October 2020 Monthly Challenge — RESET OCTOBER

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
October 2020 Monthly Challenge — RESET OCTOBER

This topic contains 503 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by  NorthGeorgia 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 351 through 400 (of 509 total)

• Day 21 USA (Illinois) NFD

I actually ate up to my TDEE yesterday, but that included a piece of pumpkin pie my piano student’s mom gave us. I don’t generally like (or make) pumpkin pie, but since it was a present… what was I to do? Throw it in the bin??!

Silver Sneakers this morning and some shopping has kept me going. Starting on an Italian Stew recipe I created a few years ago. I need to use up some of our tomatoes that have ripened. Not sure if we will get many more as the weather has turned so cold. This stew I make does not have any carbs – somewhat similar to minestrone but no pasta. Today I am going to add some spaghetti squash along with sausage, tomatoes, vegetables, and broth.

@northgeorgia – you’re doing so well with your little ups and downs! Yeah for your great attitude.

@stitchincarol – yes, I’ve just started making hot tea instead of summertime iced tea. It really does warm me up in the afternoons and evening. I get the decaf varieties of flavored tea. My fave is Constant Comment, that was also my mother’s fave.

Onward and downward.

Day 22, Emden Germany, FD800

My DH has to work today so I’ll have time to shorten my new pants. It’s easier to do this when I’m not distracted.

@toady We’ve all been there, it just happens. “Chocolate coated raspberry liquorice strips”, that’s a new combination for me. I can’t even imagine how that tastes.

@markie99 The pants I bought are normal ones, not stretchy ones. They fit well on waist and bum but have wider legs than normal straight ones. I never thought of wearing sportswear at home but I’ll try it out. During summer I only wear dresses and every year I have to get used to wearing pants again, dresses are so much more comfortable. I think you’re right about needing comfortable clothing as we’re being at home more now. I also do the red shoe Leslie walk like @stitchincarol does. It’s fun to do and 30 minutes are over before you know it.

@stitchincarol I often think, the weight shown at the scales has nothing to do with the amount of food I had the day before. My weight can be the same after a day with lots of food and go up after a good FD. The charity shop is the best shop for buying clothes we have in town. As a lot of people bring their unwanted clothes and books to the shop, the turnover is huge. It’s always worth to have a look as the quality of the clothes is good. The pants I bought are all new and all pockets are still sewn up.

Pocket list day 22
    @at FD800
    @daffodil2010
    @snowflake56 FD800

ZBC day 22
    @at
    @daffodil2010
    @snowflake56
    @northerndawn
    @stitchincarol

Exercise day 22
    @at
    @daffodil2010
    @snowflake56
    @northerndawn
    @stitchincarol

DTF day 22
    @at FD800
    @daffodil2010
    @northerndawn
    @stitchincarol

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 22 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Good morning all. Not the usual Thursday FD as I have already had eggs and kefir for breakfast as I felt I needed it. Maybe it’s hormones? I feel good though I was very thirsty last night for some reason, I know I am not drinking enough water.

So lockdown starts today for minimum 6 weeks. Not much change for me as I still go to the office, but all non essential retail is closed so I guess I will need to go online now for any clothes and Christmas shopping. I think we might put our Christmas tree and decorations up earlier this year to give ourselves a boost.

Have a good day.

Day 22 (already!!!!!) OMAD London

Back safely, thank you. London seems very grim. Maybe everywhere is. I’ve got back on the DTF wagon and feel much better for it, but I won’t put myself onto the daily Pocket list because once Brad started putting me on it, I started cheating. Maybe that’s what went wrong with our marriage….
    I have now got a new date for the varicose vein operation which was cancelled at the very start of lockdown, but it is a complete palaver and very disruptive. DH actually has to move out of the flat for three days before the op so we can isolate. They did suggest using different bedrooms and bathrooms. That does presuppose you have spares! That is coupled with the longest form I’ve ever seen, three days of purdah at home on my own, and four long expensive taxi rides as public transport is forbidden. But, I just don’t want to put it off forever. Hey ho.
    @snowflake 56 – I’m with you on the dresses front. When I see people squashed into jeans it makes my stomach hurt. Dresses are so comfortable.
    @IHL – thinking of you and hoping you are alright. You are amazingly chirpy for someone who is going through a very tough time. Let’s hope it’s over soon and you are back with us.
    Happy Thursday all.

Day 22 – Lake district UK – FD

Good morning everyone

Bit later start after a full day yesterday, but happy to report feeling very well this morning, early days yet I know, but will take it, soon be week one gone!

Yesterday first thing full pre chemo check-up, the nurse had spotted on the notes the weight loss over the last year and when she was going through taking weights and measures, (weight, height, BP and several other things) I could tell her what everything was on Friday. The big surprise was I’ve put on a couple of kilos, but that was clothed and wearing shoes, but wasn’t wearing several layers! But had been feeding up as advised in preparation for all this treatment.

So we have an agreement, I carry on as much as I had been doing re 5:2 ie 2 FD’s a week, cut back to eating as I had been. But must try and keep within a Kilo of my lowest weight, preferably above and not below, we will all monitor weight, They had advised feeding up as almost everyone loses weight and struggles to eat later on, but they listened and we came to an agreement very quickly.

But feeling good, intending to get out this weekend for a series of short walks and or more lightweight gardening, I’ve got my eye on a shrub that’s managed to avoid the barbers this year, but just needs the old wood taking out!

Take care all, I’m on a list today wow !

Pocket list day 21
    @northgeorgia
    @northerndawn FD800
    @i-hate-lettuce

ZBC day 21
    @northgeorgia
    @at
    @northerndawn
    @stitchincarol
    @daffodil2010
    @snowflake56

Exercise day 21
    @northerndawn
    @stitchincarol
    @daffodil2010
    @toady

DTF day 21
    @stitchincarol
    @northerndawn
    @daffodil2010

Day 22 – NSW, AU – MFD

Managed an 18 hour fast today, as it’s my day off I just had a cup of black tea and relaxed for a bit. Lunch was some more couscous (I got 3 tubs reduced in price because the expiry date was the 23rd, so enjoying them) and dinner was a Chilli Con Carne and rice microwave meal, full of salt I know but they’re quick and easy after work.

@markie99 – I know, we all have tumbles off the wagon.

@stitchincarol – I discovered that yesterday’s “binge” total calories was under my TDEE, so don’t feel TOO bad about that. And as for the gym, if I’m awake early enough to get in a workout before work I’ll do it, otherwise I’ll just fit in around people in the afternoon. Other than my upper body workout yesterday I did calf raises with a heavier weight… and still feeling it like 36 hours later, but I can see the muscle definition improving there so I’m happy about that.

@snowflake56 – I can’t stand the taste of the original kind of liquorice but love the raspberry, really they’re just like those raspberry candies dipped in chocolate. I used to a packet of raspberry liquorice ‘bullets’ during my midnight snacking, but with fasting each night I still get the desire to do it but my willpower’s getting better.

And despite that day I was still under the 100kg (220lb) mark when I weighed myself at work after lunch… I really hope that with continuing with the Fast800 and Intermittent Fasting that I’ll drop another 10kg (22lb) by the time I go home to visit my mother at Christmas.

