic, and she is ALWAYS telling us about people who stopped moving that brought on pain. Needless to say, we don’t want to be there at her clinic! 🙂

Day 27 – UK – 16:8 ZBC

It’s been so lovely reading everyone’s messages and seeing the ups and downs and the sharing and support
    I’m grateful to each one of you 🙂

This month has been a real learning for me
    Doing Fast 800 and exercising daily was so easy over the summer and the weight melted off!
    But it’s cold and dark now, I need more sleep and more calories!
    Iv really struggled to make progress this month
    But that’s all learning and can hopefully help me find more sustainable habits going forward

I think I might move The fast 800 now and try 5:2 or 4:3 that way I’m being realistic about how much food I need in winter and if I’m feeling like eating more on a FD I can tell myself just to wait as I can eat more tomorrow

I’m feeling like I need some sort of reboot to get me losing again
    But also aware it’s a journey and I need to commit long term
    Hopefully I can maintain at least in October and aim to lose weight slowly and steadily over the next few winter months
    We’ve got the heating on now so hopefully that will help we feel more energised and more likely to exercise

Have a happy evening everyone 🙂

Day 28, NFD, Aus

I’ve caught up on my sleep. I slept all the way through until 5am, then I managed to snooze until 7. Luxury!!! But my poor dogs didn’t get their early morning walk as a result and they let me know their displeasure.

Another midnight zoom meeting on Thurs and Fri. Bleck.

Day 28 – NSW, AU – CFD

Day started off OK, 30 minutes doing my weight workout at the gym while fasting then went to work. Another packet of Belvita Minis to break my fast, the rest of the soup and a roll for lunch along with some more fruit loaf.

When added to my dinner I got just under 1000 calories for the day, so not really sticking religiously to the 800 limit, but I do feel that mixing it up a bit (especially for the odd yummy treat) might make my body confused and not expect that it’ll always be getting 800 calories a day so when I go off the Fast800 I won’t just pile the weight back on.

Day off tomorrow and probably going to have a bit more… don’t want that tasty fruit loaf to go mouldy now, do I?

Day 28 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Not such a great FD and I am back at Octobers start weight, so the aim to lose 5lbs is not going to happen. I will really have to rethink everything, AGAIN, and get off this ever increasing trajectory.

However I feel good in myself, I am sleeping so well, I enjoy my life, so I am not despondent……but I need something different. I won’t be leaving this forum however, I love popping in here every day,mt bough lately it’s more about catching up on everyone’s lives rather than sharing my FD success and failures 😆

Tonight I visit my friend for dinner and overnight stay. She lives alone and asked me to be her social bubble. I look forward to this evening, but I fear that in the past week I have been around way more people than I should during this lockdown….what with the people in the office, the family funeral, Dad up to visit, and now visiting my friend, I think I will keep myself to myself from tomorrow as much as possible.

@markie99 and @stitchincarol…both of your posts about movement really resonated with me, you too @songbirdme. I have been fairly active all my life, a real gym bunny when I was younger, and even when much heavier than now, I still always moved. It’s from seeing my friend ( who is now 66) being crippled with hip pain at my age now.(53)……I dunno, I was inspired not to let that happen to me, terrible though that sounds.

Hence all the Leslie walks, weights, stretches….I will not let lack of movement have me in a painful way when I get older. So thanks ladies for your perspective and it’s inspiring me to continue getting out and about 😄

I can’t believe it’s Hump Day already 🐫

Just thinking about @michelinme this morning, it’s been a while.
    Also shout out to @flourbaby….not like her to be absent without leave 😄

Have a great day, stay safe.

D28 UK Lake District

I am still here and reading posts.

I have missed you all but feel very negative about everything at the moment hence not posting.

It has been lovely to hear what you have all been up to over the past few days and will be back posting when I can get my head around things. I know what to do and hopefully soon will be back on the wagon.

DH is doing well with chemo.

Good luck to everyone on the pocket lists today, I hope you are successful and if you are not on a list like me then there is always tomorrow.

Day 28 Melb Aust TDEE

Finally seeing some control coming back to my eating, which is a wonderful feeling, when I’d lost it for most of the month. Looks like I’ll be at or close to the weight at which I started the month, and for me, that’s a win – compared with last year when I gained more than 2 kgs in October.

@daffodil2010, what a wonderful birthday you and your siblings gave your dad – something for him, and all of you, to remember.

@dykask, feeling less hungry after good solid aerobic exercise isn’t just a guy thing I don’t think, just a difference between people, because it works for me, too. I’ve done a lot of extra walking the past couple of days, and have felt less hungry. It doesn’t seem to make sense, but that’s how it is.