Day 22 UK FD

Ahh a bit of sun this morning managed to lift my spirits ☀️ @daffodil2010 another lockdown ? I worry this is going to take a lot longer than we originally though but as long as we’re all sensible hopefully 2021 will be a better year

Good news @i-hate-lettuce 👍

Great to read everyone’s posts x

Day 22 – USA/GA – NFD

Good morning! Weigh-in: 239 lbs. Well, I don’t think I’ll be 236 by next Saturday. I will do a 4:3 next week to push myself downwards, but the rate of loss has slowed, which I expected was happening. It’s not quite a plateau, but very close. I’ll reset my goals in November to match the new rate of loss, but lately my stomach has been gurgling more often soon after eating. I wonder if a whoosh is coming (or a bug??).

I did refresh myself about weight loss plateau causes on https://www.webmd.com/diet/obesity/features/plateau-no-more

Some old data there, claiming exercise is the only way to lose weight (LOL, yeah, right)! But some tips are good reminders. The most likely cause of a plateau is an increase in calorie intake or a decrease in physical activity; even a slight loss of muscle will reduce metabolism. In my mind, I also read “increase in calories” as a decrease in the TDEE. My primary issue over the past few months is not doing my evening walks. I get home so late, it’s nearly dark, and it’s dark when I leave in the morning, too. I’ll need to find something I can sustain and enjoy doing at home until spring gets here. I just don’t enjoy indoor walking, unfortunately. I know my water intake has decreased, and I need to seriously look at my NFD meals and my revised TDEE again. Anyway, if you look at most folks who have lost a lot of weight and graphed it, you’ll find it isn’t a constant line downward. It curves and plateaus quite a few times before it starts moving again. I just have to keep focused on my goals. Besides, I’m still losing, just at a tortoise pace this month, and more to the point, the smaller clothes are fitting. I’m nearly at the last loop in my belt and bought a smaller size belt a couple of weeks ago in preparation!

“Good morning!” Lola says to me, with her two duffel bags. “It’s such a beautiful day!” I look at my watch, “but it’s afternoon.” Lola laughs. “Well, we just got up, so for us, the day has just started!” I open the trunk of the car and help Lola with her bags before putting mine inside. “I guess Wesley isn’t down yet?” I close the trunk of the car. “No, of course not. He’s probably still in bed.” “Let’s wake him up,” Lola says. We grin at each other and creep up the stairs to just outside his apartment door. “Shhh!” Lola tries to keep me from giggling. “Ready?”

A week and a half. We can do this, everyone!

Day 22 Minnesota, USA FD

I’ll get the list on this post and comment on posts later:

Pocket list day 21
    @northgeorgia
    @northerndawn FD800
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @brightonbelle
    @northerndawn

ZBC day 21
    @northgeorgia
    @at
    @northerndawn
    @stitchincarol
    @daffodil2010
    @snowflake56

Exercise day 21
    @northerndawn
    @stitchincarol
    @daffodil2010
    @toady

DTF day 21
    @stitchincarol
    @northerndawn
    @daffodil2010

Day 22 Wisconsin USA FD500

Good morning everyone!

A dark and rainy day in southeast WI. My rain gear is ready to go, and I’m planning to be ready to go after I post this.

Later today I’m attending a virtual zoom event as a member of the WI Writers Association. It’s a craft talk about writing and some members are doing readings as well. I’m reading a brief (less than 2 minute) piece about a past experience as an operating room nurse. I’m beyond excited to read, and grateful that I can share that news here on this forum.

Planning to complete my second FD in October today.

@songbirdme, your soup sounds good, and reminds me that we love minestrone and now would be a good time to make some.
    @snowflake56, I just found many Leslie videos on YouTube. Amazed I’ve never looked for them there. Years ago I checked her tapes/dvds out of the library. Thank you so much for the suggestion – this will be useful down the road as our weather gets more intense.
    @daffodil2010, all good wishes to you for staying safe.
    @i-hate-lettuce, I second everything @emma-taylor said about you.

Good luck to everyone, whichever path you are taking to health and a healthy weight.
    Remember, only you can program those voices in your head.

Plan for Day 22:
    FD500
    Complete steps and exercise (Yoga today).

Pocket list day 21
    @northgeorgia
    @northerndawn FD800
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @brightonbelle
    @northerndawn
    @markie99

ZBC day 21
    @northgeorgia
    @at
    @northerndawn
    @stitchincarol
    @daffodil2010
    @snowflake56
    @markie99

Exercise day 21
    @northerndawn
    @stitchincarol
    @daffodil2010
    @toady
    @markie99

DTF day 21
    @stitchincarol
    @northerndawn
    @daffodil2010

Day 22 – Rural Nebraska, USA – FD

First, 148.6. Then, 147.8. Finally, 148.0. @northgeorgia did you give your scale permission to plot with mine?????

We have a funeral today, and I’m about ready to walk out the door to go get my organ music set up, so individual responses will have to wait until later, but here’s my little bit of…

…Thursday Thoughts!

I saw a book recently and it caught my attention. I didn’t buy it; I didn’t even “look inside.” But, oh, do I remember it. And the title has become a mantra for me.

DELAY, DON’T DENY.

Yesterday and Tuesday were both a bit challenging for me. I was way below 1000, but don’t know if I was below my goal of 800, and that’s because of all the nibble things that were doing a siren song for me. I got through the moments, the days, by saying over and over, “Delay, don’t deny. Not yet, supper’s coming. Not today, it’s not yet Friday. Not that, let’s have this.” And I’d follow every thought with “It’s going to be hard, BUT HARD IS NOT IMPOSSIBLE.”

I hope this helps any of you on this day that is so often a FD.

And now I’m off and will be back later.

Day 22 MN, USA FD 2nd post………OOPS the list!

somehow the list that got copied was from Day 21…..

Here is, I think, the Day 22 version (thanks @snowflake56) with the updates since her post:

Pocket list day 22
    @at FD800
    @daffodil2010
    @snowflake56 FD800
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @toadyMFD
    @brightonbelle
    @northerndawn
    @markie99
    @stitchincarol

ZBC day 22
    @at
    @daffodil2010
    @snowflake56
    @northerndawn
    @stitchincarol
    @markie99

Exercise day 22
    @at
    @daffodil2010
    @snowflake56
    @toady
    @northerndawn
    @stitchincarol
    @markie99

DTF day 22
    @at FD800
    @daffodil2010
    @northerndawn
    @stitchincarol

I hope this includes everyone on their appropriate lists.

Post 2 day 22

Ahhhh ….. The pocket list for day 21 that I copied and pasted for day 22

It was me wot did it guv’ straight cough, I’m not myself at the moment though guv’ it’s the lack of beer that does it you know. Hope the ‘beak don’t send me to the beadle, don’t fancy the gruel they serve up there in the workhouse, anyway you can’t transport me to Australia or the colonies guv’ cos of this covid thing! I know the plagues gone but this covid thing is stopping the ships from sailing! Sorry guv.

…. Maybe I’m not doing quite as well as I thought I was!

….Maybe it’s the ‘chemical breakfast’ kicking in, although low calories not sure about the list of contents!

….Maybe I was overwhelmed at being able to put my name on the FD pocket list today!

Promise I’ll buck up when the beer flow starts again at the beginning of December 😉

Take care all.

Day 22 2nd post

@i-hate-lettuce……LOL, no harm done, all is good! At least you have an excuse or two for copying/pasting the wrong list…..I have done that a couple times before, and without any legitimate excuse at all! I hope you feel good enough to do your garden pruning and green house work this weekend. It will remain 1.1C here, mix of snow, ice and sleet today, and not get much warmer for the next week. I already miss my garden work. Very sad about that. It’s just too early for winter to start.

Day 22 – Rural Nebraska, USA – FD…well, sorta

I had a small bit of the box lunch that was provided at the funeral lunch, so I’m going to have to be careful at supper not to go over calories, but that sandwich was amazing, so I’m not feeling any regret.

@songbirdme You made me laugh. Of COURSE you had to eat that slice of pumpkin pie, and of COURSE you couldn’t just throw it away!

@snowflake56 Wow, your shop has far nicer things than the Goodwill I go to, where there is occasionally a new item of clothing, but generally all used. Making progress on hemming those pants?

@daffodil2010 Everything about this year is different, isn’t it? One thing I can say about Covid-19: people will never again take for granted the joy of gathering with friends and loved ones, eh? Good luck with weathering Ireland’s lockdown. Nebraska’s governor just put in place some restrictions, including “no gatherings for Thanksgiving.” It will be a quiet meal this year, for sure!

@EmmaTaylor Do let us know exactly when your surgery date comes, so we can keep you in our thoughts. I hope it goes wonderfully well and ends up feeling worth all the hoops and commotion you’re having to go through. And I’m with you and @snowflake56: I LOVE wearing dresses.

@i-hate-lettuce What a thrill to see you on a list today! I’m so glad you’re feeling well so far and hope it lasts for you. I wish I could garden today also; I’ve lots of autumn clean-up to do but it’s drizzly and far too muddy to accomplish anything. I hope you’re having lovely fall clean-up weather!

@toady Great job on enough gym work that you’re seeing muscle definition!

@brightonbelle How lovely that you have sun today; would you be so kind as to enjoy it more than you already are, vicariously for me??? 😉

@northgeorgia I entirely agree with you that exercising alone doesn’t result in weight loss. On the other hand, I’ve dealt with my own particular thirty pounds enough in my adult life to know that exercise is a crucial component if I’m to lose weight. I hope you’re able to find some sort of aerobic and resistance exercise that’s appealing–or, at least, tolerable–to you to get you through to spring. And congratulations on that 239, nice and solidly!!

@markie99 How delightful about your Zoom call with other writers. I’m actually a member of the Nebraska Writers Guild, although as an associate, as I’m an editor, not a writer. What all have you written?

@i-hate-lettuce NO BEER UNTIL DECEMBER????? (Yes, I’m hollering.) Wowza. Oh, honey, you have my deep and complete sympathy. Next time I remind my whining self I have to wait for Friday, I’ll think of you and not feel anywhere near as sorry for myself! But…how come? Does alcohol interfere somehow with chemo/radiation?

@northerndawn Do I remember this was the day you were supposed to get 4″ of the white stuff? We were supposed to be sunny and 78. Hah. Day by day, the forecast lowered, and the reality is drizzly and cold at 39F/4C. Yeah, I’m not ready for winter yet, either!

Okay, time to get ready to teach piano lessons. Have a grand rest of your day, everyone, and remember: Delay, don’t deny; it’s going to be hard, but hard is not impossible.

Day 22 3rd Post

@stitchincarol…….Day 20 (Tuesday) after I posted, we got 8 plus inches of snow (22+ cm) and it did not melt as they expected. I spent the day roasting beef soup bones for broth and various vegetables. It was very lovely watching the snow, working in the kitchen, but I did fall off the DTF wagon. I just had to open a bottle of wine to enjoy while making my bone broth, soups, etc. and watching the snow fall. I did enjoy it, I must admit.

Yesterday, it snowed gently and lightly. Not a lot. This morning we had thunder and lightening, sleet, rain, snow, and then rain. It stayed too slick to get out and walk. So another indoor walk, which is okay, but I prefer to be outside to walk. Anyway….maybe tomorrow. No expected warm up over freezing for the next week, though, so time to dig out the insulated pants!

“Delay, don’t deny” has helped me through today’s FD very nicely! Thanks!

My plan for day 23 follows Markie
    -no sugar
    -no snacking between meals
    -some desk work
    -some swimming- it helps that its a nice weather day
    -lots of packing

I think that’s enough !

Like your plan for day 21 !
    @markie99

Am delighted to see that my weight for day 23 is about 3 kg less than same time last year – and that’s taking into account the winter COVID KGs – just goes to show what an excuse we have with COVID !

Also goes to show that going on challenge with someone – even virtually – achieves better results 1

Day 22 USA (Illinois) NFD

Managed a good OMAD today.

Tomorrow evening (Friday) begins the B1G Ten football season!! It will mean either pizza or wings & crudites for dinner. Might have a beer!
    @markie99 — are you a football fan? @stitchincarol and I have a wager for our IL vs. NB game November 21. If I had thought of it before, I’d have challenged Wisconsin too. DH and I (and 2 of our 4 kids) are Illinois alums. Needless to say, we bleed orange and blue. 🙂 🧡💙

Onward and downward.

Day 23 – Japan – WFD #84

I’ve been sick this week, seems to be a light stomach flu. So far fast is easy but I may change depend on how I feel. On the other hand I might mostly sleep through this fast. 😀

Day 23 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Friday already, and it’s a bank holiday weekend here, but like every single bank holiday this year we are in lockdown. But it has to be done. Numbers are getting scary for our tiny island country and if we batten down the hatches we might, just might, gave a relatively normal Christmas.

No Halloween trick or treating this year.

I am excited for this weekend as I am collecting my Dad tomorrow (will have to venture through police check-points to get to him) and he is coming to me for the weekend as it his 84th birthday on Sunday. I am not breaking restrictions by having him here as he is elderly and I am caring for him 😀

He was worried that I might cancel the invite due to lockdown but I said no way, and he is really looking forward to getting away from his own four walls for a time 👍

We have sent out a Zooom invite to all my brothers and sisters (7 of us siblings 😄) and I am going to light a cake 🎂 at 17.30 on Sunday and the whole family will sing Happy Birthday via Zoom. Such fun. Dad will love being able to see all his children at the same time together, even if just by screen.

@i-hate-lettuce I laughed at your post 😆 Great to see you upbeat.
    @markie99 I hope the reading went well, I love public speaking too ☺️
    @EmmaTaylor best of luck with al the shenanigans prior to your op, it will be worth it.
    @stichincarol….love it…”Delay, don’t deny”…… Super thing to keep us going
    @dykask get well soon

Enjoy the weekend everyone

Day 23 – Lake district UK – Day 23 (I’ve checked!) NFD

Good morning everyone

Another really good sleep last night and apart from needing to ‘wake up and get brain going’ doing really well. Today is last treatment for week one, five more to go, so far so good. Making the most of it knowing the radiotherapy and chemo effects build up over time.

@stitchincarol – Was told to cut out various foods and strong alcohol, my occasional beer would be ‘my choice’ but with throat cancer, once further into treatment it will become increasingly difficult to eat and drink due to side effects on throat so decided none would be best. Going to give this thing a good kicking and missing beer is a small price.