@basyjames, I sympathise with your October, having spent most of it in the same situation. Mine seems to have turned around, so let’s hope yours does, too.

@stitchincarol, I celebrate the fact that this year, in contrast to last year, the upward yo-yo trend has been cut short, yay! Maybe I’ll start the downward movement again and get past the lowest weight reached earlier this year.
    By the way, I have bulges at the back, as well. I think, as @snowflake56 said, it will all eventually disappear as the weight goes low enough. I’m certainly hoping so, anyway. I’d like to see the “handlebars” disappear, never to be seen again 🙂

Onward and downwards everyone, for the last few days of October.

Day 28 UK NFD

Read through the posts and can relate to quite a lot – @bellalondon I’m with you on the cold/ sleep/food thing .Maybe we’ve descended from hibernating creatures ? @daffodil2010 I too have seen friends end up in a position that scares me, and now more than ever I’m very conscious of trying to be as fit and healthy as possible

Think @i-hate-lettuce had an extra early start this morning Hope it’s going well and big hugs to our missing friends – amongst others – @flourbaby @jaifaim @michelinme xx

Day 28 – USA/GA – NFD

This morning, I weighed in and hit 238 lbs. for the 2nd time. I’ll have my final FD tomorrow. I don’t think 236 lbs. is in the cards, but 237 lbs. might possibly show up before the end of the month. A co-worker (who’s been mostly working at home all this time) was in the office yesterday and commented that it looked like I’d lost some weight. It’s a good feeling when other people notice!

“Wesley, we’re headed out into the great outdoors. You’re going to lose signal from time to time,” I say. “There is still a pretty good signal at the Overlook.” My words don’t seem to comfort Wesley. “If we were in an accident right now, how would anyone ever find us? That’s very worrying!” Lola looks into the backseat at Wesley. “You’re right. Out of all of the cars zipping up and down this well-traveled national highway, no one would ever spot travelers in distress. What would we ever do?” “You don’t know these people! Who knows what they would do to us!” Wesley responds angrily. Lola turns up the radio while Wesley slumps back into his seat, arms crossed. I raise my eyebrows and sigh as I continue down the road. We cross a county line and within two minutes, we’re in a small town. I pull into the parking lot of an out-of-place chain convenience store and put the car into park. “I think we could do with a little fresh air and stretch of the legs, don’t you?” “Yes! There’s signal here! Four bars!” Wesley says. Lola hops out of the car, slams the door and marches into the store. After Wesley and I get out and close the doors, I lock up and join Lola inside.

Good luck to everyone on the pocket lists today!

Day 28 Wisconsin USA

Good morning! CD was on target yesterday and this morning’s weight indicates a third pound is gone this month, bringing me to 157. Didn’t quite meet my October goal of losing 4 lbs, but I’ll take any loss.

We FaceTimed with our son, daughter in law and grandchildren (grandson, 9 and granddaughter 8) last night. They live in Madison, about an hour away from us. It was so good to see their faces as we talked and caught up on what we’re all up to.

Plan for Day 28:
    16:8, avoid sugar and processed foods
    Continue steps, yoga and one other class (online SS Classic today)

@stitchincarol, re: Tuesday Monday musing, I guess I could simply focus more on accomplishments instead of what I’m unable to do. I’ve been working with a volunteer opportunity in a variety fo ways for the past 2 years. Despite the hours I’ve spent, I sometimes dwell on the times I was unable to participate because of other responsibilities or simply because I needed a break.
    @basyjames, you have a great attitude and I’m glad you’ll be hosting November.
    @ccco, what an accomplishment! Hope you take some time to appreciate and admire yourself.
    @northerndawn, we are winter sisters for sure. I thought of you Monday morning when we had some snow that stuck, if only for a few hours.
    @songbirdme, you are an honorary Wisconsinite for sure 🙂
    @bellalondon, I like your thoughts on slow and steady weight loss. When I get anxious about losing too slowly, I’ll try to keep slow and steady in mind.
    @penz, I find myself picturing a night sky with the words “midnight zoom” moving rapidly through stars whenever you mention your meetings 🙂 . Good luck.
    @daffodil2010, I don’t think your remark about your friend is unkind at all. It’s realistic to look around and see the role models we want to follow and those we want to avoid. Hope you enjoy your time with your friend.

Good luck to everyone today.

Keep in mind: We get fit in the gym, we lose weight in the kitchen.

Viewing 50 posts - 401 through 450 (of 509 total)

You must be logged in to reply.