Ironically last weekend I sampled my first Belgian Whit Beer brewed 2 weeks ago, checked the specific gravity and drank the contents of the sample tube. It tasted brilliant already! The good thing is I might bottle it today and at least it will have plenty of time to condition in the bottle, ready for whatever sort of Christmas we’re going to get!

@northerndawn – You’re certainly ahead of us in the weather stakes, we’ve a milder but damper weekend by the looks of it, we had a power cut yesterday evening for around 4 hours, temperature in the house was fine without the central heating on. Gardening will be keeping the fallen leaves in check and mountaineering boots on for the rockery, we have a large rockery at the back of the house, the limestone blocks are huge they must weigh half a ton apiece, we had to move some by hand when we built the conservatory (machine had no access, but 3 big guys managed) The only thing is they are slippery when wet, but decent boots and being careful it is a job that can be done, carefully.

@daffodil2010 – Yes upbeat is me, my was is to meet things head on, call it what it is, try not to worry, try and keep a sense of humour and lots of love from Mrs IHL and the ‘kids’.
    You can’t change the hand of cards you’ve been dealt, play them the best you can and even a poor hand can win!
    Bit profound from me, especially as I don’t play cards that much 🙂

Thanks very much for the support I’m getting from you all, it helps, even my ‘foul up’ with yesterdays FD pocket list made me realise how ‘together’ this group is, I have been on other forums in the past which would’ve had me on the naughty step. This is only one of two forums I follow (the other one is a brewers forum oddly enough)

Take care all.

Day 23 – UK – Fast 800 – 16:8 ZBC

I haven’t posted for over a week, so time to journal a few reflections on my October journey

I joined the challenge because I Had a really great first couple of months on my own but i guess naturally a few months in I’m now struggling to keep going and keep up the motivation and be excited by small meals, especially in winter!

Tier 2 restriction came in last week and I ended up drinking a lot more than usual in a ‘last chance’ sort of way
    Which then meant I was hungry and tired for days
    I just can’t deal with alcohol nowadays!
    It’s really put me off course on food exercise meditation and routine
    My plan was sober October, which obviously hasn’t worked out!
    I think I need to stay sober until Christmas now if I’m serious about getting this weight off. otherwise I’m just sabotaging myself and my hard work.
    It feels tough and vulnerable to write this and realise that I’m still sabotaging myself and making mistakes getting carried away with alcohol at my age, And maybe it’s just a life long thing! But I’m going to take control of it starting one day at a time and aiming for the rest of this year.

So overall Im Feeling like this past week or so is a bit of a write off.
    This Wednesday and Thursday were good days but before that I was eating lots of carbs for about a week and not tracking calories properly
    I think it’s the cold weather too
    I haven’t got the diet plan together yet in my head for cold months
    I bought a healthy salad stuff on Sunday but Iv felt too cold to eat it!
    I need to plan better to make quick healthy warm meals like roast vegetables and veggie sausages with vegetables and gravy. need to try more soups!

I had lost 4 lbs in the first half of this month but Iv put 2lbs back on this past week.
    So I don’t think I’m gonna hit my October target.
    But also slip ups happen and if I can stick to it this final week make some progress and end up below where I started this month then that’s still ok and I’m still on track just making slower gains in winter.

Thanks for The space for reflection and accountability. 🙏🏻😃🙌🏻

The is the meal I prepped myself this week, warm and comforting and Iv really enjoyed this deliciously creamy mushroom stroganoff from an old daily mirror article it’s 4 portions and only 90cal per portion for the stroganoff so you can still add 100g of brown rice and come in at around 200 cal for a warm hearty meal, and/or add some greens on the side, here is the recipe and the link below to a few other meal suggestions too

Mushroom stroganoff
    90 calories per serving
    Serves 4
    Prep time : 10 mins
    Cooking time : 25 mins

1tbsp rapeseed oil
    1 large onion, thinly sliced
    4 celery sticks, thinly sliced
    2 garlic cloves, crushed
    600g mixed mushrooms, chopped
    2tsp smoked paprika
    250ml vegetable stock
    150ml soured cream
    Pepper

1 Heat the oil in a nonstick frying pan. Add the onion, celery and garlic and cook for 5 mins or until beginning to soften. Add the mushrooms and paprika and cook for a further 5 minutes.

2 Pour in the stock and cook for a further 10 mins or until the liquid is reduced by half.

3 Stir in the soured cream and season with pepper. Cook over a medium heat for 5 mins. Serve immediately.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/lifestyle/dieting/recipes/52-diet-fast-low-calorie-1770918

Day 23 CD UK

Bad back is progressing slowly. Very stiff in the morning although doesn’t keep me awake at night thank goodness, only the bladder does that with persistent messages for the bathroom. Can’t ignore them as they keep me awake and get worse so give in ungracefully.

@northerndawn thank you for the exercise recommendation. I looked up Bob and Brad on utube and found that I was already doing some of the exercises so added the others in. They do seem to ease the back.

@bellalondon I made a note of your mushroom recipe. It sounds good so will be trying it. Thank you.

I haven’t put my name on any lists yet as I am still trying to get CD’s under my belt. Due to back problems I have been indulging in ready meals and puds and have unwittingly sabotaged myself big time. For example a pud I had last night came in at a whopping 400 calories. I just wasn’t reading the labels. Silly girl.
    Am wiser and bigger now so some hard work to do. Exercise is very limited but I can make a start by not exercising my jaw so much!!!!!!

@Ihatelettuce. My thoughts are with you at this tough time and I marvel at your upbeat attitude. Absolutely the right way to go and I’m with you in giving it a good kicking. Up and at em I say.

TTFN

Day 23 Melb Aust NFD

Have been MIA for a while – lots to do. But, interesting posts:

Comments re dresses for summer – I don’t think I’ve worn a dress or skirt more than 1-2 times for the past 20 years, and particularly not in summer. Fat upper legs rub together and chafe, so pants are much more comfortable for me. I’ll know I’ve REALLY lost weight when I can feel happy wearing tights under a skirt or dress. Nowhere near that yet.

@northgeorgia, continuing to enjoy your Lola, Wesley & you saga. Yay for being comfortably in the 230s, even if not as low as you’d hoped.

@i hate lettuce, glad you could enjoy a taste of the beer you brewed. Radiotherapy can be a pain – the longer you have it, the more there is a feeling of fatigue, however much rest you have. The only good thing is that most of the fatigue tends to clear up fairly quickly, within a few weeks of the radiotherapy finishing. So hang in there, and cover the ground as lightly as you can.

@daffodil2010, sympathise with your lockdown, but glad you’ll still be able to celebrate your father’s birthday. Here in Melbourne, we’ve been in strict lockdown since July (yes, nearly four months!) but are finally seeing light at the end of the tunnel, with very low daily Covid-19 numbers now (between 1-5 cases daily) and hoping for major easing of restrictions this Sunday.

Keep on keeping on everyone!

Day 23 – UK – FD800

What a dreary grey and wet morning so I took time out to follow in mother nature’s footsteps and let go for a while – time to pause and turn inwards – a chilled yoga practice to reset and balance the nervous system followed by a Yoga Nidra 🙏

The time got away from me again as it seems I last posted on Day 19 🤭

All good here just plodding along in maintenance and keeping up with my regular exercise regime 😇 but my DTF wish failed miserably whilst enjoying some lovely 🥂🍾

@markie99 – here is the recipe for the crab dish
    Long, thin romano peppers – the variety that look like Aladdin’s slippers – work well here, but any ripe pepper will do. The trick is to make sure they are thoroughly soft, their edges blackened here and there, before serving.
    Serves 4
    romano peppers 8 (or 4 large)
    sweet onions 2, medium
    olive oil 3 tbsp
    garlic 3 cloves
    grain mustard 1 tbsp
    Tabasco a few shakes
    crabmeat 350g, mix of brown and white
    soft, white breadcrumbs 100g
    parsley leaves a large handful
    tarragon 7g
    double cream 75ml
    parmesan 4 tbsp, grated
    *Place the peppers on their side on a chopping board. Take a thick slice from the top of each one to leave a deep hollow. Put the peppers snugly in a roasting tin or baking dish. Set the oven at 180C/gas mark 4.
    *Cut the slices of pepper you have removed into fine dice. Peel the onions and chop them finely. Warm the olive oil in a shallow pan and add the onions and chopped peppers, fry and occasionally stir for 10 minutes, until the onion has softened but not coloured.
    *Peel and chop the garlic then stir into the onion and pepper mixture, and continue cooking for 5 minutes until the first signs of colour appear on the onions. Transfer the softened onion and peppers to a large mixing bowl and stir in the mustard and Tabasco. Add the crabmeat and breadcrumbs.
    *Finely chop the parsley leaves and the tarragon then stir them in with the cream. Fill the peppers with the crab mixture, then scatter the grated parmesan over the top. Bake for 45 minutes, or until the peppers are soft and silky and the filling is nicely golden.
    ENJOY!
    @stitchincarol and @northerndawn – Thank you for your kind words 🤗
    @diana123 – hope your OH has recovered from his falls with no ill effects and 🤞 for the MRI
    @annabelle48 – so sorry to hear about your back problem – important to keep moving and have you thought of doing basic pilates – it is wonderful for back issues x and I too am a Mary Berry fan!!
    @snowflake56 – at last some positive news from the flooring company!!!!
    @stitchincarol – I’m considering trying a Leslie walk in view of the wet weather perhaps later today or tomorrow – will look at the links you shared with @markie99
    @daffodil2010 – lockdown is hard – try to keep a positive mindset and have a fab time with your Dad this weekend – I bet he is so looking forward to it – Happy 84th Birthday to him for Sunday! 🎂🥂🍾🎁🎈
    @i-hate-lettuce – bet you will be glad that this first week is over – have a relaxing weekend being spoilt by Mrs IHL no doubt
    @bellalondon – enjoyed reading your catchup post and musings and thanks for the mushroom stroganoff recipe – I’m a great fan of mushrooms in all form so will be trying that soon. Good to have you company on a FD800 today 🤗
    @betsylee – good to hear from you – our numbers of both infection and deaths from Covid is just horrible here – Australia and NZ have escaped lightly in that respect – something to do with the different ways our government have handled this pandemic??????

Pocket list day 22
    @dykask WFD #84
    @bellalondon FD800
    @at FD800

ZBC day 22
    @bellalondon
    @at

Exercise day 22
    @at

Wishing you all a good weekend and remember that “It’s okay to struggle, but it’s not okay to give up on yourself or your dreams”

Day 23 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in again at 239 lbs. Steady into the weekend hehe! Tried to be aware of too much snacking yesterday, and limited it. Also drank several glasses of water after the evening meal (and took a fiber pill, because I think I’m neglecting veggies on my NFD days. This is something I can easily change!)

Lola counts down, “three, two, one!” “WESLEY!” Lola screams, pounding at the door. I push the doorbell repeatedly while Lola pounds. “Wesley?” I ask. A neighbor pops out her head. “What the heck is going on?” “Welfare check,” Lola says. Concerned, the woman walks out and crosses her arms, looking on. Embarrassed, I continue to ring the door bell, “Wesley?” Angrily, Wesley slings open the door, and shouts, “what? I’m up!!” Upon seeing us with Mrs. Gossett standing behind us with her arms crossed, he quickly says, “what’s going on?” Mrs. Gossett says, “your friends were just concerned about you.” “Oh Wesley!” Lola says, leaping into an embrace with him, “we have been trying to reach you all morning. It’s after 2:00 in the afternoon and you weren’t answering your phone. We were SOOO worried!” Lola glances at me, and twitches her head quickly to prompt me along. “Oh! Yes! Thank goodness you’re all right!” Mrs. Gossett walks back to her apartment. “What wonderful friends you have to look in on you Wesley. I’m going to have to keep an eye out on you.” She closes her door. Lola and I enter Wesley’s apartment, chuckling. Lola holds her belly and rolls over with laughter on his couch. “Very funny. Very funny. Actually, I’ll have you know I’ve been awake for at least 20 minutes and have started packing.”

Best wishes into the weekend, everyone!

Day 23 Wisconsin USA CD

FD went fairly well, although once again came in closer to 800 cal. The reading was a thrill and I was grateful for the opportunity to read. About 41 people attended, and a dozen read brief pieces. Also, it was nice to see everyone without masks, although virtually of course.

So cold and rainy again, I may be trying that walking video sooner rather than later. Have a nice, peaceful stretch yoga class planned as well as a balance class. Going back to the library for an extra volunteer shift to help with the backlog of books on hold. There is something I enjoy about being in that big, open and currently empty space, and being able to accomplish some work.

Plan for Day 23:
    16:8, avoid sugar and processed foods
    Continue steps, yoga and at least one other exercise (Balance class today)

@stichincarol, I’m an aspiring writer at best. My online journal is mainly memoir written for me and my friends and family. If you want to check it out, but please don’t feel obliged, it’s here:
    https://www.movingforwardglancingback.com

@coogeecoastrekker, glad you liked my plan, good luck with yours, you seem to be on the right track (or trek) for sure!
    @songbirdme, yes, definitely a fan of (American) football. Badgers (and Packers) all the way. I’ll have to look at that Big Ten schedule……..
    @daffodil2010, just heard that we are having trick or treat in our neighborhood. We will place the treats outside and the little ghosts and goblins will circulate around with parents. Not sure how many will actually participate though. What types of speaking do you enjoy most? I miss teaching classes and giving brief, fun healthcare presentations.
    @northgeorgia, great that you are holding steady!
    @at thanks so much for the recipe, will give it a try. Yes, I love those Romano peppers too and they do look like slippers.
    @i-hate-lettuce, glad the first week is over, hope you can rest when you need to.
    @annabelle48, hope your back continues to improve. A stiff, painful back can be so miserable. Hope eventually you can manage some very gentle stretches.
    @bellalondon, thanks for your reflections. Sometimes what we post is exactly what someone needs to read.

So glad I’m here on this forum with all of you. Take care everyone. Be kind to yourself, whatever path you are on.

Day 23 – Rural Nebraska, USA – Fast5

Another satisfying 148.0, the lowest since 2017 or 2016 (can’t remember for sure, and don’t have records). Now to get through the weekend with the same sort of discipline I have Monday through Thursday!

@northerndawn I’m entirely there with you, loving a glass of wine while I cook. I have one disadvantage that works to my huge advantage: while any wine has always given me a bit of a headache, it’s currently giving me a huge headache, even when all I have is two ounces of white (I tested a week or two ago); that sure makes it much easier to resist most of the time. Glad the “delay, don’t deny” mantra helped you!

@CoogeeCoastTrekker Your list for today made excellent sense–until I got to “lots of packing.” Hmmm….like, for a trip? Or is there another meaning to “packing” that’s unfamiliar to me? And EXCELLENT job on the 3kg loss over last year’s weight!

@songbirdme I’m beginning to think you’re more of a fanatic for Illinois than I am for Nebraska, but it’s sure fun to anticipate our first game this Saturday–TOMORROW!! We play Ohio State; who do you play this first game?

@dykask Huge sympathies to you on the stomach flu; hope you’re far better today!

@daffodil2010 Your plans for celebrating your dad’s birthday sound perfect and so special; have a grand time this weekend!

@i-hate-lettuce Missing beer in order to stomp this cancer into oblivion is indeed a small price to pay. So very happy you’re having a good experience with this first week of treatment.

@bellalondon So very happy you’re back with us! And, to have only regained two of the four pounds you’ve lost in October sounds like a success to me! I have one concern about the thoughts you voiced about losing weight: “sober until Christmas.” I mean, sober, yes, but I think you’re meaning completely without alcohol. You know your body best, so I certainly wouldn’t argue with you, but let me posit that DTF, or “Dry-except-for-[blank]-days” is a more moderate approach that might keep the pendulum from swinging too erratically. But, whatever you decide is the right approach for you, know that we are right here beside you and will be so honored to cheer you on! And, thanks for the recipe; I always love having recipes that are friendly to the goal of losing weight!

@annabelle48 So sorry your back is still so painful, and very glad the YouTube suggestion @northerndawn gave you is helping!

@betsylee So good to hear from you! Life is certainly different today from what it was a year ago today, eh?

@at OOOOOhh! Another recipe, and the crab one at that! My mind is already racing as to when I might choose to make this! Yum, yum, yum.

@northgeorgia Aww, poor Wesley! 😂🤣😂🤣 I’m enjoying your story! And congratulations on what I think is your third day at 139!

@markie99 Thanks for the link to your blog, and what a great title it is! You’re lovely in your picture; where is that photo taken?

I keep looking out at the bleak sky, with tree branches shifting and moving and suddenly jerking in a strong wind gust. There will again be no outdoor work for me today as it’s currently 34F/1C and “feels like” 23F/-5C. There’s plenty to do inside, however, and I still need to figure out what’s for supper; my goal is to cook entirely with what’s at hand and not drive to town for any groceries.

Remember: Delay, don’t deny–it’s going to be hard, but HARD IS NOT IMPOSSIBLE.

Have a grand day, everyone!

Day 23, Emden Germany, NFD

@emma-taylor C19 makes everything so complicated esp. in health care. What I also like about wearing dresses, is that I only have to put on one piece and don’t have to think about matching things.

@i-hate-lettuce You and Mrs. IHL must be glad your first week is over and you can enjoy your weekend. Don’t worry about mixing up pocket lists, someone will find out and ajust it. It happens.

@toady I’m Dutch, we love liquorice! I do like raspberry and chocolate, a good combination so it’s better not to have it in the house. Go for the next 10 kg, it would be a major achievement to lose it before you see your mother.

@markie99 The credit for the Leslie suggestion and the links goes to @stitchincarol.

@stitchincarol We have one good charity shop and three that seem to be stuck in a timewarp. The sales people in the good charity shop are the nicest too. I finished four hems yesterday and will do the other one tomorrow. It went really well but it took more time than expected.

@northerndawn What a lovely day you had!

@daffodil2010 Enjoy the weekend with your Dad!

@bellalondon Thanks for your update and the lovely recipe. That’s something I’m going to make, I love mushrooms.

@betsylee My mother had the same issues with her thighs. Sher comes from an era where women weren’t allowed to wear trousers and only started wearing them later in life. She didn’t allow us to wear them either so I got my first pair of trousers when I was 12 y.o. but it never bothered me to wear dresses. My mother was a very skilled seamstress and made us the most lovely dresses.

@at My DH gave them the option to leave it like it is without payment or to redo it. Today they called and offered to redo it but they could understand if we would turn their offer down. We turned it down as we don’t have any faith in them anymore. He’ll bring us the leftover linoleum to fix the gaps ourselves and a letter saying they withdraw from the contract. It’s an unsatisfying solution but as we don’t want to work with them again, it seems to be the best one. It’s disappointing it had to turn out like this.

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 23 Second Post

Thanks @stitchincarol. The photo was taken overlooking the beautiful town of Waterton, in Alberta, Canada, almost exactly a year ago, when we visited the Canadian Rockies. It was incredibly windy, and I loved that the wind was part of the photo. We were with an active group, and that’s the trip that helped me realize that I can hike in all kinds of weather.

Day 23 – NSW, AU – MFD

Managed another 16:8, broke fast with a banana. Weighed myself before my first cuppa – 98.6kg, have lost a kilo since last week despite my binges. Lunch was the last of the couscous and more cups of tea to keep me going and stop the belly thinking it was hungry. Had enough calories left to enjoy a tasty Butter Chicken when I got home from work and started fasting again just after 5. Hopefully gym sometime over the weekend if my calves stop hating me.

Day 23 USA (Illinois) NFD

Haven’t eaten much at all today, but going out to eat. Illinois is getting more restrictions Sunday due to COVID spike, so not sure what that will mean for indoor dining.

@markie99 – I also loved that photo in the wind! You look like a real adventuresome gal. Yes, we especially love NCAA football, but I grew up watching the Bears with my dad. Although, his working in the steel industry in Chicagoland had him rooting for the Pittsburgh Steelers too. Lots of folks around here are Packers fans (we’re only 10 miles south from Wisconsin) so when the Bears and Packers play against each other, the real loyalties come out. My ILLINI do play your Badgers tonight. I doubt it will be very close.

@stitchincarol -yes, we’re very avid. Our kids used to laugh at our being season ticket holders to both the Lyric Opera and ILLINI. Haven’t done that for a while. It really meant juggling and driving to the venues.

Onward and downward.

Day 23 Third Post
    @songbirdme, WI Badgers are currently winning the game tonight, but it’s early times and your ILLINI beat the socks off of us last year, if I recall correctly. 🙂

@northerndawn – the packing was for a house move…. which never seems to end….

Raining today but still got my morning swim in !
    Great way to start the day and keep on track….

Day 24, Emden Germany, NFD

Have a great weekend everyone!

Day 24 – NSW, AU – MFD

Another 16:8, broke fast with 2 eggs and Rivita, seems to be my weekend ‘breakfast’ staple. Just around noon I got hungry so ended up having a Chicken Noodle Cuppa Soup which kept me going for a while, a snack of a banana around 2 and an early dinner around 4:40 of Chilli Con Carne meal. All in all a quiet day, hopefully the gym tomorrow morning, mood and weather permitting.

Day 24 – Lake district UK – NFD

Good morning everyone,

@snowflake56 – wasn’t too worried about messing up the pocket list, always happy to hold my hand up, hence the ‘straight cop gov’ comments (my humour coming through again) Anyway with my background I remember being told by a Sgt early doors, “Look lad if you’re ever in the Commanders office ‘cos you’ve made a mistake, hold your bloody hand up! Tell him you realised wot’ you did was wrong and will not make the same mistake again and apologise. Hard to tear into someone after they’ve come clean” It turned out good advice within a couple of weeks and for many years to come 😉

Mrs IHL and I ended our week on a high, very positive indeed, yesterday did a reasonable walk, some gardening and then later afternoon for treatment, which is about an hour each way and I drove both ways. Feeling good and positive, admittedly the gardening was mainly raking up leaves and lightweight pruning, but nonetheless doing bit even if only ‘bimbling’ around!

At last something decent to watch on TV, don’t watch a lot but Rugby (Union) internationals are starting, last night Scotland vs Georgia, today Ireland vs Italy then France vs Wales.
    More to come over the next few weekends, brilliant …. although must leave the beers in storage!

Blowy damp morning, heading to the garden centre/nursery to collect planters and winter flowering plants for gifts. Put on a couple of pounds or so over the last week, building up pre treatments, but not in the slightest worried, we all know how to deal with it, first thing is don’t panic, jump back on the 5:2 wagon, in my circumstances) it’ll be a few weeks, in the meantime being as careful as possible.

Take care all

Day 24 UK NFD

Only a week left , must try and get my act together it’s been a very up and down month My revised aim is to end on my starting weight …..Have a good one all x

Day 24 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in was interesting this morning. First step on was 240.0, then second step on was 238.8. Finally settled at a steady 239 something.

Tomorrow will be the beginning of my last week of October 4:3, planning on a Sunday/Tuesday/Thursday FD regimen next week. Last month, it seemed to work to push the weight on the lower end of the range when being fickle, so worth a try again.

Glad to have lost another 1/4 inch of waistline this month! The 11th of next month will make six months I have been on the 5:2, and I was thinking last night of the other health benefits I’ve seen. I opened my medicine chest and realized I’ve barely touched the antacid tablets during this whole time — maybe one every month or two. I used to have horrible acid reflux, and now it is rare that I have a flare-up.

“I don’t know really what to pack,” Wesley said. “I’m not really the outdoorsy type.” I reassure Wesley, “well, we’re hoping to stay in a cabin, so we’re not really planning on the tent-camping thing…” Lola responds, “although you can’t really count that out, either!” Wesley flashes a horrified look, sees Lola’s grin, and starts shuffling through his closet again. “What if it rains?” he asks. “You’ll get a little wet,” Lola responds. “What if I catch cold?” “Take some cold tablets with you and some tissue,” I say. “Tissue paper! What if I go to some off-trail outhouse and…” “Oh, for goodness’ sake, Wesley! The park has a visitor center complete with gift shop, vending machines, and indoor plumbing with — wait for it — plenty of toilet paper,” Lola says. “I’m taking my rain coat. I’m not going to walk around soaking wet.” I shrug. There’s no rain in the forecast at all and if there were, it’s not like we couldn’t find shelter pretty quickly. I have a few lightweight disposable ponchos in the trunk anyway, but better not bother Wesley with those details now. His panic is in full force.

Have a fantastic weekend, everyone!

Day 24 Wisconsin USA

Quick check in today. I’m attending a memorial service for a friend who passed away during the summer. The venue is committed to social distancing and I won’t be staying for the luncheon. It will be good to see mutual friends and good to be there to support the sweet husband of my friend who is so alone right now.

Hope everyone has a good day. Take care and be kind to yourselves.

Plan for Day 24:
    Be kind to myself.
    Eat well and exercise as much or as little as desired.

Day 24 – Rural Nebraska, USA – Fast5

Yesterday was not awful because I didn’t eat like a crazy woman (which I’ve been known to do on a Friday when I finally allow myself a beer…or two!), but it had a definite effect on the scale because we had nachos, and there’s lots of sodium in all that yumminess. At some point in the middle of the night, my stomach commented to my brain how much better it feels at night when I’m eating far fewer calories, and not so much salt. My brain is committed to being supportive of my stomach with tonight’s supper. Let’s see if that commitment still holds tonight, and if my mouth is willing to cooperate!

@snowflake That does indeed sound like the best solution, but I sure am sympathetic with your unhappiness. What about a DIY project; in the States there are many options for flooring that are relatively easy for non-carpenters, including peel-and-stick tiles. Have you looked in stores for what your options are?

@markie99 Sounds like a wonderful trip! Perhaps DH and I will manage a trip there eventually; I think we’d both enjoy it.

@toady Congratulations on your progress! Are you feeling like your eating plan is easy enough to keep up for the long-run, or are you using it as a weight-loss solution for right now, but not forever?

@songbirdme Ahhh, the Chicago Lyric Opera–I listen to my public radio station every Saturday to the opera, but have never managed to attend an opera in person; that’s on my bucket list! I did attend the CSO once when Michael Tilson Thomas was guest conducting; it was a thrilling experience! I’ll bet you enjoyed watching your team last night even though they lost; I’m expecting the same experience for Nebraska today as they’re playing Ohio State, not a team we’re likely to beat. 🤷‍♂️

@coogeecoastrekker Well, good luck with reaching the end of the packing. When do you move?

@i-hate-lettuce What great advice that sergeant gave you; if only we’d all follow it faithfully, this world would be better, I believe! And what a joy that you finished your first week feeling so good; may all your weeks be so good!

@brightonbelle Up and down month aside, you’re firmly on the wagon with all our arms around you, so you should be good to go to end the month no higher than you started!

@northgeorgia, your scale is clearly responsible for my scale’s bad behavior this week; first it told mine what to do to annoy me, and now it’s annoying you! Silly scales! Your scale will be so irritated when your 4:3 approach for the final week forces it to show lower numbers! 😍

@markie99 Enjoy your visit with friends you haven’t seen in awhile!

@basyjames, @ccco, @EmmaTaylor, @penz, @annabelle48, @kazoo, @diana123, @missybear, @betsylee, @sheryj2021, @suki2, @flourbaby, and @funshipfreddie: We miss regular updates from all of you, and hope you’re doing well.

Have a grand day, everyone!

Day 24 USA (Illinois) NFD

I am happy to say I ate smartly at our favorite Italian restaurant last evening. The salmon, veggies, salad, and only one small slice of bread with olive oil were delicious. Oh, and one glass of Chardonnay. We brought home a tiramisu to share, so also not bad.

We needed that dessert to drown the sorrow at the poor ILLINI performance against those nasty Wisconsin Badgers. I’m guessing WI is a super good team, and our ILLINI could not compete.

All this talk of the infamous scale! We’ve had various names for it around here. I remember “Cruella” being one of the most descriptive. 🙂

Just found out one of my home-school piano students home has a positive COVID test. I teach the 12 and 9 year-olds there, but the older teen brother was on a church retreat where quite a few were infected. We will be watching to make sure no symptoms around here.

Onward and downward.

Day 24 Minnesota, USA NFD
    Day 23 NFD (under TDEE)

Thursday’s FD was a good one! Weight yesterday was a pleasant surprise. I’m not going to be down by much this month, but at this rate, I will be down for the month.

Yesterday DH got off work early and the temperature that was forecast was a balmy 36F (2.2C), so I asked DD if she and her family would like to come over in the afternoon for some patio time and Thai chicken curry. We fired up the propane patio heater and it worked really well to keep the chill away. It was not windy, so that helped. Was very overcast so no help from the sun, but we were all comfortable until 6:30 pm when they left. Now, we are ordering a fire table for heat from a lower source to add to our comfort as the weather gets colder.

@markie99 Thank you for posting your blog link. I read all of the first page and it brings back many memories and feelings from my own nursing experiences. The OR was never for me for a couple of reasons…..I felt somewhat claustrophobic there, and didn’t like standing in one place for so long, and I couldn’t trust myself to tolerate the surgeons with egos the size of, well, of surgeons. 😂. I’m with @stitchincarol…..you are lovely in your picture, and I very much enjoy your writing. I immediately recognized Waterton…..it is where DH and I went on our honeymoon. Lovely memories of drinking coffees with various brandies and Irish cream in the restaurant at the Prince of Wales Hotel, looking out onto the lake. We’ve never been back, though we’ve talked about it many times. I showed him your picture…. and we’ve decided to get reservations in Waterton for 2022, in the summer. Hopefully, we will be allowed to cross into Canada by then.

@snowflake56 I think it best not to have any more to do with the linoleum installers that you initially hired. I hope you can figure out a way to make their bad results look nice for you and your husband.

@dykask I hope you feel better soon.

@daffodil2010 Enjoy your day with your dad and with your family all together on zoom! Happy Birthday to him from me!

@i-hate-lettuce Is a rockery like a boulder wall, which is used here as a retaining wall as well as boundary wall? We have some very slippery surfaces around our house as well, and what wouldn’t have been any problem when younger causes one to go so much more carefully these days. Stay steady!

@bellalondon Warm soups and roasted vegetables and doing comforting things for yourself may help you to swerve other things that can feel like a treat at the time, but in reality cause much more discomfort than comfort. Be kind to yourself. Thanks for the recipe……it sounds very yummy!

@annabelle48 I’m glad your back is slowly getting better, and maybe a few exercises from Bob and Brad help. I’m glad you’re still here and posting, and striving to stay controlled.

@stitchincarol Congratulations on the lowest weight in a couple years or so! That is a big achievement! I can’t wait to be there in the next 6 months or less.

@toady Congrats on your kilo loss!

@brightonbelle Ending the month where you started is where I might end up this month, also. I’m looking at it as just a pause….I’m taking a breather before pushing on next month. See you in November!!!!

@northgeorgia It sounds like you are firmly in the 230’s……good for you!

@songbirdme Please, keep yourselves healthy and seek out treatment ASAP if you start experiencing symptoms! My DH is an alumni of ISU, and now our oldest granddaughter has gotten her acceptance letter there and planning to attend next fall, so it’s the Big 12 for us these days.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Day 25 Melb Aust TDEE

Have been enjoying the forum posts. There are so many interesting people here! 🙂

@songbirdme, hope there are no consequences for you re your student’s older sibling testing positive to C19. You’ve been careful, so will be praying for no negative result.

@brightonbelle, joining you in the hope of managing, at the end of the month, to be where I was when I started. With birthday celebrations and added pressures, it hasn’t been a great month for me, either, but the brakes are firmly on now, whew!

@snowflake56, re slacks versus dresses, in my mother’s era also, they were generally a no-no. Probably more so, as she was in her 20s during the 1930s. She showed me a photo once of her in slacks at a picnic, and mentioned that she had scandalised a lot of people by wearing them. A lot of the women in the family from her generation tended to be short, carrying most of their excess weight in hips and thighs. I followed them, sigh!

@northgeorgia, where are Wesley, Lola, etc., going for their trip? A continuing interesting saga.

@i hate lettuce, great you could get out and do a bit in the garden – very therapeutic.

@stitchincarol, like your saying – “delay, not deny”. It works, mostly.

Onward and downwards everyone!

Day 25 – NSW, AU – MFD

An 18 hour fast, go me! Broke it with a cup of instant Miso soup around 11am, had a late lunch (1:30ish) of carrot sticks and eggplant dip (kinda weird tasting but not too bad) and had enough leftover for a rather early Satay Chicken dinner (4:30ish).

I think I’m going well, both with the physical weight loss but also changing my mind frame. I didn’t realise how much I used to eat just for the sake of eating, or that I was a boredom eater. I know that despite what my stomach is telling me I’m not actually hungry, it’s just used to having food in it most of the time and feels strange when it’s empty.

@stitchincarol – I’m planning on doing the Fast 800 for probably the 12 weeks that Michael suggests (almost 4 weeks into it now, give or take a few ‘cheat’ days), see how much I can loose with that… I know I won’t lose the remaining 30-35kg I want to lose in that time, but it’ll be a good start at least. I can see myself continuing with the Intermittent Fasting for quite a few more months though, anywhere from 13:11’s up to 18:6’s or longer depending on what’s going on in my life and so forth and hopefully by November/December 2021 I can be at my goal weight. Once I get there it’ll just be a case of remembering to not eat too much and put it all back on again. (And I’m sorry if I rambled a bit)

Day 25 – Lake district UK – CFD

Good morning everyone

Well drag me off the wagon and throw me on the naughty step ….. 😉

Yesterday, garden centre bought planters, plants and bulbs, ready for gifts to friends and neighbours for helping with transport over the next few weeks.
    By the time end of November comes they should be well in flower and be good to go and last ’till late spring.
    I like to think a bit more personal than wine or choc’s! Mind you some prefer my beers anyway 🙂
    Back home then out for a walk, afternoon rugby on TV, (luckily Mrs IHL likes the rugby) as well as me. There was a second game on in the evening so we watched that as well! …… As for the naughty step ….. BEER ! Only the one but was it was rather good, taste buds still working ok at the moment.
    Mind you, I’m doing as I’m told, medics said ‘you know how you feel, so it’s up to you’ Well my body’s a temple, not quite in ruins, but needs careful attention and some renovation work 🙂 🙂

Breezy wet morning this morning so Mrs IHL is baking a Dorset Appple cake to take for the medics coffee break and I’m bottling 15 litres of Belgian Whit (wheat) Beer, NOT for the medics. If it fairs up, more bimbling around the garden and a walk. You can gather from that, feeling good 😉

@northerndawn – Our Rockery, the whole area where we live is on limestone, so there are a lot of gardens round here with rockeries. Ours is at the rear of the bungalow, best way to describe it is over 3 tiers from the lawn level to the back of the house its approx’ 2 metres by 8 metres long. It stretches out from the bungalow for about 4 metres, so the building is on one level and the rear garden is a real suntrap at the lower level, although the land is sloping the way it was built on there’s only the driveway that gives the game away, very cleverly done actually.
    Great thing about the rockery is the planting space between the rocks, although they are huge lumps of rock there’s really good planting areas between them. Acers are dotted around, then plenty of herbaceous perennials, but still room for a few summer favourites.
    The good news is it needs a good sort out in spring when everything sets off, similarly, this time of year, trim things right back as they die back, prune the Acers, and very little weeding to do.

Blethered on a bit there this morning, second coffee !

Take care all.

Day 25 UK NFD

Seriously self sabotaging, know I’m eating and drinking the wrong things and in too big quantities. Going to spend some tome today to plan out next week and at least end the month with some good habits and turn this wagon around

Viewing 50 posts - 351 through 400 (of 509 total)

You must be logged in to reply.